It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupider in the city.....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by mellisamouse
I have a truck load of relatives from there, and my granmother I am staying with right now grew up in boxelder...lol...

Where the hell is Boxelder?
That's almost as bad as Dime box, Texas!!!!

I think it IS! lol...it is by annona I think. I found it on google map, and there was only a bubble for an inisible store!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

Well, I'm from East Texas, so,yeah.....
My town has about 12,000 people in it, but the people here think a lot smaller than that.
I've known people, especially old-timers, who have never even travelled outside of my county.It's sad, really.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Living in the country is a more relaxed, natural way of life. There isn't so much artificial stimulation of the senses. You actually have time to finish one thought before being interupted. Cleaner food, water and air would help too!

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Well, I'm from East Texas, so,yeah.....
My town has about 12,000 people in it, but the people here think a lot smaller than that.
I've known people, especially old-timers, who have never even travelled outside of my county.It's sad, really.

I know, on my last visit they were actually asking me if I had seen a frog or a snake before.....I almost wanted to tell them I live in an igloo.

I thought the internet would have cleared up a lot of that by now, but the internets is the debil! (apparently)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

soooo true! I just had a rant about that this morning....the no morals thing bugs me, baaaaaaad!

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Cities = ok
car = ok

Cities + cars = bad

Murders in Chicago
The blue dots represent the site of multiple homicides.

The correlation between CO2 and the murder rate is not discussed much,
but anyone who has seen the freak out scene in Apoll 13 knows what this is about.

Freak out scene

Explanation scene.
The volume on this clip is pretty weak.
Here is the relevant part.

You get impaired judgement, blackouts, the beginings of brain asphyxia

Either the cars should get out of the cities,
or the people should.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

wow, excellent analogy...

makes sense for sure, that coupled with the rampant electromagnetic craziness, could explain a lot..

people I know from the coast all say the same thing... as soon as you get on that first ferry outta the city, you can feel a dark cloud lifting..a cloud of irritation, negativity, stress, and just plain yuck!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well, I finally moved back to the boonies... paradise really. My mental clarity, happiness, energy etc has improved by about 500% already.... amaizing!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Funny enough, I was just reading through your post. First time I had seen it was just now. I am from a small city, moved to the country 9 years ago, and I so want to get back to city life. I feel like I am withering away in the country. No real friends, nothing to stimulate me. I am a people person, I thrive on being around people. And those that I meet where I live, are not exactly stimulating conversation. I feel alive when I am "home" visiting, and that has only been 3x since I moved 9 years ago.

For me, I would say that I thrive in what I grew up with. Small city life. The country is a nice, beautiful, peaceful place, to visit, but I don't want to live [t]here.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

I think it is THIS city... we are down for 5 days getting the last of our things and the two of us have been in a coma the entire time.... just EXHAUSTED.... two more sleeps..... ahhhh!

I made that post on our first day back and it has been downhill from there.

I too am a people person, but there are many great folks on our little island and right across the ferry, so socially it is great!

Definatly social environment has a HUGE impact, but in vancouver, the water is almost grey, and all cloudy, after a few glasses of tapwater and a bath I go to sleep mode...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join