It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crying Girl DVD Helps Men Feel Strong

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I thought this was pretty messed up. It's a DVD featuring 11 Japanese girls crying on camera while recounting painful memories and is meant to somehow empower men. WTF?

I guess I'll have to stick to making real girls cry until they come out with a sequel starring European girls. JK

So, how many of you will be placing a pre-order? Get 'em while the tears are still warm! :shk:

Link to article

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
'ordered'

Hope this works, I have high expectations!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The Japanese have what appears to be an incredibly emotionally repressive society. As a result, stuff tends to come out in their `art'.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
No idea why there's a picture of Kaneda from Akira in that article... Oh well..

I'm not sure how this 'empowers' men, but I guess it may be to do with differing attitudes in society than in the 'western' world..

Japan is a very restrained country, emotions are kept to themselves most of the time, and I figure it must take a lot of trusting another person to bare your soul and show how you're really feeling inside.

So in that respect, it's almost like it's making men watching this feel as if they have something of a connection to these girls, and in its own way giving them a bit of a confidence boost?

Dunno, to me it seems almost mildly sadistic in a way..

new topics

top topics

join