It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI: Satanism is on an astonishing scale

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

But yeah call us "evil" because we have a label that otherthrows the mind-controlling dichotomy - but open Satanists are not evil. We are just "human" animals.
Your "good" religions and the states they control send people to war (and you don't question the commandment on killing?).
According to Ickes' paradigm you are handing over your cash and blessings to the very people who are practising the very evil of human sacrifice that you claim to abhor!
How ironic.
Wickedness and self-delusion is indeed on epic scale - business as usual.

posted on Aug, 25 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark
Once again...many (if not most) of you are confusing Satanism with something that's very much not Satanism.
No one is disputing that there is ritual sacrifice in whatever capacity for reasons as yet unknown to us.
However, it is not part of what is officially recognized as Satanism.
I'm wagering that quite a few of you are just posting without reading any of what's been previously discussed in this thread.
There are plenty of real Satanists on ATS that would be more than happy to discuss what Satanism actually is.
So, before you jump to media-frenzy idealized assumptions, just read and ask.

I for one do not understand Satanism. I personally do not believe in any religion. What is offically recognized as Satanism is obviously something I personally need to read about.

All I know is the social experience that I had when being employed by a wealthy elderly Satanic sect in the early 80's. They treated me with respect and paid me well for my performances. We had a kind of bond. It was clearly understood and excepted that I was not a member or follower of anything in the remote sense.

The fact that you use the term media-frenzy is a little insulting to me because during the time in which my high school friends were sacrificed or taken to the vegetable farm, there were no media driven concepts to make themselves present as they have done in the last 3 decades. There was no such thing as Heavy Metal music, Lost Boys fads, etc. This all took place between 1969 to 1971.

Even though media driven coverage on Satanic worship made it's way through films or the pathetic sensational Manson murders at that time, it was not considered important to Satanists in any sense. The mind set was completely opposite in those times with the general public and the Satanists. I was mostly connected with elderly groups that belonged to families that had passed witchcraft and Satanism down to us from generations dating back to the 1700's in Europe. The fact that my friends were sacrificed had little to do with how the media perceived it. I just felt left in the dust (so to speak), with a memory of friends I once had laughs with and shared my childhood with. I have always felt very sad about the whole affair and as pathetic as I may sound, I am still to this day confused about Satanism due to my personal experience. I'm sorry for this intrusion on the thread and will bail out so that others can continue a more intelligent and informative based topic that I obviously know little about. Thank you for your insight.

posted on Aug, 26 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
There might be two fourms/definitions of what constitutes Satanism the blood thirsty sacrificing of humans and animals cult type and the Levay Satanism but to be honest at least in my opinion there both wrong....

Obviously with the cult type killing people for the sake of a deity is just morality wrong and with Levay Satanism he preaches to be your own god which nine out of ten times means think your above people that you can do no wrong and which often translates into a ego maniac.

No thanks besides in the ten commandments it states thou shall not kill which should be taken to heart which so many christians break for the sake of war, and the person who said that the Biblical god condones sacrifice the reason Jesus came here was to teach the propper meaning of the Bible which clearly says "thou shall not kill"......

My two cents anyway....

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
satanism is only really something well defined and believable to a christian. in fact i would go so far as to say you must be, at some root level, a christian to worship satan.

Does anyone read a thread before they post!?
I mean...you do understand that there's a huge difference between being a Satanist and worshiping a devil caricature...right?
One is Satanism...one isn't!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Seesar
There might be two fourms/definitions of what constitutes Satanism the blood thirsty sacrificing of humans and animals cult type and the Levay Satanism but to be honest at least in my opinion there both wrong....

No there aren't and you're welcome to your opinion, no matter how uneducated, condescending and irrelevant it is.

Obviously with the cult type killing people for the sake of a deity is just morality wrong and with Levay Satanism he preaches to be your own god which nine out of ten times means think your above people that you can do no wrong and which often translates into a ego maniac.

So, in other words, piecing together your first paragraph with your second, Satanists are wrong, and you're right. Yes? Now who's the ego maniac? If you can shed some light on the question as to whom is sacrificing people, whom they're being sacrificed to, and where exactly this is going on, please chime in with something contributory. However, since your tank runs solely on opinions, I very much doubt you can offer anything in the way of concrete facts.

No thanks besides in the ten commandments it states thou shall not kill which should be taken to heart which so many christians break for the sake of war, and the person who said that the Biblical god condones sacrifice the reason Jesus came here was to teach the propper meaning of the Bible which clearly says "thou shall not kill"......

My two cents anyway....

That's cute...you spelled "proper" improperly.

Anywho, this entire thread has been derailed over and over by people giving their commentaries on christianity, as well as dictating to many other people exactly what Satanism is from a highly christianity-infected point of view.
Now, if any of you actually bothered to read this thread, you'd see that the whole point of this discussion is not to debate what Satanism is or where it came from.
Originally, it was about more uneducated mish-mashing of ritualistic murders together with the scary, boogieman-like view of how the woefully uneducated and willfully ignorant consider what Satanism is about.
Now, as an educated person who just so happens to tread the left-hand path, I felt that it might be in everyone's best interest if I stepped in and assisted in correcting some of the common misconceptions, as well as educating myself on the nature of some of these very real (and many many completely not real) ritualistic killings.
But, since very few of you are willing to put aside your pre-conceived prejudices (or even read the thread before you comment) I know that I'm really just fighting an uphill battle.
So, I guess that basically just leaves me with this parting statement before I take a well-deserved vacation from ATS (because I have a life off of this computer)...
Sucks to be as ignorant as some of you.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Theres something about david icke i never took interest in

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
i actually checked out Church Of Satan or whatever it is called. i forgot. and felt their message was awesome. it`s about being free, illuminating yourself and owning your mind as opposed to signing it away to someone else.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by meshuggah11]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Exsqeez me for spelling a word wrong, but the fact that you had to take petty shots at me shows me who really is uneducated and yes most definitely condescending...........full of your self much??? Kinda proves my point.

The fact you come on here and defend Lavey Satanism by making your self sound like a martyr by bashing my knowledge of the force (that was a joke) inculding my knowledge of Satanism which by the way i know more about then you think, is one thing but after comming off like i was a jerk for bashing it and then you turn around and bash Christianity the same way i could say that your a hypocrite but let what ever power guides you decide that.

Besides at its roots Lavey Satanism contradicts its self if you were really to take the teaching of Levay to its most logical roots then perception would dictate that magik was a old wise tale and it was nothing more then ones idea that it really wasen't supernatural and mearly just ones perception that it was......then he gos on later in the book and says to practice magik which makes no sense, but there's more then one contradiction in the Satanic bible, but yes i have knowledge of Laveys teachings along with Crowleys as well.

As far as the other forum of Satanism I.E the cults or tribes that practice human sacrifice and yes i know that the word Satanism isn't technically considered Satanism in that forum that's Laveys trademark but the word Satanism has been around before Lavey was even born so who's to say that the perception that people had of the word Satanism isn't correct and that Lavey is wrong????......who made him god, oh that's right himself, but back to the cults and tribes that preached and practiced sacrifice, well you wanted me to give you names or events that constitutes sacrifice....all you gotta do is google the topic and there will be more then one event were people killed people in the name of a deity start with the name Jim Jones and then work your way to Charles Manson and tribes that did it, there was again more then one, watch the movie by the great Mel Gibson (I'm only half joking there ) Apocalypto and you will see that this type of worship gos back long before Lavey was around.

But like i said i feel boths forums of Satanism are wrong both the devil/deity/idol worshipping kind and again that might not technically be what Lavey means by the exact wording but i must again point out that the word was around long before Lavey and whos to say that other peoples perception about it wasen't right, but like i said if you practice Lavey Satanism you end up with a god like complex that you can do no wrong and that like i said translates to either a egomaniac or a sociopath, and again i'm just adding my two cents you can leave it if you want it's just my opinion, i'm not god or anything are you????......that's right you are lol.

Now take the time to unnecessarily tell me and the people you have a life and don't spend your entire time on the computer....again think your better then some people with that comment?.....exactly.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by King Seesar]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by meshuggah11

That proves its a cult.....if you think that anyone not into it is otherwise in a state of mind control and only satanists are free!

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by meshuggah11

That proves its a cult.....if you think that anyone not into it is otherwise in a state of mind control and only satanists are free!

it`s a mere speculation on your part. my post contained nothing to that effect. rather i expressed my liking of their philosophy. it doesnt exclude the t fact that anyone can be free outside of this cult if you will. i am not in this Church, but still am open minded to give credit where it`s due.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
A true person that enjoys another's pain needs no excuse of Holy Divine, or UnSanctified.

They could care less, and seldom check the faith of their victims to determine them viable for suffering or not.

They just hurt them, to set back and enjoy the faces the person receiving the infliction makes.

This is a waste of time. However, if you desire such courses of action, I'd study Chants of Shakras following known Shamans. As, this is 'proven' the best course of action...

Decide later, and be sure and decree me an idiot, because simply put, I could care less of your opinioon...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
god is not delivering, lets worship someone else...satan!!

people cant get any more ignorant with religion.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Satanic panic? SRA never existed? en.wikipedia.org... how's this for concrete evidence? there are PLENTY of cases similar to this one. I'd like someone to explain to these 18(at least) women that SRA doesnt exist and that at least some practicing Satanists arent evil and dont kill in the name of Satan. the death they have suffered must be all in their heads. just because all Satanists dont act in this manner doesnt mean it doesnt happen on some level. to further the point, these cats were into LaVey's version and not the more sinister, hands on sects like Aquino's Temple of Set. just goes to prove that everyone's interpretations arent always the same. Satanism is no different than any other religious belief in that regard. just like Catholics or Baptists, you have to take the good with the bad I'm afraid.

posted on Oct, 31 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by slimmerpickens
Satanic panic? SRA never existed? en.wikipedia.org... how's this for concrete evidence? there are PLENTY of cases similar to this one. I'd like someone to explain to these 18(at least) women that SRA doesnt exist. . .

Several times that many get killed by lightning each year in the United States. SRA is not a serious concern, it's incredibly infrequent and the actual harm to society or risk to any individual is negligible. You're more justified in worrying about almost anything else. The fact that this thread exists with the words "astonishing scale" in the title is a testament to the "Satanic panic." The truth is that satanism belongs at the bottom of any list of dangerous things, and people who seriously worry about it should really find something better to do. Do you know how likely it is that you will get cancer or have a heart attack? There are real dangers in this world, and SRA is not one of them.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Thats a more in depth and concrete look at the society/religion hated by the majority of the world. Personally speaking, I feel Satanic societies are like saints compared to the NWO or others we know of to be operating in this world. The Military Black ops, or Power Elite of this planet are more than defying what evil is, if they operate at what is believed to be true. Although I'm no expert on black ops, I feel in my heart to be true to some degree, that mankinds deception started in very early times of mankind, and the lies are so compiled up, the truth behind mankinds true origins might be chilling, to say the least. Thats my opinion but I dont claim Im 100% right so I really dont need a smart ass to tell me the "real story" few people seem to like to be like that on forums so Im all set dont waste everyones time...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It seems to be really noticeable in the EU
alexjibb.tumblr.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Lol, im writing a book which centers much arounds satanism. it is about if someone had the power to actually spread anything they wanted into the minds of every person on the planet, satanism is one of the things they could spread.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by robotamadeus

I wouldn't hate some one because they're a satanist but cases like this (which are a very small minority) are sick and what the FBI should be concerned about en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 27-2-2011 by Jibby because: (no reason given)

not just about satanism in general.
edit on 27-2-2011 by Jibby because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Defensor Saturnus

Lucfer

When we consider the three major texts of the three major religions, (The Bible, the Koran and the Vedas) we find that they are all blood sacrifice religions, with centuries' long bloody histories of inhumane atrocities, holy wars, and human slavery committed in the names of their war gods.

Human and animal sacrifice was common throughout the ancient world, and the names and the definitions of the deities to whom sacrifices were offered are too numerous to speak of here, many being the anthropomorphisations (the projection of human qualities onto inanimate objects or deities) of the Sun, the Moon, various planets and the deifications of various human archetypes.

Satan, on the other hand seems to be an anthropomorphisation of a deity who is the fabricated discarnate enemy of the Biblical deity and who was unknown in the ancient world, and who is an invention by the Christians of a "useful enemy;" a scapegoat upon whom they can blame all moral and natural evil, and thus deflect the attention from the evil of their psychopathic, genocidal, primitive Bronze Age tribal deity and his sycophantic followers.

Surveys suggest that around 20 to 25% of all persons suffering from serious forms of schizophrenia have been reported to be suffering from "religious schizophrenia," and display common symptoms such as alleging that they are in direct communication with God, the gods, with daemons, angels, and various phantoms.

Abraham, Jesus, Moses and Mohammad are all clearly depicted in texts which show them to be classic religious schizophrenics. In the modern world, a person such as Abraham who heard voices from a deity, telling him to sacrifice his son, would probably not be considered to be a normal criminal, but to be a religious schizophrenic, and would probably be confined to psychiatric institution for his own safety and for the safety of others.

Even in the 21st century, 40% of US Christians are reportedly waiting for the return of a primitive and fictional first century Israelite who claimed that he had discovered a miraculous cure for leprosy and blindness, and that he could raise the dead, and cure mental and physical illnesses by "casting out demons;" he also claimed that his followers would have similar powers, including the power to cast mountains into the sea, simply using the scientific method of praying in his name. These fantastical claims have given rise to the multi-billion dollar Jesus business where charlatan evangelists make similar claims and prey on the disabled, the sick and the vulnerable.

Further, the Christians who wait upon their Second Coming are waiting upon a dictator who will initiate global war and the genocide of most of the earth's population, apart from all true believers of course; this is really a kind of prophecy which was invoked by the Third Reich and by Adolf Hitler, who just like the US Neofascist Christian political Right, were anti-Jewish, anti-Communist, homophobic, anti-feminist and genocidal.

The published diary of Hitler's medical doctor shows him to be syphillitic junkie, and of course syphillis, which was common in the ancient world, can lead to neuro-syphillis which is a neuro-degenerative disease which literally destroys the brain; though of course many such creatures in the ancient world may have been considered "prophets," due to their endless insane ramblings in an overly superstitious world.

Since there are so many people suffering from the effects of religious schizophrenia, it is unsurpising when they commit atrocities against other human beings, and then claim "God made me do it," or "Satan made me do it," thus alleging that they were not personally responsible, and that they had no power over their own will, and that the cause of the crime was some phantom in their mind.

Philosophical Satanists on the other hand, tend to be persons who have simply analysed the Biblical deity and concluded that he is a definition of the enemy of humankind, and who mostly share the same judgement that Richard Dawkins does, that the tribal deity of the Bible is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. (The God Delusion)"

To take an adversarial (Heb, Satan: adversary) position against the adherents of such a psychopathic inhumane deity, is entirely in accordance with human nature and usually indicates that the "Satanists (adversarialists)" are suffering from being lovers of humankind, of human nature and that they are essentialy ethical creatures who seek the salvation of humankind from the memetic disease of religion.

Lux
Advocatus diaboli

edit on 27-2-2011 by Lucifer777 because: mis-spelling-itis, and the text was not not diabolical and sacreligious enough.

edit on 27-2-2011 by Lucifer777 because: "Diabolus fecit, ut id facerem (The Devil made me do it)"

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Satan worshippers have such a bad reputation because . . .well, they worship Satan.

Satan means Adversary. You can talk all you want about how you are really just humanists, or that Satanism is about the advancement of man through the destruction of the Id or what have you.

But you worship a creature that is against creation, which means it is against you too. He isn't an adversary. He's THE Adversary. So to come here and say Satanists have a bad reputation isn't our fault. Hire a better PR guy the next time you start a religion. At least Lucifer means "Light Bringer," maybe you should have went with that name instead.

Oh yeah, doesn't have ths same shock value, does it?

Anyways, children are killed for rituals, just not by the people you think would do it.
edit on 1-3-2011 by DeadRabbit because: grammar

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join