It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haiti overload

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Hello folks,

Is it just me or did anyone else feel like they were getting "Haiti Overload" yesterday? 8 out of every 10 TV show last night was that dang concert for Haiti show. We never did that for any other disaster to that degree before. I kind of remember something for New Orleans, but not a week after and on every media outlet possible. Already we pledged a hundred million, sent half our hospital force, a good portion of our military there, and a zillion cell phone pledges. Now a telethon pushed in our faces from the left! A bit much I say.

When is the left going to have one for my town. We need help, and jobs.

I don't like being pushed. How about you?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by phineasJwhoopie

I see your point! What gets me is, we have done these things in an effort to help, only as usual to be criticized and accused of having sinister reasons for being there. I also agree that more could be done for those suffering right here in our own country. As an American, I am proud that we are helping... we always do...I wonder though...should the tables be turned, would other countries have a telethon for us....

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
There is BIG money in gathering relief funds. Groups all around the world are getting a cut of all the money being donated. It sounds really bad, but people are taking advantage of the suffering in Haiti to get a cut of the donations.

I can see your Haiti overload.

I have 'donate to Haiti' overload.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
here is a secret you will not find on any media. on the night of the 11th and the morning of the 12th. There was a massive power outage in the southern regions of Alabama Stemming from Mobile to as far as the city of Ozark where I live 10 miles from in Skipperville Alabama, while we didn't experience any notable unusual activities involving power surges; there was an abundance of anomalies recorded on the DVR there was an episode cut down to an 8th of the hour it was supposed to be, and there was also static on the Star Trek episodes that were recorded the night before, and all of this happening only within 12 hours of the time till the quakes hit the island at 5:00 A.M. Wednesday morning.

for anyone who says that there was ice in Alabama that morning let me tell you now, i know because i live here, it was approxametly 45 and riseing that morning and by noon it was almost 60 i know the ice was thick earlyer on in the month but truthfully the night before it wasent even cold enough to make ice.

If i had to put some chips down it'd be on HAARP because the way this is all to coincedental it's just got thay 75-80% chance in the back of my mind. I don't get my attitude from mischivous "meddling" X-navy politicians, i get it because you become this way when you've been should i say inlightened.

Originally posted by wiredamerican
There is BIG money in gathering relief funds. Groups all around the world are getting a cut of all the money being donated. It sounds really bad, but people are taking advantage of the suffering in Haiti to get a cut of the donations.

I can see your Haiti overload.

I have 'donate to Haiti' overload.

exactly

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Samson Bessus]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
[edit on 23-1-2010 by Samson Bessus]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I think other countries did send help to USA at time of Katrina disaster, please check it.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samson Bessus
here is a secret you will not find on any media. on the night of the 11th and the morning of the 12th. There was a massive power outage in the southern regions of Alabama Stemming from Mobile to as far as the city of Ozark where I live 10 miles from in Skipperville Alabama, while we didn't experience any notable unusual activities involving power surges; there was an abundance of anomalies recorded on the DVR there was an episode cut down to an 8th of the hour it was supposed to be, and there was also static on the Star Trek episodes that were recorded the night before, and all of this happening only within 12 hours of the time till the quakes hit the island at 5:00 A.M. Wednesday morning.

for anyone who says that there was ice in Alabama that morning let me tell you now, i know because i live here, it was approxametly 45 and riseing that morning and by noon it was almost 60 i know the ice was thick earlyer on in the month but truthfully the night before it wasent even cold enough to make ice.

If i had to put some chips down it'd be on HAARP because the way this is all to coincedental it's just got thay 75-80% chance in the back of my mind. I don't get my attitude from mischivous "meddling" X-navy politicians, i get it because you become this way when you've been should i say inlightened.

Now that's interesting, first i've heard of this power outage. Do you happen to live by any weird facilities or known HAARP stations? I don't know anything about Alabama.

I've definently had my fill of Haiti, or at least the whole "Donate to Haiti" crap. It's everywhere. I'm tight on money as is without having to give it out to strangers. Strangers who HOPEFULLY give it to the correct source.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
the coverage doesn't bother me but there does seem to be more than usual for these types of events. it does make you wonder why.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Not that I don't have compassion for this tragedy, but I am "OVERLOADED"

We have given over 1.5 billion of our tax dollars to them since 1990, that is not even taking into account the charities.

38,000 American Taxpayers yearly "Contribution"
to the Feds will go there from this years budget alone.

Nice National Palace they had

Pray for them, Get them OFF every channel.

Let's have the Entertainment Industry have benefits for us

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Dang I got to start reading the post titles.I thought you was speaking of the Haiti"OVERLORD" like the guys who really controls the economy and all the money and jobs in Haiti.

Friends of Bill Clinton and George Soros.

Yes the entertainment business can sure jump on the disaster bandwagon when it benefits them.

I call them the aught oh squad.Always show up after a disaster not doing a dang thing but acting benevolent.

And getting in their Limos and leaving in their private jets.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I have a solution!. So we do not get Haiti Overload again....

That is if we spread the word that they should earthquake proof their buildings.

A Company that can help them out is " Simpson Strong Tie " look it up, they sell metal straps to prevent earthquake damage of Haiti proportions.

Mud and brick NO.

Wood and metal strap ,, yes.

I know they are poor, but all this relief money is going toward education of future building codes and materials right??? Right?????

Building codes would be the natural next step in Haiti.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
...I wonder though...should the tables be turned, would other countries have a telethon for us....

Probably the same as in every disaster, the ones who really need it won't get it. And I didn't experience any overload, I just don't watch that much tv or listen that much to radio, both are imo crap overload

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I never felt the overload. Maybe because, I don't watch TV. As you know, the popular thing will always be on TV sets. After the fad is over, it's time to move on to the next one.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

definitely. if anything at all positive can come out of this ... it's that maybe they'll rebuild with suitable building codes. if not the peoples stand-alone homes who often just have to build with whatever they can afford ... then at least the city, public and commercial buildings with steel reinforcement in their concrete buildings.

i'd guess that this idea might meet with resistance with a lot of developers etc due to affordability ... it would be a real shame and waste though if they didn't.

new topics

top topics

join