It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Saber-Toothed Cat Carcus in AZ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Found this this morning while checking link to another post, didn't see it in quick search. Found it interesting, however, I have no knowledge of this source, so if this turns out to be a "Weekly World News" type rag, please forgive my ignorance.

"Demon Cat" body found

Found it specially interesting regarding "possible wings". May turn out to be just a wild cat with particularly large canines, dunno.

Enjoy!

CDS

ETA: Another source

also - I may have needed to search under chupacabras. Whoops. Sorry if duplicate post.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Cole DeSteele]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Domestic cat skulls:

To add:

Looks like a kitty cat to me.

[edit on 1/23/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The only reason the teeth look larger than normal is due to dessication pulling it's lips back from it's teeth.

It looks like something or someone maybe messed with the animal's corpse after it died, s'bout it.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yep just an ordinary (if some what unordinary domestic cat). I own 9 cats currently, and those teeth as the others have mentioned are absolutely normal. Now if the teeth carried on well past the jaw line like these, then yes that would be unusual.

The extra toe is from Feline polydactylism which cats can be born with quite easily.

And as for the 'wings' some cats have been known to have such apendages but often id assume its like other animals that suffer from birth defects where a conjoined twin is blended into their body, like cows with extra limbs sticking out of there chests... and oddly enough the back near shoulder blades. the twin isnt separate enough to be an individual but its make up becomes part of the other... i think, I dont know the process but I know it happens fairly regularly.

Poor thing was more than likely a member of a rather inbreed cat colony.

hehe I love to sit and lift up my cats lips when there in deep sleep, only time you can get a real good look at em, felines sure have some damn impressive cutlery
**rubs his bite marks**

Edit:- its mind boggling but how on earth are there people who dont know cats have fangs?... I mean they say the incisor have elongated into fangs... so just how small do they think cats incisors are to begin with?.. from that pic the incisors (ie the front teeth) are perfectly normal... which makes me think they got the canines (which are fang like) mixed up with incisors. If they can mix up something as simple terms like canine and incisors , well i don't know... are people really that ignorant?.. ill refrain from saying stupid.

Edit2:- Also thought id mention that cats have no collar bones as such the shoulder blade and arms structure are free floating (one of our cats as a kitten could actually reverse her arms vertically by accident due to poor muscle strength in that region, scary finding your kitten with its arm flipped over its back
), that extra long front arms they mention is due to the fact the skin (and cats have very loose skin) has allowed the corpses free floating arms to fall beyond their natural position on the torso, shrinkage of the chest cavity hasnt helped either.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
With all of the recent mutations of animals this is rather unastonishing, I would have to say. It is a good find though. Thank you!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

Just so you know, there are cats still in AZ that are of a large size. Jaguar's have been native to AZ for a very long time and only recently were killed out. The last proven indigenous jaguar to Arizona died in the 1970's. From what I understand, they're currently making a come back.

Government Site regarding Jaguar Management

Jaguar's have rather large teeth, no need to assume it's a prehistoric creature when we've got jungle cat's roaming around. Really makes you think twice about going out late at night eh?

new topics

top topics

join