It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Human Species Have Become A Virus *Graphic Images*

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth
We can use electricty without destroying the planet. Solar power, wind, even water. Two trash can sized vertical windmills can fuel a modern day computer and a couple lamps.
[edit on 1/23/10 by ohsnaptruth]

Solar absorbs energy that would have nourished the soil. Also, semiconductor fab requires toxic chemicals. Wind power absorbs energy from the wind, affecting weather patterns, and kills birds. Absorbing energy from water kills fish and adversely affects downstream habitats. All of these technologies involve mining, plastic manufacture, toxic waste disposal, and infrastructure development which further impacts the environment.

Face it: Your lifestyle harms the Earth.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Old news (and their points) are old. In this case- several hundred years old.

Why do I bother? I know you people love google- it's your bread and butter. God forbid you had to do any real work learning things, you know, in a school.

While I do appreciate you're trying to bring up a topic which is centuries old in origin to the 'masses', really, it's just tired at this point.

No, I won't tutor you- use your googles better next time. Or as you guys says these days "lrn2google"

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I agree that those images are horrible and unfortunately all too true of what the human species has become not only capable of, but desensitised to well.

While I never like to stereotype a whole category of... any species or the like because there are always exceptions, I am becoming more and more of the opinion that in general, human being are basically selfish, and if any other person, animal, plant or other living organism goes by the wayside in the process of gratifying any particular need, needs or wants of the human being.. then so be it and it is this sort of mind set that IMO is at or close to the root of the problem....

sadly so....

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am no tree-hugger, I support hunting (though I don't hunt), etc. Man is not a virus, but a cancer. It is just our nature to rape and destroy ourselves and others. In short...we won't be around for all that long and the Earth will survive and repopulate itself. Sure...maybe some species will be gone (along with us) but life will go on.

What can we do about it? Nothing! Nothing at all. Why? We don't care. It may be important enough to type a few words into a computer from our puffy chairs while the TV runs in the background...but that is about it.

Face the fact guys...we are mean, nasty and evil. So now what? Well...embrace the evil that we are. Have fun while it lasts, eat too much, smoke, etc., etc. That or exit this place a little earlier than the rest of us. In the end...we don't even care about our own existence.

Have a nice day

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ohsnaptruth

If you eat only when you are "truly" hungry, in the right amount, or drink a little bit, when you are thirsty, you don't even have to go to the bathroom at all.
It will use every bit of food or liquid that you put in. And if you keep doing it, the body might eventually evolve to where it will stop these "unclean activities" altogether.

That said, according to calorie restriction, mice die earlier if you restrict your calories to less than 50%(presumably of your daily recommended amount), so I don't recommend it.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I agree with your sentiments, but we can make a difference! A simple old Yourshire saying somes it up. 'Waste nowt, want nowt'

That means don't throw away something of use, and you won't have need of it again.

A major problem in toodays sociecty is everything goes to waste just about, that could still be usefull, big problem right there I reckon!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

We won't be colonizing another planet any time soon, therefore studying them or sending shuttles, in hope of occupying them is just a waste of time and money, money that could be much better spent in mitigating the conditions of our planet. Plus, who is going to guarantee to be the guinea pigs? Many people will die surely, before we'll have a chance to adapt to the new conditions of the new planet.

And yes, species being extinct or evolving is natural. However, it takes million of years for new species to appear(and that's assuming that micro-evolution is true.) Basically, you get a species extinct, then you lose an entire food source, without new species appearing to replace them.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Guidance.Is.Internal

As long as the fishes don't go extinct, then it's a worthwhile trade-off. We just can't worry about every little thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
It is very tragic what we have become, so detached from the world and just the butchers and murderers of life for our own personal gain.

Depressed now thanks.

welcome to my world. I been living with this knowledge for over 20 years.....but man cannot continue to do what being done to this planet and other living creatures. Eventually all of what man has done will come back to haunt I just hope those responsible in the present will be around for when the eco system collapses.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steve2
As soon as we can colonise other planets we'll be all right and we can do whatever we want, there will be no need to threat.

I agree somewhat. See my other post.

The problem is the definition of "we".

I have no confidence that the collective "we" will be allowed anywhere near space. Space will only open up to us physically metaphorically and technologically when the elites are 100% sure of their 100% control. Only the survivors of the cull (who will still be slaves of the elite) will be allowed into space. The great future we were promised by science fiction writers after Apollo is being deliberately delayed and stalled until that total control is in place. Anyone who believes that space technology has not developed further than the Apollo program in 40 years must surely believe iPhones are witchcraft and magic. So many technologies have advanced beyond imagination in the last hundred years but transportation hasn't? I don't believe it for a minute.

Before we can colonise another planetary body the elites will inevitably have 'monetised' Luna, Mars, Venus, and The Asteroid Belt. Only when these have been monteised can they be owned and ownership is what the elites are all about.

Sorry Steve that wasn't a rant at you but rather the subject of reaching beyond Earth. It's something that is taking up a lot of the real estate in my head at the moment.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by spookfish]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
reply to post by Monts

I know I was thinking the same. Our actions are so destructive which overwhelm any good deeds.

It's funny that you have a picture of two children after deer hunting. . . perhaps you do not understand the ideas behind conservation. . . have you any ideas about over population?

I'm not saying your completely wrong, infact i tend to agree with alot of what was said, however their are reasons to harvest animals especially animals such as deer that have a nasty habit of over population.

In cases like that its harvest them or let them die naturally of starvation or disease caused by over population

thanks for putting alot of effort into your thread S & F from me

[edit on 23-1-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

If you accept the concept of Gaia, that the Earth can be thought of as a single, massive life form, then what may happen to us won't be as much of a surprise, When one organisim is attacked by anouther, from the cellular level on up, it mounts a defense. If the Earth is self aware, one response may be for it to throw up, so to sspeak.

If not self aware, it may be human activity that will cause the environment to crash. We not only are killing the planet, in doing so were killing our self.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
You are free to believe what you wish but if I truly believed as you do, I would kill myself. How do you live with yourself?

It would just be equivalent to pissing in the ocean. Even if every person who believed the human race is a virus it wouldn't reduce the population enough, and all that would be left are the people that live in blissful ignorance of their species destructive habits. Obviously the only useful idea here is to amass and animal army and kill the humans. Or become a necromancer and raise all of the extinct animals to ravage the human empires!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I will grant that man is responsible for some extictions. But not all that you list. Please limit your lists to those that are proven to be caused by man. Then we can discuss this matter.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by highlyoriginal

Wow you people are out on a vengeance aren’t you? Seriously mankind is not stronger than nature. Humans will be wiped out don’t worry you’ll get your wish only you will not be here to enjoy when that time comes. Earth will completely wipe out any evidence that man was once here given the time.

Animal species will come and go nature makes sure of that as well. I am not saying I am happy to see animals tortured or slaughtered for joy but I am not against eating them as food. Waste? What are you going to do? We have people in the U.S. starving just like in other countries. Yet you also have those with money that do cause a lot of waste. How much waste you think is left over after the parties at the White House? How about all those politicians that claim to be for the planet how much do you think they waste? What about eateries around the world that make food prior to even being ordered?
The industry creates far more waste than your average person.

What about movies and music? I bet you both enjoy that right? How much pollution and waste do you think goes on just from those industries alone? What about the sports industry? How much of the planet could be saved by removing movies, music, and sports from our lives?

You’re going after normal people who work hard for their money to feed their families in an economy that struggles (worldwide). Yet I see no mention of the big movers here. The facts are just going to the movies and supporting that film is doing more as far as harming the earth than my just sitting at home or going to work. Look at the waste theaters produce, the amount of carbon from all the people driving there.

Yep we can all cut back. I live modestly though and do not waste. Any food I do not eat (which is very little) the dog gets.

The deer around here are over populated. They have plenty of places to live I drive through a national forest every day I go to work and can tell you the amount of deer out that way is dangerous. I see more than I can count on both hands nearly every day.

I see a lot of concern for animals and the planet but where is the concern for the children that are starving or abused? What about the guy that lives in your town that lives on the street or eats pet food or some other cheap garbage? What about all those starving in other countries? What about war?

The those who are doing the most damage (those who decide the laws, accept and hand out bribes, allow companies to not only rape the land but their workers as well, those who feed off of the common person, those decide when and where to wage war, those who decide to steal the land of the indignant and clear cut it, those who truly run the world) maybe 10% of the population are those you seek to get hold of. The rest can only live a life they are allowed to live through the means given to them.

I am not saying that there are not nut cases out there that torture animals, everyone knows they are there. But again someone else is writing the laws, those are the people who run the world. Those people who run the world hope to create more people like that because those people and those who are supper touchy feely about everything are those who will help in the depopulation.

As for only allowing one or two kids per family unit? Wow great to see there is freedom in your thought process. Might as well move to China or some other communist country if you want that. There is plenty of room on the planet for the people we have now. The problem is that humans like to for the most part congregate into one area. That is why we have large cities. And then we have places where no one lives for hundreds/thousands of miles.

Raist

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
reply to post by spookfish

We won't be colonizing another planet any time soon, therefore studying them or sending shuttles, in hope of occupying them is just a waste of time and money, money that could be much better spent in mitigating the conditions of our planet. Plus, who is going to guarantee to be the guinea pigs? Many people will die surely, before we'll have a chance to adapt to the new conditions of the new planet.

I think the level of advancement in transportation technology and self-sustaining settlements on other bodies is much greater than we have been allowed to believe. I can't see how it could be any other way. Look at what's happened to the phone and the personal computer in the last 40 years. You might argue that that innovation is down to competition, market forces and a consumer society. However, you could also argue that covert research organisations unfettered by the cut throat world of markets could with a singular vision do just as well. I'm just about to start reading a book on Tesla. You can be sure research has continued there. apparently we still have not 're-discovered' some of his technology.

I think we have plenty enough money, expertise and resources for self-sustaining colonies. If you chucked enough people at the problem it would happen.

And yes, species being extinct or evolving is natural. However, it takes million of years for new species to appear(and that's assuming that micro-evolution is true.) Basically, you get a species extinct, then you lose an entire food source, without new species appearing to replace them.

Yes you may lose an entire species but you are unlikely to reduce biomass. It certainly won't always be a direct food source, in fact the odds are against it. Isn't biomass going to remain fairly stable regardless and even slowly but inexorably rise over time. I can see the biodiversity angle, and that a broader range of organisms makes for a stronger healthier biosphere but I can also imagine arguments against that. You could say that less species means less diseases from the animal kingdom that you need to worry about. Or that management of a biosphere with less species makes it easier to be more efficient and more effective, what with economies of scale and all that.

Apparently there are not only new species being found, but new species are being created on much faster time scales that what is traditionally believed. I can't give you any proofs of that right now but if required I'll get back to it tomorrow. There was that thing with the whales splitting into new species the other week. I have also read something that says when one species is removed more insignificant species come out of the shadows and fill their shoes and go on to do greater things than they otherwise would have.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ok. We're a virus. great.

now.

sooooo.

what do you want us to do? whack ourselves?

You green freaks just don't get it. If (and when) the planet wants us gone...we WILL know it! we'll all be dead.

go eat some tofu and calm down. all is well.

Just remember, if food sources deplete to 0, vegans are next on the spit!
BARBEQUE VEGAN WITH A NICE CHIANTI!!!!

GOOD OLD CORN FED GREEN FREAKS! side order of cream gravy, biscuits, maybe some black-eyed peas! OOOOO! Collards too! Chocolate pie for desert!!!!

now thats what I'm talking about!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
As a Member of the Universe I am Allow to Participate
Even if I am a Virus
A Virus Has Rights Too!
A Planetary Vaccine to Eliminate the Human Virus would be a
Violation of my Virus Rights!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
99.9% of all species that have ever existed have gone extinct.

It is part of the natural cycle.

A never ending story of creation and destruction.

Mother nature has had to start over from scratch many times and she is tired of it.

We are nature and our actions are natural, how could they be anything else?

Natures current main goal is eluding the next inevitable mass extinction event and we, through technology, are her best hope.

You are free to believe what you wish but if I truly believed as you do, I would kill myself. How do you live with yourself?

I agree 100% with your assessment of the situation.

Great thinking there Deny Arrogance. Two thumbs up.

I am quoting this because I would like it repeated, as they are my words as well.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Just remember, if food sources deplete to 0, vegans are next on the spit!
BARBEQUE VEGAN WITH A NICE CHIANTI!!!!

GOOD OLD CORN FED GREEN FREAKS! side order of cream gravy, biscuits, maybe some black-eyed peas! OOOOO! Collards too! Chocolate pie for desert!!!!

This gives a whole new meaning to Soilent Green!

You are hilarious man, starred for making me laugh in the face of such a depressing subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join