It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Human Species Have Become A Virus *Graphic Images*

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
It's all because of action and behavior of human nature. The actions of humans as a whole have made them equal to a virus.

Humans kill animals. Humans have an impact on their environment.

Animals kill animals. Animals have an impact on their environment.

All organisms resemble viruses - reproducing, consuming, competing, struggling to survive. In fact, viruses are quite natural.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I think nature has a way of correcting herself. In essence, trying to save all life on the planet is a useless task because a mass extinction event is inevitable.

Earth is not going to last forever. Given enough time, the Sun will exhaust all of its energy and go supernova. So if we get right down to it, all of the "save the planet" crap is just a monumental waste of time and energy. It's almost like posting on this thread.

In fact, it's a rarity that anybody ever changes their mind on a subject and starts agreeing with you. The entire point of a debate is to just express differing opinions, while never actually solving anything.

We can even go deeper and start wondering why we even get up in the morning. Until we find a way out of it, death is inevitable. It's a fact of life (this doesn't include life after death or any kind of spirituality, etc.).

Everything we do is pointless, for the human race is merely a blink in the lifespan of the universe.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

There needs to be a change in culture/behavior (which is what you're saying) NOT the eradication of humans (which is what you're saying.)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Thanks for supporting the fact that I'm vegan and Buddhist. I wish people would recognize their faults instead of brag about it. Honestly if saving the forest means I have to wipe my butt with leaves instead of toilet paper so be it. I value my planet because she's all we've got.

Being a virus is a choice.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I know it is not about you and me. But you have turned it into all mankind is destroying, and evil. This is not true.

You turned it into an all mankind should be eradicated to save one species. That is such a far out idea it is hard to even understand why you would feel such hatred not only toward others but toward yourself.

Yes we have done nothing ourselves. True some of our actions do help to add to the pain the earth receives. But most of us do more good than we do bad when it comes to nature (not so with other humans but that is another thread). The thing is even though you may not take more than you need the company you buy from most likely is or is close to doing it, that includes the company you are getting your electricity from at this moment.
In the world we have built it is difficult for all of us to build our own windmills and use solar panels (which most common people cannot afford) due to the close proximity in which most of us live to one another. For this very reason many cannot grow/raise their own foods (as far as live stock goes) either.

What can we do?
Certainly not get upset and wish for all humans to die.

No we start to work on the companies and those in power. Give them the choice to either change or we as a people pull them from power and put another in their place. Sadly though you will deal with human nature at this point. This is why I never ask to be rich only debt free by the way. That human nature will corrupt most people that get that sort of power I would be willing to bet it would even take you with it. It might take longer than others but it would eventually happen. Most politicians start out wanting to do good but sadly they start doing favors for others and get us into the place we are now.

As for the squirrels and rabbits over populating. It is not because of predators being removed in most cases. The largest predator in the U.S. is the bear and the cougar. The bear is omnivorous and does not spend a great deal of time hunting. Cougars hunt rabbits for sure and other animals larger.

No rabbits take over so easily because they are not natural to the U.S. and other places. See the other parts of the U.S. were jack rabbits are and they stay under control pretty easily. Rabbits (the normal ones) have no real predators here in the U.S. other than hawks which while some get killed not as many as you would think. Squirrels are the same way (only they are natural here) but both are rodents. Rodents spend a large amount of time breeding and in large numbers. We have made the habitats perfect for rodents of all types to over populate just as we have allowed roaches and other man following beast to take a good solid root in our cities.

The problem with most over population is not due to the removal of predator it is due to the introduction of nonnative species that have no natural predators. But it is also something that nature itself has done at times but over a larger period of time.

In the end the Earth will heal itself and rid itself of anything that plagues it as it sees fit to do so. That is one of the main reasons mankind is so greatly affected by natural disaster. Earth is taking back what is decides it needs back at that point. Earth creates a balance of its own. We may not always see it but we certainly feel it. Nothing we do will totally destroy the earth is will outlive every human that rests on its surface. Now mankind might destroy itself unless the earth decides to do it for us first.

Raist

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You're radical dude, I like that. But I think you're underestimating mother nature. You don't have to find a way to eradicate the human race. If we, as a whole, continue to do what we do, mother nature WILL take care of us.

We as a species are not on top of the food chain. She is.

We may get all high and mighty about ourselves because there isn't a life form on the planet that we can't kill, we can make technological advances at the speed of light, but when was the last time you saw someone stop a tsunami? an earthquake? or even the wind from blowing? Correct me if I'm wrong, but we can clone a sheep and not even replicate water? It reminds me of a saying-
"so you've gone a million miles, how far did you get?

I for one don't do anything to harm the planet or animals. On the contrary, I keep my properties clean, I've planted a couple trees, I have a garden and I'm slowly working on my irrigation to help save the rainwater. I do my part.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guidance.Is.Internal

Originally posted by December_Rain
It's all because of action and behavior of human nature. The actions of humans as a whole have made them equal to a virus.

Humans kill animals. Humans have an impact on their environment.

Animals kill animals. Animals have an impact on their environment.

All organisms resemble viruses - reproducing, consuming, competing, struggling to survive. In fact, viruses are quite natural.

We abuse the privelage.
We kill when we don't have to.
We consume when we don't need to.
We compete for fun.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth
Thanks for supporting the fact that I'm vegan and Buddhist. I wish people would recognize their faults instead of brag about it. Honestly if saving the forest means I have to wipe my butt with leaves instead of toilet paper so be it. I value my planet because she's all we've got.

Being a virus is a choice.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...Be serious! Have you ever wiped your but with leaves? OK let's put this to an end! The human race is changing, Almost every tree cut down now another tree is replanted somewhere else! We are trying to convert from fossil fuels! Most Endangered animals are conserved in Parks and Zoos!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrno1

Let me ask you, Are you religious?

I do not know how is that relevant to the topic but the honest answer is I don't know:

I respect all religions but follow none of them. I have prayed in a Church, Mosque, Temple, Synagogue, Buddhist shrine etc. when I visited but I don't read religious text or pray to idols. I celebrate Christmas, Eid and Diwali. I visit my frens. who are Christians, Sikhs, Hindu and Muslims.

Does that answer your question?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohsnaptruth
We abuse the privelage.
We kill when we don't have to.
We consume when we don't need to.
We compete for fun.

Your position assumes that man's ideal state is mere survival. Would you be comfortable merely surviving? Kiss your internet, electricity, and running water goodbye if you really feel this way.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mrno1

Because some people, like the OP, are out there and trying to save the planet. That's why we're converting from fossil fuels and conserving wild animals from the forests and jungles we destroy.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Guidance.Is.Internal

We can use electricty without destroying the planet. Solar power, wind, even water. Two trash can sized vertical windmills can fuel a modern day computer and a couple lamps.

[edit on 1/23/10 by ohsnaptruth]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
As soon as we can colonise other planets we'll be all right and we can do whatever we want, there will be no need to threat.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

I know it is not about you and me. But you have turned it into all mankind is destroying, and evil. This is not true.

Every evidence of endangered species list prove it is true.

You turned it into an all mankind should be eradicated to save one species.

Not one but thousands.

What can we do? Certainly not get upset and wish for all humans to die.

We can stop this by or actions. Such as
* stopping people if they are torturing or abusing wildlife.
* enforcing stricter law (torture and abusive death of life should be treated as murder)
* by not wasting food and other items
* by controlling human population (one or two birth per couple)
* atleast planting a tree once a year

No we start to work on the companies and those in power. Give them the choice to either change or we as a people pull them from power and put another in their place. Sadly though you will deal with human nature at this point. This is why I never ask to be rich only debt free by the way. That human nature will corrupt most people that get that sort of power I would be willing to bet it would even take you with it. It might take longer than others but it would eventually happen. Most politicians start out wanting to do good but sadly they start doing favors for others and get us into the place we are now.

Agree with you 100% on this but alongwith that also look at individuals who torture and abuse animals. It's mostly common people and not in power who torture animals.

As for the squirrels and rabbits over populating. It is not because of predators being removed in most cases. The largest predator in the U.S. is the bear and the cougar. The bear is omnivorous and does not spend a great deal of time hunting. Cougars hunt rabbits for sure and other animals larger.

Who changed their habitat? Who transferred them from once place to different place. It's humans.

In the end the Earth will heal itself and rid itself of anything that plagues it as it sees fit to do so. That is one of the main reasons mankind is so greatly affected by natural disaster. Earth is taking back what is decides it needs back at that point. Earth creates a balance of its own. We may not always see it but we certainly feel it. Nothing we do will totally destroy the earth is will outlive every human that rests on its surface. Now mankind might destroy itself unless the earth decides to do it for us first.Raist

No Earth will not heal itself if this trend continue. People should take some responsibility for their actions.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Where did I say anything about not using any wood at all? I'm realistic here, I know we can't save every damn tree and animal, that would be impossible and very unrealistic (and stupid).

However, there needs to be a balance which has already being said. No we don't have to live to the point of just 'surviving' but we can limit ourselves, if not then man kind obviously has no will power left as a whole.

Oh and Raist, you comment on what I had to say about swamp logging... well I just did a quick search on google and this is what came up for swamp logging (check for yourself):

Term: Swamp (logging). Definition: To clear the ground of underbrush, fallen trees and other obstructions preparatory to constructing a logging road, ...

So I stand corrected as I previously thought it was all about cutting down trees. Now I understand that swamp loggers remove fallen trees and underbrush which is fine, oh wait except the point of it all is to help create & prep the constructing of a logging road. Which means more trees getting cut down once said road is complete. So how is this a good thing? I can understand that removing already fallen trees is okay, and I can also can comprehend that some trees must be removed for certain things, but are you seriously going to sit there and try to convince me, or anyone for that matter, that humans do not cut down too many trees? And like I said before, for every tree taken down one should be planted at least, which from what I know does not happen.

Yes there are programs out there which help replace trees, but the point is that natural environment that animals had originally are now gone, and they will either have to relocate and adjust to their new living arrangements or die. And a lot of the animals die, plain and simple.

Also, I've seen a great deal of this kind of stuff happen right in front of my eyes. The house I live in, which was built approx. 13 years ago, is part of a very large development which was all a wooded area before the development was made. Okay, people need houses, but now, after living where I do for 13 years I have seen the town grow so much there is barley any forests left. What does remain is a very tiny amount compared to what was here just a few years ago.

I have seen deer everywhere, not because overpopulation (which everyone is told) but because their homes/habitats have been removed (as I said forests are being completely removed for housing), and yet people still complain about all the deer. The deer that once had acres upon acres of land to live in now have pieces of the forests that were once full of life to try and survive in. I don't know off the top of my head, but I know there are a lot of car accidents from deer around here, in fact I think everyone in my area has almost hit one, or hit one, with their car. This is because they have no where to go, their homes are cut down and they are forced to move to another place, and while doing so they must cross through man made areas that tend to get them killed (you know the whole 'deers and headlights' thing right?
). So don't try and tell me things have not gotten out of hand, and haven't been for a while. I may be young, but I have been to a lot of places in my life, done a lot of research with my free time, and personally have seen the damage, literally right in front of my eyes, that human kind has done to nature.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
and then the humans say, why does god allow things like this to happen?

well we make this negative energy and it has to go somewhere, so all the negative energy released from the suffering of those animals would go into an earth quake or a tsunami somewhere... and the more negative energy we create, the more disasters...

and its so hard to change now... the only way to change and start over new is in the event of a huge disaster that affects every human being on earth

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by yadda333

I was very dissapointed with most of the replies in this thread until I read yours!

While I have to agree with you on the whole, your wrong about one thing, and that is we can make a difference, in most cases it may be a small difference yes, but added up that can make a big difference.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by surfer_soul]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
There's no need to kill ourselves. We just need to breed less. I have a theory that the reason that many babies in poor countries are born, let's just say, "not so cute" is because nature wants them to stop breeding. Unfortunately, since they're poor, they have to worry about survival, instead of to even have the common sense to know that if they can't take care of themselves, then they surely won't be able to take care of their kids.

In order to save the environment, the people from the First World(at least the ones who are well off or have the time to worry about things like these) have to help the Third World countries eliminate poverty. You can't expect people from these countries to care about the environment, when you keep colonizing them and rape them of their resources, and thus, forcing them to find whatever ways left to survive. Without time to reflect or even an Internet connection, they can't obtain that awareness for nature, or just overall common sense.

Now I have suggested ways to help, in the most humane and most "nature efficient" ways as possible(having less kids, adopting, building trees and "community schools/houses," etc) Too bad, no one will help me carry those suggestions.

That said, if we avoid meat altogether, then the animals will overbreed, so to me, we should eat SOME meat, and the rest filled in with fruits and vegetables. It just so happens that this diet, at least to my beliefs, is the best, health-wise and even "look-wise"(one might even say that fat people being not good-looking is nature's way of telling them to stop eating so much, by punishing them with proportionally bigger noses and lips. The extra calories have to be stored somewhere, after all.) At the very least, it will help you avoid skin problems.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I don't disagree but I have to say I would have preferred your post if there had been a clear warning I was about to see upsetting scenes.

For most of my life I have taken the same view about us as a species and had always believed that just like an infection in the body, the Earth would rally it's defenses against the cancer we had become and we would be wiped away with disease and catastrophe until the Earth was safe once more and could flourish again. However I have recently come to question this. I'm not saying I agree with the following statement but it is a conversation, an argument if you will, that has been raging in my head of late.

It seems to me that as a species we should attempt to be and act rationally. There is no sentimentality in nature. Most animals act rationally at all times. They only care about themselves and/or their group and most often what may appear as altruism at first glance is only concealed self-interest. Therefore, rational self-interest could be argued to be the agenda that we as animals of this Earth have a duty to pursue. Many species will die, but as far as we know that has always been the case. That has always been the natural order of things. That is nature. For us to act in anyway other than self-interest is an irrational strategy. Rather than saving 'the dead ends' of evolution from extinction we should be making every effort possible and using every resource necessary to spread our kind beyond our cradle to a second planetary body regardless of the consequences for other animals in just the non-sentimental way any other species would do if they were at the top of the food chain.

As I said this argument has been raging in my head of late and the only thing I can see that would be a valid reason not to act in such a way would be if you believed in a god. For then you might believe that your actions in life may be reflected in death. Be good, be excellent to each other for fear of the wrath of god.

Please can someone shoot this argument down for me as I would be a lot
happier if I could find a way past it. I fear this is the way the elites think and that they see themselves as a seperate species to the rest of us and that they are at the top of the food chain and we are the expendable 80%, the evolutionary dead ends.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by spookfish]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

I agree with you all the way. The only way we'll change is if there's a huge disaster or self actualization that'll affect every human being. Until then, I'll try to save every creature I can and wait.

There's good out there, though, if people know where to find it. We're a destructive force but most of us do it unintentionally. We don't mean to consume so much, it's just the way we're taught and we're afraid to change even though our current path will lead us to an unstable life, if it already hasn't (heat waves, little ice age, radical earth and weather patterns.)

And now I will quote from a Disney movie. Yes, I know. Bear with me!
"You think you own whatever land you land on. That the Earth is just a dead thing you can claim. But I know every rock and tree and creature. Has a life, has a spirit... has a name."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join