It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Human Species Have Become A Virus *Graphic Images*

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I agree that in recent times, humans should be more conservative regarding our global ecosystem. However, I do not lose any sleep over the matter. I have read many posts in this thread and I am surprised at the amount of what I can only interpret as guilt. When it comes to a topic such as this, I look at the much larger picture - the past & future.

Human Beings are frail, clumsy creatures with large heads and large brains(in proportion to the rest of our bodies). We are easily susceptible to wounds, cold or heat. Strip away all culture and technology and what you have is a bipedal person with no self defense mechanisms such as fur, hide, claws, fangs, ETC. Go wrestle with a lion in a loincloth and see how well you do. Or try swinging through the trees like some of our primate cousins.

The fact is we would not be here today in our current state if we had not exploited the natural world. City-States would not have formed, humans would still be living in tribes with stone tools and fire pits, and you would not be reading this.

If humans were to eradicate 90% of all life on this planet, including ourselves, given enough time(millions of years), the remaining 10% would repopulate the planet.

Of course, we could always get smashed by an extinction level meteor or incinerated by a gamma ray burst tomorrow, so in the grand scheme of things, it is pointless anyway.

(edited for a typo)

[edit on 25-1-2010 by My_Reality]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I haven't read all the posts on this thread ... all I can say is that it brings a tear to my eye to see how we have negatively impacted other life forms on this planet ... its just plain down disgusting and anyone who believes the contrary should be made extinct also!!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
i think its just disgusting that we can do this to animals !
just because we see them as less intelligent than us !

that is why humans are going to suffer and suffer hard!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
What if THIS is true?
www.think-aboutit.com...

According to some of your posters they have the RIGHT to because they would be at the top of the food chain? Agree or disagree?

[edit on 25-1-2010 by mishmallow8]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Interesting post. Just a couple of points.

1. Check the sources on your pictures. The one with the Rhino missing his horn is a fake. Posssibly others are as well.

2. Most of you animal rights wackos believe in evolution. Why don't the animals just evolve.

I am not saying that it is okay to treat animals cruelly, I do have a soft spot in my heart for them. But, if an animal has to die so a human can live, so be it.

As far as the pollution pictures, get real. You did not show the replanting of the removed forest, or mention that we are working dillagently to clean up our act. We clean up spills, and we are reducing emissions.

P.S. I thought the pic of the kids that had killed the deer was cute. Children need to be taught how to shoot, and hunt. This is how people survived for thousands of years. There is no assurance that we will not need the skill to hunt in the future the way that things are going.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

None of them are fake..do you have any proof or source to prove they are fake?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

I know for a fact that the one with the rhino is fake. A rhino can not live (for even a few moments) without his horn. The horns are removed by shooting and killing the animal and then removing it with a chainsaw.

Even if the animal was traquilized, the removing of the horn would almost instantly kill the animal because of the large amounts of veins and arteries in that are of the animal.

The only way that the horn may be removed without killing the animal is through expensive and very complex surgery. Even this can lead to serious problems for the animal according to www.rhinoresourcecenter.com.

In Zimbabwe they have performed many of these surgeries in order to try and reduce poaching. However, it has led to horrible infections and high casualty rates.

I tried to find a pic of a rhino shortly after the removal of their horn in surgery but was unsuccessful because of the limited number of times this operation has been conducted.

Your picture demonstrates a rhino that has been poached for its horn, but still survives. An imposibility

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

I am afraid your facts are wrong, removing horn doesn't always kill the animal instantly. It surely kills them I am not denying that, but not always instantly.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain
[more
I just said that. However, the people that remove them ALWAYS kill the animal before removing the horn. It is the only safe way for the poachers.

I also said that it can safely be removed.

It sounds like you need to check the website that I posted in my previous response

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by russ212

I found the source of the picture. The picture is original and not at all photoshoped.

January 2008: This female Indian Rhino suffered for 35 hours before she died. Her calf was murdered, and as she stood over her dead calf, she was shot twice and her horn was removed while she was still alive. This murder occurred in Kaziranga National Park, where sadly, poaching is on the rise.

source: www.savingrhinos.org...

Here's the BBC news article reporting this incident

Indian rhino loses fight for life

Before the anti-animal wackos tries to discredit on basis of their ignorance should research better and think it's cute to kill animals. perhaps first themselves shoot their family members for target practice.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

how do you know we are natural if we were natural we wouldnt be destroying our own planet your going to call toxic waste and extreme amounts of carbon dioxide we pump into the atmosphere natural? dude you might had a good point starting out but then you got ignorant

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

that comment about trillions of people and a huge city sickens me i would rather sit out on my porch and see woods birds and other animals and at night listen to the crickets and owls instead of hearing vehicles going here or there...when the mind and body needs to relax its not technology that does it its the bond with nature that truely helps the spirit!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I find it a little ironic that as I was reading this I was having lunch.
Fried venison.

Although, if they where not hunted they would over populate and instead of being my lunch they would starve to death.

Nothing wrong with hunting as long as you intend to use what you kill (not just hang it on the wall) and are careful not to over hunt a species into extinction.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I hunger for death of humans , those who don't respect Mother Nature.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
And who or what is better than a human? A dog, dirt, rock, bush, air, ect? None.

This land was made for you and me my friend. We have the greatest minds out of any other animal or any other part of nature. Crying over a few squashed bugs is lame.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
Interesting post. Just a couple of points.

1. Check the sources on your pictures. The one with the Rhino missing his horn is a fake. Posssibly others are as well.

2. Most of you animal rights wackos believe in evolution. Why don't the animals just evolve.

I am not saying that it is okay to treat animals cruelly, I do have a soft spot in my heart for them. But, if an animal has to die so a human can live, so be it.

As far as the pollution pictures, get real. You did not show the replanting of the removed forest, or mention that we are working dillagently to clean up our act. We clean up spills, and we are reducing emissions.

P.S. I thought the pic of the kids that had killed the deer was cute. Children need to be taught how to shoot, and hunt. This is how people survived for thousands of years. There is no assurance that we will not need the skill to hunt in the future the way that things are going.

Why don't animals just evolve? A biologist would laugh in your face if you said that to him/her. We are destroying the environment far too quickly for all animals to simply evolve to take it up the ass from our species. The bottom line is THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO EVOLVE, we have to stop what we're doing. We have no right to destroy the living environment like we do.

Read one of my previous replies about replanting forests. We are, in some ways, working to clean up our mess, but it's not NEARLY enough. Nowhere near enough. We're accelerating the negative impact we have on the environment every year. Pollution, environmental destruction, species extinction, habitat destruction, global warming, invasive species introduction, resource depletion, these things are all in terrible shape around the world. In the big picture we absolutely are not reversing our bad habits, in fact we're not even SLOWING DOWN the rate at which we destroy, we're speeding it up.

At some point we must make a choice, let the civilization continue to wreck the environment and all stick our heads in the sand and cling to consumer goods and luxuries for happiness, OR we can start throwing a monkey wrench in the industries and systems that destroy the environment, both literally and figuratively. Mainstream scientists are calling the current era the Earth's 6th Great Extinction Event (Holocene Extinction). The world has only seen 5 other such die-offs of species in its entire history, and guess who's causing the 6th and within just a few centuries/millenia? Tipping points will be reached, webs will collapse, and if the environment goes IT WONT BE PRETTY. We are not separate from or above the environment, no matter how much we like to pretend we are. If ecosystems collapse, it will affect our ability to eat, breathe, drink, and survive ultimately, and do you think anybody's gonna come save your ass? Do you think some corporation/government/religious messiah/utopian technology/alien race will save us? No, none of those will. We must save ourselves, the knowledge is already here on how to do it. Time to make a choice because change is a comin' whether we face it or not.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

You are wrong. You admit that we are the smartest ones in the planet , but no one knows that yet.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If you hunger so, lead the way McDuff.

Elsewise, your rhetoric is false. You merely resent resource sharing with the rest of us, and are trying to use guilt to make us give way to you.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
wow, I've had a thought like that for awhile, the way i think about it is a little different but very very similar.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
Well its time to start taking action and turn off that internet, get rid off all your modern conveniences, dig yourself a hole, and eat insects the rest of your life because that is he only way your are not going to be harming "nature".

You can show of all the nasty pictures of dead or dying animals, but i can also show you beavers felling trees for their own homes, lions killing jaguars just because they don't like them, chimpanzees beating each other to death in some sort of monkey gangbanging, army ants rampaging and eating everything in their path, leaf cutter ants destroying entire forests, blah blah blah.....nature happens.

Humans are a product of nature the just happen to have the power to shape our environment. If any other animal had that same power I could bet it would o just about the same thing to enhance and secure its own life.

Be glad you are at the top of the chain and stop trying to ruin it for everyone else because we all know you won't give up anything meaningful yourself to be "one with nature."

I agree completely.

"If I were reincarnated, I would wish to be returned to Earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels." -Prince Phillip quote

The masters of deceit wish to make the useless bottom-feeders obsolete. They wish to remove your weapons, drastically reduce the population to manageable levels, and control the world. This guilt trip that some people are on is playing right into their hands. We must believe in ourselves, and know that we are better than this. Sure, bad things happen, and some people are greedy, stupid, arrogant, and they waste resources. This does not mean that we should generalize the entire species into a category of "virus" and join Greenpeace or PETA!

To the originator of this topic, and all those who support the genocide of the human race, I say to you - Snap out of it! Go out and get some experience in the world. Turn off your computer, go for a walk, watch some children at play. Reassess your thoughts and restructure your perceptions. To better this world, all that needs to be done is to improve the SELF; start with self improvement and work from there.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join