It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Human Species Have Become A Virus *Graphic Images*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Why Human species is equivalent to a Virus

A virus (in Latin, virus means toxin or poison) is a small infectious agent that can only replicate inside the cells of another organism.

Similarly, Humans replicate inside Eco-system which further add to the poisoning of everything around us.

A large number of animals and plants have become extinct since humans evolved with the number especially high in modern times. In fact the number of animals becoming extinct due to natural causes is significantly less as compared to those that have become extinct due to human activities. The list of extinct organisms includes not only animals but also birds as well as various plants and trees. The causes of extinction may be destruction of natural habitat and hunting; it is widely believed that over-hunting has been one of the major causes of extinction of animals.

Over the past couple decades animals have been dieing out more, and more. Mostly due to the fact of humans cutting down, polluting, or hurting their environment. There are many ways to help. Such as your nearest recycling plant. Make sure you recycle to reduce to use of paper plastic and glass. You can look up ways to help on national geographic or on the web.

Agreed, there are many Humans who try to stop the destruction i.e, poisoning of environment but the ill-effects of Human species overwhelm this good effect by approx. 10,000 times. What do Human's do when faced with life threatening virus, they try to eradicate it. Similarly, either Human's or Environment should find ways to eradicate the Human species.

I know I will get a lot of flak for saying this because it's human nature of self-defense mechanism. But if you think logically, if you step aside from your emotional bonding of attachment and selfishness, would you save 1 rotten apple at the cost of whole basket of apples? No you will not hesitate to remove 1 bad apple to save the whole basket of apples. The basket here is the environment/ eco-system. Other apples are different species of plants and animals.

=================================================

List of Extinct Species Due To Humans - Last 100 Years

Arabian Ostrich
Atitlan Grebe
Bali Tiger
Barbary Lion
Bubal Hartebeest
Bushwren
Canarian Black Oystercatcher
Cape Verde Giant Skink
Caribbean Monk Seal
Carolina Parakeet
Caspian Tiger
Caucasian Wisent
Colombian Grebe
Crescent Nail-tail Wallaby
Golden Toad
Grand Cayman Thrush
Guam Flying Fox
Hawai'i 'O'o
Heath Hen
Japanese Sea Lion
Javan Tiger
Kaua'i 'O'o
Laughing Owl
Laysan Rail
Little Swan Island Hutia
Palestinian Painted Frog
Paradise Parrot
Passenger Pigeon
Pyrenean Ibex
Roque Chico de Salmor Giant Lizard
Round Island Burrowing Boa
Ryukyu Wood-pigeon
Santo Stefano Lizard
Schomburgk's Deer
South Island Piopio
Tasmanian Wolf
Thicktail Chub
Toolache Wallaby
Western Black Rhinoceros
Wake Island Rail

SOURCE

This is only a small list of last 100 years, if you would like to see the entire list in detail please visit this link:

* List of extinct birds

* List of extinct mammals

List of Extinct Animals:

* List of extinct animals of Africa 15820 extinct animals excluding mollusks

* List of extinct animals of Europe 67 extinct animals excluding mollusks

* # List of extinct animals of North America

* List of extinct animals of South America

* # List of extinct animals of Asia 89 extinct animals excluding mollusks

* List of extinct animals of Australia 61 extinct animals excluding mollusks

List of Endangered Species due to Humans

ANIMALS

* Amphibians
o Cape Platanna
o Chinese Giant Salamander
o Desert Slender Salamander
o Houston Toad
o Japanese Giant Salamander
o Mallorcan Midwife Toad
o Santa Cruz Long-Toed Salamander
o Southern Gastric Brooding Frog
o Texas Blind Salamander
o Wyoming Toad

* Birds
o Andean Condor
o Bald Eagle
o Black Winged Stilt
o Black Palm Cockatoo
o Greater Flamingo
o Great Indian Hornbill
o Helmeted Curassow
o Ostrich
o Red Crown Crane
o Snowy Owl

* Fish
o Atlantic Salmon
o Chinook Salmon
o Coho Salmon
o Cutthroat Trout
o Gulf Sturgeon
o Sockeye Salmon

* Insects
o Belkin's Dune Tabanid Fly
o Corsican Swallowtail
o False Ringlet Butterfly
o Homerus Swallowtail
o Luzon Peacock

* Mammals
o Arabian Oryx
o Asian Elephant
o Bisons
o Black Rhino
o Cheetah
o Giant Panda
o Gray Wolf
o Grevy Zebra
o Grizzly Bear
o Humpback Whale
o Malayan Tapir
o Manatee
o Okapi
o Polar Bear
o Red Panda
o Tiger

* Reptiles
o Green Turtle
o Hawksbill Turtle
o Kemp's Ridley Turtle
o Leatherback Turtle
o Loggerhead Turtle
o Olive Ridley Turtle

PLANTS

* Marsupella profunda
* Ochyraea tatrensis
* Sphaeropteris crinita
* Spruceanthus theobromae

SOURCE

The Combined List of Endangered Plants and Animals in Detail runs in Thousands.

Human Species Impact on Environment/ Eco-System

Human Species Impact on Animals

A Message to ATS (Devil's Advocate): There is a chance to save Human Species from being a complete Virus

* Please Plant a tree

and Last but not Least

End.

[edit on 1/23/10 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Unfortunately, in large part, we are a virus by definition; not by our biology, but by our actions. This reminds me of the matrix:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It is very tragic what we have become, so detached from the world and just the butchers and murderers of life for our own personal gain.

Depressed now thanks.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

I know I was thinking the same. Our actions are so destructive which overwhelm any good deeds.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I know how you feel and I apologies if this thread has made you depressed, but this is the reality and sooner or later we have to face it and correct it before it becomes too late. If each and every person plant even 1 single tree in a year and stop animal abuse and torture we can correct this situation. If not then we deserve extinction.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

It's ok, I am very aware of the Holocene extinction which man has brought about. It disturbs people I tell because they are so naive when it comes to what is really happening to the planet.

But they catch on quick and when you talk about how the Sushi trend now threatens the very existence of every fish you eat due to extreme demand, hopefully people will stop eating sushi, and start making changes.

We need to be depressed to take action that can help rather then perpetuate the bad abusive systems and lust for entertainment in the form of food that is unsustainable.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Amount of disturbing pictures that show the destruction caused by humans remaining before I decide to devise a plan to kill all humans: -985

lol...jks...or is it?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think whats worse is that there is no large sign of us changing our ways anytime soon. Pockets of people all over the globe living in harmony with the earth but the large majority of us do not. Even the ones that bemoan the state of the world do so from the comfort of their concrete jungles (myself included)

Nice eye opener of a thread OP

Cheers

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
nice thread, you put a lot of thought into it

however i think you should throw a warning on your thread title like *warning graphic images* its morning in some parts of the world, and the wife's just finishing breakfast, which i wont be eating now, haha.

+27 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
99.9% of all species that have ever existed have gone extinct.

It is part of the natural cycle.

A never ending story of creation and destruction.

Mother nature has had to start over from scratch many times and she is tired of it.

We are nature and our actions are natural, how could they be anything else?

Natures current main goal is eluding the next inevitable mass extinction event and we, through technology, are her best hope.

You are free to believe what you wish but if I truly believed as you do, I would kill myself. How do you live with yourself?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
It is not by the principles of humanity that man lives or is able to preserve himself above the animal world, but solely by means of the most brutal struggle. All life is a virus friend!

Consider that 98% of all species that have ever existed are now extinct due to some type of calamity. Humankind brings nothing new to the table. Certainly we should be better Sheppard’s but only for our own benefit. A time will come when mankind will have to completely manage our biosphere and this will entail the extinction in the wild of countless species that are of no benefit to mankind. All the species of today are doomed, and only by the complete control of the Earths ecosystems will mankind endure the test of time, and become true masters of space and time.

The save the whales approach to survival is suicidal for our species. To argue that the natural environment will see us through millennium is to argue that by placing a gun in your mouth and pulling the trigger one might survive so long as the primer did not ignite. Of course we need our current ecosystems, but they will let us down without question. The only real option is one of complete control. I know it is tough to swallow friend!

I believe that this conduct is in accordance with the will of our designer.

On that note have you ever seen The Privileged Planet
veehd.com/video/2485158_The-Privileged-Planet-2004-An-LVStudio-Documentary

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

99.9% of all species that have ever existed have gone extinct.
Yeah...over millions and millions of years and due to massive disaster events...not because a selfish and greedy species, WHICH HAD THE MENTAL CAPACITY TO KNOW BETTER, causes massive destruction to the planet and life on it like an out of control virus...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

How to survive in the Human world if you are in the Animal Kingdom:

* Be so cute humans adopt and play with you.
* Don't taste good so they won't eat you.
* Don't produce any body organs/fur/bones/tusks that humans value.
* Most of all, exist in a time period when there are no humans.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Of the pictures (all of them aside from one is tragic) it is plain to see that mankind can be destructive to the world around. The one picture I do not find disturbing though is the one of the children who killed the white tail deer. Hunting season is there for a reason, some species over populate quickly. 99% of hunter hunt for the purpose of eating their kills, I would believe these kids are no different. The white tail population is far from being endangered.

In fact my city has started issuing a small number of in city permits due to the large number of white tail now living within the city limits and causing a lot of traffic problems.

There are those within society that do terrible things there is no doubt about that. There are those who also do a lot of good. You cannot place all of mankind on the same scale; unless you are God and I sort of think He has better things to be doing than posting on ATS.

I seen in the other thread where you were calling for the eradication of mankind over the death of a hamster. Again I say you cannot place all of mankind on the same scale. Talking of destroying mankind is not only dangerous to yourself but it makes one wonder about the dangers you pose to others.

Raist

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

All life is a virus friend!
No..incorrect...all other life on this planet finds balance with the other life it has to exists with...even a "virus"...it doesn't completely destroy its host because it also would die without a host...life is all about balance...all life helps all other life, the food chain and ecosystem are very delicate and rely on balance...but we totally ignore that factor...we just destroy what we want when we want without caring about the consequences...and those consequences will become clear when we destroy our host, which is this planet and the life on it...

EDIT: If what we call a virus by definition, is able to find balance with its host and environment...what does that make us? A super-virus?

[edit on 23/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Earth is more robust than you think. We can only hurt ourselves and other species. By this destruction of the checks and balances mankind will come to better understand the critical working of our biosphere and in turn develop the technology that see us through millennium. It is only by the compete management of nature that the human species survive.

Screw the whales buddy! It doesn’t make us a super virus, and if we play our cards right it may well make us masters of the universe. What if by humankinds survival the species of today found a vector for long term survival?

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
you know, not all humans live to poison everything around them. there are some who spend their whole lives trying to fix the damage weve done.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

By this destruction of the checks and balances mankind will come to better understand the critical working of our biosphere and in turn develop the technology that see us through millennium. It is only by the compete management of nature will the human species survive.
So...basically what you're saying is...screw all other life...because we will be able to develop technology which will help us survive even without other life on the planet, and our destructive habits will even help us devise this new technology...well I'd have to agree...except for the screw life part...because I for one don't want to live on a barren planet devoid of all life and beauty...and instead only see dirt and desert filled with metal machines and technology...disgusting...

[edit on 23/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Life on Earth is voracious and cannot be extinguished by humans. It is entirely possible and even likely that we will destroy our selves and or remain dependent upon these doomed ecosystems, in which case we only bring a window of diversity for future life. The world as you know it is destined to fail with or without us friend.

I never suggested killing off all life. In fact no species should be allow to go extinct. The undesirables should however be allowed to go extinct in the wild if it benefits mankind.

Envision a planet wide city and a completely managed biosphere. A human population into the trillions which has led to the exploration of the stars. The human species having mastered space and time etc etc etc.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Donkey_Dean]

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Well its time to start taking action and turn off that internet, get rid off all your modern conveniences, dig yourself a hole, and eat insects the rest of your life because that is he only way your are not going to be harming "nature".

You can show of all the nasty pictures of dead or dying animals, but i can also show you beavers felling trees for their own homes, lions killing jaguars just because they don't like them, chimpanzees beating each other to death in some sort of monkey gangbanging, army ants rampaging and eating everything in their path, leaf cutter ants destroying entire forests, blah blah blah.....nature happens.

Humans are a product of nature the just happen to have the power to shape our environment. If any other animal had that same power I could bet it would o just about the same thing to enhance and secure its own life.

Be glad you are at the top of the chain and stop trying to ruin it for everyone else because we all know you won't give up anything meaningful yourself to be "one with nature."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join