It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Excalibur

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Might anybody have any new information on the Excalibur guided artillery shell? I saw a special on it awhile back and it kinda faded away.

Any good websites with useful information would be nice!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
some video goodness

and the competition
(warning: music)

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
wikipedia ftw!!!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm guessing the M109 Paladin is sitting at the round table! Very good videos, thanks to all for sharing!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
did anyone see the cost. but i think it is worth the cost. these weapons even though expensive are saving lives and are working to our advantage.

The munition is being developed with $55.1 million in financial assistance from Sweden, which expects to receive service rounds in 2010. As of 2008, unit costs are $85,000, potentially dropping to $50,000 in full-scale production.
source:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Foodman
did anyone see the cost. but i think it is worth the cost. these weapons even though expensive are saving lives and are working to our advantage.

The munition is being developed with $55.1 million in financial assistance from Sweden, which expects to receive service rounds in 2010. As of 2008, unit costs are $85,000, potentially dropping to $50,000 in full-scale production.
source:

en.wikipedia.org...

I heard in the first video a potential cost of $39,000. Still, that's more than most enlisted men and women make in a year. It's hard to reconcile low military pay with the high price of the equipment that they're entrusted with. It's never sat right with me.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
to the poster above:
if you have nothing to say that relates to the topic at hand then please refrain from attempting to derail threads. your gripe about one specific search engine can be discussed, argued and opined in a more productive and efficient manner in the Computer Help discussion forum in BTS.

anyway, here's a comparison of the results from two search engines using the phrase, "excalibur guided artillery".

DuckDuckGo

Google

[edit on 2.11.10 by toreishi]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
that is some insane stuff right there, it is insane some of the things that we as humans are producing to harm each other.

top topics

join