It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says US court ruling a blow to democracy

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CyberStray

Thanks to someone that joined the site on 1/21/10, I feel so much better that you have so aptly stated MY stance.

To bad that we cannot look at your stances and see your positions.

I guess the BULL will continue just as it always has. Ellie Light? Is that you? Or just some other troll?

I wonder if misrepresenting oneself is against the T&C.

How many new people have joined and are playing the

I use to be a conservative but no more. What a frelling joke. You guys are almost hilarious in your actions. Seems you knew how to install your avatar pretty quickly. By the way, you know anyone can look at ALL your posts don't you? Get a clue and quit playing your bull. I and others can see through it.

[edit on 1/25/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Your own sophistry is worse than that of the dissent in the SCOTUS ruling. It is very much about freedom of speech and you are free to protest and blah, blah, blah all you want. You claim that others can not understand the consequences of this ruling but you yourself have not been able to explain these consequences other than screaming foreign interests and blah, blah, blah. Your elitist stance that the people will not be able to make decisions for themselves and will necessarily fall prey to money spent on campaign ads reveals how little you care for the people and the clear and utter disregard you hold for them.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Does ANYONE ELSE NOTICE THE RESEMBLANCE OF POSTING STYLES?

Well looky here-

Great post Someone,
S - If anyone doubts where Ron Paul's loyalty lie, perhaps this can clear up some misconceptions:
C - If you dig deeper you will find other Ron Paul contradictions.
Cheers Cyberstray

Hey Ziggy, or SG or whoever the hell you are. It is against the T & C to have more than one account.

Do you understand?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Yep.. Obama is playing both sides of the fence on this to try to help his failing popular image.

I feel this courts choice is clearly wrong.. I cannot understand this statement:

"In the ruling, the court's conservative majority said the limits had violated corporations' constitutional right to free speech."

Since WHEN do corporations have the same constitutional protections given to the People? I believe they Do Not. I would fight this case and this decision.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Yep.. Obama is playing both sides of the fence on this to try to help his failing popular image.

I feel this courts choice is clearly wrong.. I cannot understand this statement:

"In the ruling, the court's conservative majority said the limits had violated corporations' constitutional right to free speech."

Since WHEN do corporations have the same constitutional protections given to the People? I believe they Do Not. I would fight this case and this decision.

Instead of reading someone's analysis of the ruling, why don't you just read the ruling itself? Justice Kennedy explains it clearly and the syllabus that comes before his opinion also clearly explains the reasoning behind the ruling.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

off topic

No it's not me endisnighe.

Is this your argument for supporting the SC decision?

I don't need a proxy to debate my points. I resent your accusation.

I got the idea to post in conversational style from Equistar on ,my thread.

I like it, it let's you answer point for point.

Is that a crime?

Ziggy Strange

By the way, I'm filing a formal complaint against you for this, I'm who I am period. I think were going to play this one out.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by ziggystrange]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Thanks to someone that joined the site on 1/21/10, I feel so much better that you have so aptly stated MY stance.

To bad that we cannot look at your stances and see your positions.

I guess the BULL will continue just as it always has. Ellie Light? Is that you? Or just some other troll?

I wonder if misrepresenting oneself is against the T&C.

How many new people have joined and are playing the

I use to be a conservative but no more. What a frelling joke. You guys are almost hilarious in your actions. Seems you knew how to install your avatar pretty quickly. By the way, you know anyone can look at ALL your posts don't you? Get a clue and quit playing your bull. I and others can see through it.

Sir.

You did not respond to my rebuttal. Is this your response when you cannot prevail? Your contention is a falsehood of spurious nature.

I know not, Ellie Light.

You offend for no good reason.

Cyberstray

Here comes the orator! With his flood of words, and his drop of reason.

Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1735

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Since corporations are considered a legal person. I forget the exact details, but its all out there. I watched a documentary that went through the 'personality' of corporations and the personalities of sociopaths and they're basically the same.

On the ruling... I kinda don't get it. Is it going to be more like: The President, brought to you by Pepsi? Or just bigger bribes?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Except that unions are citizens. They are groups of American citizens, special interest or not.

Exactly who are the corporations? Can't name very many names. Do they live in the US? Are they even located in the US?

How about Nike? That doesn't even make one product on US soil.

Why should corporations who make all their money from slave labor abraod decide our elections?

Nameless, faceless, homeless.

And I can tell you right now, no union has the ounce of money or power that these corporations do.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Yes, I noticed.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yes, I noticed.

Stormdancer,

I have notified the staff that I will submit to whatever method they use to validate double accounts 3 times this morning.

It would help your cause more to rebut the issues, not say me too. To spurious accusations.

Ziggy Strange

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystrange

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by ziggystrange

Dear Obama,

What educational system did you grow up in that calls the United States of America a "Democracy"? We are the world's oldest Constitutional Republic.

Who care if this decision "deals a blow to Democracy".. we are not, nor have we as a nation ever been one.

Hello NOTurTypical,

What he said was "a blow to democracy". You conveniently twisted the words to fit your agenda.

It is a blow to democracy, as it perverts the system by allowing foreign agents to legally elect the Candidates they want.

I believe the problem is, this is a blow to Americans of any Political ideology.

The core of our existence is sovereignty, this is why we revolted against England. That self determination, and intolerance.

Taxation without representation. What sort of representation is it to allow foreign interests to decide who governs us?

That is the question, not how you dissect a sentence, and pull from it what you want it to mean.

How do you feel about surrendering our government to our enemies abroad?

Ziggy Strange
I didn't twist ANY words dude, in fact i also put those SAME WORDS in quotations. My point, which you ignored in your red herring reply, is that Obama is in ERROR for calling this great nation a "Democracy".

We are NOT a Democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic, we never have been a Democracy.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Well according to some of the founding fathers like James Madison this Constitutional Republic is a Representative Democracy.

It is a blow to democracy because we elect our representatives to government through a democratic process. Now non living entities will have more of an influence than ever on who gets elected.

I can just see it now, "This election brought to you by Pricewaterhouse Coopers, GE, and Haliburton." I wonder if Senators and Representatives will have to wear corporate logo jackets? I mean this is great if your a Republican, it means that your corporate masters will finally be able to run the show in the open.
According to the CONSTITUTION itself what are we?

REPUBLIC. And the fact that we have a Constitution makes us a Constitutional Republic. Learn the difference of the two.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yes, I noticed.

Stormdancer,

I have notified the staff that I will submit to whatever method they use to validate double accounts 3 times this morning.

It would help your cause more to rebut the issues, not say me too. To spurious accusations.

Ziggy Strange

The "issues" isn't the validity of the number of accounts you do or don't have. It's something to do with Obama or something... I know its hard not to defend your honor, just take it somewhere else. "How many accounts do I have?" would be a nice thread on BTS...

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Kind of brings that whole Constitutional Scholar thing into question doesn't it?

Hi Endisnighe,

So your opinion is that this is good decision, and you question Obama's what? His being a Constitutional Scholar?
Like it or not he is.

Explain to me how it's Patriotic to sell the vote to foreign interests?
You of all people, after the Patriot threads you authored, should be the last person to give up what sovereignty we had.

I know. This is about free speech.

No E it's not just about free speech. I can understand you not liking Obama, but why roll over and play dead when a real attack on liberty smacks you in the face.

I thought you would be outraged, I was mistaken. Remember this one for future reference ok?

See you around.

Ziggy Strange
What he probably meant by that comment is Obama is supposed to be an expert of the US Constitution, the same Constitution which guarantees the citizens a Republican (Republic) government.. in writing.

Something an "expert" of the document should know.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Maybe we should explain this for some of those who are having a hard time with this.

Here it is short and sweet.
As of right now, Conservatives on the Supreme Court ruled that any corporation can buy as many ad's as they want, every minute of every day non stop for a candidate. Because, according to them, a Corporation has the same inalienable rights as a real human being and their unlimited cash is their speech.

So all Exxon has to do is walk right into a Senators office and say "Do what we want or we will spend ungodly amounts of money making you look just to the left of the AntiChrist and Bea Arthur".

If the Senator plays ball well we the people get screwed. If the Senator does not play ball than he looses and we all get screwed.

Anyone on the BB who believes that this a good thing is nothing but Judas Goats taking this Republic to the abyss.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by AllexxisF1]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

reply to post by ziggystrange

Dear Obama,

What educational system did you grow up in that calls the United States of America a "Democracy"? We are the world's oldest Constitutional Republic.

Who care if this decision "deals a blow to Democracy".. we are not, nor have we as a nation ever been one.

Hello NOTurTypical,

What he said was "a blow to democracy". You conveniently twisted the words to fit your agenda.

It is a blow to democracy, as it perverts the system by allowing foreign agents to legally elect the Candidates they want.

I believe the problem is, this is a blow to Americans of any Political ideology.

The core of our existence is sovereignty, this is why we revolted against England. That self determination, and intolerance.

Taxation without representation. What sort of representation is it to allow foreign interests to decide who governs us?

That is the question, not how you dissect a sentence, and pull from it what you want it to mean.

How do you feel about surrendering our government to our enemies abroad?

Ziggy Strange
I didn't twist ANY words dude, in fact i also put those SAME WORDS in quotations. My point, which you ignored in your red herring reply, is that Obama is in ERROR for calling this great nation a "Democracy".

We are NOT a Democracy, we are a Constitutional Republic, we never have been a Democracy.

While you are technically correct, you still did not address the issue. It is a blow to democracy.

We are a Republic, our Republic is governed by a Representative Democracy. You are factually incorrect, the term used by the President in the context it was used, is the proper term.

A Staff Report from the Straight Dope Science Advisory Board
Is the U.S. a democracy or a republic? What's the difference?

Link to Source Straightdope.com

Direct involvement of the people is a nice concept, but for matters of day-to-day government, a strictly democratic system is impractical. Even now that it's somewhat feasible via electronic communication to survey each and every voter on each and every matter of administering the laws, would you really want this on a national, state, or even local level? Voting is rightly looked on as a civic obligation, but if you were asked to do it every morning when you woke up, you'd probably get pretty sick of it. That's why on a large scale we elect legislators to work for us, and they are charged with making legislative decisions on our behalf. In other words, our republic is governed by a representative democracy.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by ziggystrange]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Forget the foreign corporations, this ruling by the SC is just one step away from having religious entities such as the Vatican being declared "people" and allowing them to pour unlimited amounts of money to influence elections. What the hell, let foreign governments form a corporation and pump as much money as they want into the mix. That's also a possibility.
I guess it's time to order Rosetta Stone....Chinese

See the irony here...The Conservatives that want to close all the US borders to outsiders but have opened the flood gates to unimaginable foreign influence.

It truly is a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Actually better yet let me explain it to them in their own Neo Con language.

Dubai world wants Christians jailed.

Dubai world runs candidates in both houses and the presidency.

They run ads every minute of every day, night and day making their candidates look like God and the other the devil.

They win.

They make a new law that all Christians be tossed into the slammer.

People sue.

Court rules in favor because they were appointed by paid off House and President.

People revolt and get tossed into prison.

Meanwhile everything is great on the news because Dubai world also bought all the news organizations. Because Congress and Courts said that its ok to have a monopoly.

Christians are pwned in Fema camps.

Hope that helps.

[edit on 25-1-2010 by AllexxisF1]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Forget the foreign corporations, this ruling by the SC is just one step away from having religious entities such as the Vatican being declared "people"

I dont think it could have opened the flood gates any wider than this SC ruling.

You know what the saddest thing is about this? That this news will be old pritty soon and we will be right back to discussing teleprompters and flagpins. In a couple of years time when another conservative majority and presidency is established and things hit rock bottom again, the ones that turn a blind eye will have amnesia and blame the "progressive elite".

What happened to the tea party patriots?? Last year they were protesting lobbyists so what happened to them?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join