It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two light anomalies follow psychic up stairs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Hi Woody,

thanks for getting back to me. The investigation team who came round, like yours, also do their investigations free of charge. Interseting what you said about the guides, as that's what one of the camera operators said they might be. My only issue with that, is if these orbs were this person's guides, surely they would show up on the other footage they've taken?

I'm starting to realise how hard it is to come to even a half certain decision as to the cause of these orbs. I'm not that familiar on the technological capabilities when analysing such footage, and had wondered if it were possible to magnify the image to such an extent that you might be able to see what is causing the orb (if it is being caused by something 'mundane'). I had the idea that maybe some expert analyst (with various technological tools/methods at their disposal) might be able to clear up the image and magnify it so that we might see something that is within the orb, like a fly's wing LOL

I am open to the idea that orbs could be entities, whether they are ghosts, faeries, aliens, guides or just creatures/entities in their own right (or all of these on different occasions) I don't know. But it's certainly interesting trying to find out ;-)

Aelf

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by Aelfrede

Hey there Aelfrede, for what it's worth I thought they looked interesting.

I've seen and filmed a few orbs in my time ... I have my own paranormal investigation team called W.I.S.P.S (Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source), and it's certainly not a 'money maker' in our case because we don't charge a penny.

Having said that there are many who are in it for the money now it's so popular because of the numerous TV shows.

Orbs are notoriously difficult to identify because there are so many possible causes ... and without being there at the time I have no way of knowing what may have caused the orbs in your film.

If they are of paranormal origin ... and you said the lady in the film was a psychic and/or clairvoyant I believe ... then they could have been her guides etc. (just a possibility).

Woody

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hi Zepar,

yes that's the one explanation of 'mundane' origin that I still think it could be, although ElephEagle thinks 'the "flight" of the objects weren't representative of an insects flight.' so I don't know. Thing is, if it is insects or dust, it should be fairly easy to reproduce the results.

Aelf

Originally posted by zepar

I initialy thought that it was dust caused by the person walking up the stairs. But now you mention it, it could be insects. It just doesn't seem to move like orbs in my opinion. Perhaps if we could see a bit more footage, for example the "orbs" following her around upstairs then my opinion may change.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hi Elepheagle,

thanks for your reply.

When you said: 'Whatever the two objects are, based on where I see them appearing from, the objects are much closer to the camera than they are to the woman walking up the stairs. ' - how were you able to tell this?

With regards the way dust looks in sunlight, I have observed this before and it looks like lots of sparkles, not just one or two. It really doesn't logically make sense that one or two particles of dust would be able to reflect light, whilst the millions of other pieces are not effected by the light, even though they float past the same area.

Aelf

Originally posted by Elepheagle

Whatever the two objects are, based on where I see them appearing from, the objects are much closer to the camera than they are to the woman walking up the stairs.

It very well could be dust; one poster asked why only two pieces of dust lit up. Well, it looks like they were filming in night vision, so this is very much possible. Like catches dust in weird ways, as I'm sure you've seen while looking out a window on a sunny day.

I thought insects as well, but I thought the "flight" of the objects weren't representative of an insects flight.

So I'm leaning towards dust. Or orbs. Though I wouldn't personally subscribe to that belief.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hi OzWeatherman,

thanks for getting back to me.

When you said: 'The orbs do not have their own light source, which is a characteristic which distinguishes them from dust or humidity.' - do you mean that real orbs do not have their own light source, and the ones filmed at my house do have their own light source?

Also when you said: 'They appeared after the person walked up the stairs, which indicates to me that the dust was disturbed as the person walked up there. If they had come from the other direction then it may be more plausible.' - this seems to set up (I forget the philosophical term for it, circular argument or 'begging the question') a loop type argument where it is assumed that when a person is moving, any light anomalies that follow them are dust. So, if there is some other reason, like they are real orbs following the person - there is never a chance to consider that, since the 'dust premise' has already been used to explain it. It could be a possible indication of dust, but can't be a reason to decide it is dust.

It still does not make sense to me that one or two pieces of dust would catch the light and millions of others would go unaffected. What would make sense is that if it is dust, it should be able to replicate the results time and time again. It should produce reliable results. Does anyone know of any footage where someone distributes lots of dust (shaking a blanket or something) and then films these orbs? All I've seen is the video that franspeakfree sent, which demonstrates that creating lots of dust doesn't produce any orbs.

It makes sense that if it is dust, it should be easily reproducible. Perhaps someone with the right equipment could set up an experiment to test this?

Aelf

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
There is two reasons why I believe these are dust particles:

1. The orbs do not have their own light source, which is a characteristic which distinguishes them from dust or humidity.

2. They appeared after the person walked up the stairs, which indicates to me that the dust was disturbed as the person walked up there. If they had come from the other direction then it may be more plausible.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
[edit on 1-2-2010 by Ryu Albertson]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Dust, bugs, lint... Even a secondary light source. Doesn't appear to be anything remotely paranormal. And if they claimed it was the spirit of your dead auntie Sally I'd probably view anything else they said with great skeptisim.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The thread title is a bit deceptive, I expected to see some light anomalies, instead I see the typical dust orbs that paranormal teams seem so convinced are paranormal. The dust is catching the IR light of the camera and is liking following the psychic because the psychic is disturbing the air.

How is legitimate science ever going to give the paranormal a chance if this is what we submit as evidence... dust.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
Dust, bugs, lint... Even a secondary light source. Doesn't appear to be anything remotely paranormal. And if they claimed it was the spirit of your dead auntie Sally I'd probably view anything else they said with great skeptisim.

Dust, Bugs, Lint... even a secondary lightsource!!!! Wow, your spot on!
These orbs are definately just that! There is nothing paranormal going on at all. Everything is just fine and dandy!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join