It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Two light anomalies follow psychic up stairs

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

I wanted to get your input regarding this video that was filmed at my house just over a year ago. A group of paranormal investigators called 'The Ghost Investigation Team' came out with their equipment. The team consists of equipment operators, 'sensitives' and also clairvoyants. The main clairvoyant is seen in the video walking up the stairs in my house. If you watch very carefully, two light anomalies follow her, one after the other, up the stairs. I have always wondered what exactly they might be. I have quite a skeptical side about these things, even though I experience some strange phenomena on a daily basis. My opinion is it's better to rule out other things first than jumping to the conclusion that something is paranormal. I know that orbs in photos are often caused by water droplets and insects.

The investigation team also are aware of other causes of orbs. In fact they have a notice on their website saying that they believe most pictures of orbs can be explained by dust, water droplets and insects. However, sometimes they believe they are of a paranormal origin, which they believe in the case of this video. Please could you have a look, especially if you have experience with this sort of thing, and see what you think they might be:

www.ghostinvestigationteam.com...

Thanks,

Aelf




posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Hey Aelf,
to be honest I think that it is just dust. The first one does look like it has come up the stairs, perhaps off the bottom of the bannister.
The second one looks like it comes from above the bannister and behind the camera man. Was there anything else suspicious in the whole film?



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede
 


God!

More orbs!

Now if that orb had been held by an Ood (dr. who) we'ed have something!



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hi Zepar,

thanks for your reply. Can I ask what makes you think it is dust? Because I can't believe dust would move with that sort of direction and speed. OK I can understand that there would be a draught of air created as someone walks, but when you watch those 'light anomalies' move, it just doesn't seem like it could be a piece of dust. Also, why not more of them? Of the mundane explanations, I would more likely imagine it could be an insect?

Aelf


Originally posted by zepar
Hey Aelf,
to be honest I think that it is just dust. The first one does look like it has come up the stairs, perhaps off the bottom of the bannister.
The second one looks like it comes from above the bannister and behind the camera man. Was there anything else suspicious in the whole film?



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Hi felonius,

I like your wit (and I like oods!)

Do you have any idea what could have caused this? I'm not sure how experts in this sort of thing go about working out whether something was caused by mundane or unknown origin? Maybe they have a way of brightening the image and zooming in very close, or perhaps there are other indications that help them decide the cause of such 'orbs'.

Aelf


Originally posted by felonius
reply to post by Aelfrede
 


God!

More orbs!

Now if that orb had been held by an Ood (dr. who) we'ed have something!



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I have just watched that 10 times and it doesn't look like dust to me, it looks like all those paranormal orb things that everyone talks about, perhaps someone can post a video of these orb things and compare them.

For the record I do not believe in 'ghosts' Its a money maker nothing more in my book, but I do believe that 'orbs' exist, in space and around earth.



[edit on 23-1-2010 by franspeakfree]



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
All those shows are so fake. Even someone close with the show had said they have to rely on the minds of the audience to hook them because there s no real substance. And how do they do that? By filming the intense scenes in the dark.

Any real haunted place isn't only haunted at night --it's haunted in the daytime too, ya know, but they only film at night because of the effect it has on the mind --especially when they film in night vision. Then, notice, at the end of all the shows when the mystery is solved, THEN they film the nice, bright sunrise as a "new day dawns" for the people who own the house, or barn that used to be haunted.

These places aren't really haunted and they have no real authority over ghosts or demons.



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hi franspeakfree,

thanks for your reply. I like that video, I saw it a couple of months ago. It makes sense what he says about dust. There is so much dust floating around the average house, it just doesn't make sense that only one or two would light up and the rest wouldn't.

I don't think these orbs in the footage I sent can be explained as easily, probably because they're captured on a camcorder rather than just snap shots from a camera, and you can see how they move. Also, what was significant at the time, is the clairvoyant/psychic detected some sort of spirit activity on the stairs. I am open as to what the cause might be. It could be something mundane like insects. Or it could be something paranormal. I don't know what exactly, I'm not sure what I think about ghosts. They may exist, but I'm sure are not the only reason for such phenomena.

Aelf


Originally posted by franspeakfree
I have just watched that 10 times and it doesn't look like dust to me, it looks like all those paranormal orb things that everyone talks about, perhaps someone can post a video of these orb things and compare them.

For the record I do not believe in 'ghosts' Its a money maker nothing more in my book, but I do believe that 'orbs' exist, in space and around earth.



[edit on 23-1-2010 by franspeakfree]



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede
 


I agree Aelfrede, to say all orbs are dust is a little to ignorant in my opinion. There are countless of videos that show 'orbs' in the atmosphere and whilst we are on the subject I believe that 'rods' are exactly the same as 'orbs' only a different shape.

My take on these are that they are living organisms invisible to our naked eye.



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It would be good to hear from those of you who regularly deal with this phenomena yourselves (filming orbs or analysing footage of them). I tried to explain it away with different things. I even thought maybe the camera operator shone a small light, (even though the people seem 100% genuine) but if they did do that it would be reflected in the window (the small light that does show in the window is reflected from the light on the camcorder, it doesn't move).



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Hi there,

I find your idea interesting that the orbs may well be the same or similar to the rods phenomena, also that they might be living organisms that cannot be seen with average phsyical vision. I think it's important to keep our minds open to what this could be, rather than trying to lump it into any one category just to make our rational, analytical minds more comfortable. One thing that can be done is ruling out things that it is not. That's what I hope might be possible, if there are any members who can have a look at it, who are experienced at analysing such footage objectively.

Aelf

Originally posted by franspeakfree
reply to post by Aelfrede
 


I agree Aelfrede, to say all orbs are dust is a little to ignorant in my opinion. There are countless of videos that show 'orbs' in the atmosphere and whilst we are on the subject I believe that 'rods' are exactly the same as 'orbs' only a different shape.

My take on these are that they are living organisms invisible to our naked eye.



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Arguing whether or not it is dust or 'orbs' is kind of beside the point. There is just simply nothing there. Nothing can be extracted from this footage as being any sort of paranormal evidence. It's just a light anomaly of 'suspicious' origin.. it could be absolutely anything.

I've only seen a few pieces of footage of "orbs" that were interesting, and they do more than just "appear suddenly as someone walks up the stairs".

I don't mean to be abrasive or confrontational, but really.. this isn't anything. Apparitions and moving objects are Far more convincing and interesting, and some audio evidence is too. However, audio evidence remains in the "so what" category, and is the sort of thing you have to be there to witness in order to believe.

Most evidence is based on a level of trust. The viewer/audience has to submit to trusting the presenter of footage to some degree, in order to believe the evidence presented to be real.

So, if it has to be debated whether or not it's an Orb, then it's kind of silly to begin with. Orbs are notorious as being hard to substantiate from insects and dust, let alone trying to determine if it's legitimate or not.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by SyphonX]



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
So, if it has to be debated whether or not it's an Orb, then it's kind of silly to begin with. Orbs are notorious as being hard to substantiate from insects and dust, let alone trying to determine if it's legitimate or not.


SyphonX this is a conspiracy/paranormal site, if you don't want to talk orbs or dust then this obviously isn't the thread for you. I myself am interested in the 'orb' phenomenon therefore, I contribute to this thread. To say that its silly to talk about orbs and dust is a little rude IMO.

I think you owe the OP an apology.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by franspeakfree]



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I don't owe the OP any apology.

I myself watch Tons of ghost documentaries, shows, movies, etc.

Debating orbs tends to be self-defeating to paranormal studies and the evidence itself. I was expressing my opinion on the footage given, and my opinion was that there is nothing there. My opinion is perfectly reasonable and is what is to be expected on a public forum.

Orb footage worth speculating is rather rare. It's just the cold hard truth that some are not worth too much speculation, they do it on the shows themselves. Ghost Hunters for instance, will always show the crew debating orbs and then usually debunking it as, "Interesting, but nothing worth showing.", and they take it with a grain of salt, professionally, and move on.

This whole site is designed to allow people to express their concerns/validations/opinions amongst one another. I expressed mine, that is all.



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
How can you say 'there is just simply nothing there' when there clearly is something there? I don't think it is unreasonable to want to try to work out what it could be. I understand that it might be hard to have a good idea what causes orbs, maybe near to impossible in some cases, but clearly it is a false statement to say there is nothing there, when anyone can see it with their own eyes. If that is the overall consensus from all experts who look into this phenomena, then maybe there is no point investigating. But then what point is there attempting to document such phenomena?

Aelf

Originally posted by SyphonX
Arguing whether or not it is dust or 'orbs' is kind of beside the point. There is just simply nothing there. Nothing can be extracted from this footage as being any sort of paranormal evidence. It's just a light anomaly of 'suspicious' origin.. it could be absolutely anything.

I've only seen a few pieces of footage of "orbs" that were interesting, and they do more than just "appear suddenly as someone walks up the stairs".

I don't mean to be abrasive or confrontational, but really.. this isn't anything. Apparitions and moving objects are Far more convincing and interesting, and some audio evidence is too. However, audio evidence remains in the "so what" category, and is the sort of thing you have to be there to witness in order to believe.

Most evidence is based on a level of trust. The viewer/audience has to submit to trusting the presenter of footage to some degree, in order to believe the evidence presented to be real.

So, if it has to be debated whether or not it's an Orb, then it's kind of silly to begin with. Orbs are notorious as being hard to substantiate from insects and dust, let alone trying to determine if it's legitimate or not.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by SyphonX]



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede
 


Hey there Aelfrede, for what it's worth I thought they looked interesting.

I've seen and filmed a few orbs in my time ... I have my own paranormal investigation team called W.I.S.P.S (Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source), and it's certainly not a 'money maker' in our case because we don't charge a penny.


Having said that there are many who are in it for the money now it's so popular because of the numerous TV shows.

Orbs are notoriously difficult to identify because there are so many possible causes ... and without being there at the time I have no way of knowing what may have caused the orbs in your film.

If they are of paranormal origin ... and you said the lady in the film was a psychic and/or clairvoyant I believe ... then they could have been her guides etc. (just a possibility).

Woody



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede
 


I initialy thought that it was dust caused by the person walking up the stairs. But now you mention it, it could be insects. It just doesn't seem to move like orbs in my opinion. Perhaps if we could see a bit more footage, for example the "orbs" following her around upstairs then my opinion may change.



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
reply to post by Aelfrede
 


I agree Aelfrede, to say all orbs are dust is a little to ignorant in my opinion.


Who said that all orbs are dust? I just said that I thought these were dust. I have seen orbs in the past in both pictures and video and its a very difficult to tell between orbs, dust and insects. I do beleive they exist.



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede
 


Whatever the two objects are, based on where I see them appearing from, the objects are much closer to the camera than they are to the woman walking up the stairs.

It very well could be dust; one poster asked why only two pieces of dust lit up. Well, it looks like they were filming in night vision, so this is very much possible. Like catches dust in weird ways, as I'm sure you've seen while looking out a window on a sunny day.

I thought insects as well, but I thought the "flight" of the objects weren't representative of an insects flight.

So I'm leaning towards dust. Or orbs. Though I wouldn't personally subscribe to that belief.



posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
There is two reasons why I believe these are dust particles:

1. The orbs do not have their own light source, which is a characteristic which distinguishes them from dust or humidity.

2. They appeared after the person walked up the stairs, which indicates to me that the dust was disturbed as the person walked up there. If they had come from the other direction then it may be more plausible.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join