It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Had SP my whole life. Thankfully, I haven't experienced one for a year or so. Before, I always experience it around 3 times a month. I have tried a lot of things to make it stop but it just stopped.

I previously thought that it was due to consuming oily foods or cola before sleeping. It wasn't consistent on my findings so I tried out some other things like being religious, stress-control, exercise. None of them were consistent.

Oh well. I guess 1 out of 10 people experience this much like how MSG causes headaches to a select few.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Here's the documentary that has the young latino man who gets extremely violent in his sleep -- they study him in a sleep center and say it's the worse case they've seen and he wakes up and is paralyzed but looks possessed and he doesn't remember it:

www.youtube.com...

It's in the last segment of this but the whole doc is fascinating.

reply to post by Kandinsky

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
"It sounds silly but it was a slight feeling of being floating and it almost felt like I could see people walking around oddly enough but like I said my memory is pretty blank on it and it was pretty dark so who knows maybe just my imagination from being in sleep paralysis but it was just completely bizarre especially since the memory I have is short but I feel like I can remember a lot still if that makes sense. "

I'm going to be dogmatic and specify this snippet as an exaggeration.
If they wanted you to know, you will know.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
In fact, I was about to write on beyond, " If they want you to know, you will know", but funnily enough, my lights nearly went out.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

i have only ever had one SP experience and it was when i was about 15.. comical as it sounds i was scary as hell.

i was dreaming that a was running through my aunties house.. being chased by a ninja of sorts... he eventually got me and chopped me up.. no gore involved just me in tiny pieces.. the dream started fading into a bright white like... sort of like whats described when you "go to the light" when ya die.. i awoke to a voice saying "not now" over and over...i couldnt move for what felt like 5 minutes. probably not that long though.. i was trying with all my strength to open my hand.. even move a finger and just coulndnt untill it kinda wore off.. and my ears were ringing as well...

scariest thing at the time... really frightened me..

just thought i would share my little story

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Here's the documentary that has the young latino man who gets extremely violent in his sleep -- they study him in a sleep center and say it's the worse case they've seen and he wakes up and is paralyzed but looks possessed and he doesn't remember it:

Hey thanks for that, it's the same footage I remember. Very interesting. The presentation in the doco is pretty shameful. They insist on referring to 'entities' and 'nocturnal attacks' and imply that SP is actually an incident of demonic attack. IMO it's irresponsible and will prevent some people from being reassured by it's very normal nature. It's rather sickening that the producers set out to deceive and scare a section of their viewers.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well then you probably would not like this

"sleep paralysis and alien abductions" documentary

video.google.com...#

I'm with you on the science demystifying of it but I think that British doc was focusing on how people perceive sleep paralysis and then at the end they state how science still can not explain it.

Which, of course, leaves open the question about if there really is some spiritual or dimensional angle to sleep paralysis. Science would call it biophotons I think.

But the above doc I couldn't finish because when the alien abduction part kicks in around 1:15 there's a focus on sleep paralysis victims turning to Jesus for demon exorcism. It was just too over the top for me.

reply to post by Kandinsky

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I have had instances in which, as a child, I would wake up, not be able to move, and not be able to open my eyes. My eyes would literally roll around in the top of my head when I tried to open them.
It doesn't happen anymore.

I'm pretty sure I was just waking up from an intense sleep and my body was still inducing paralysis to keep my still in my sleep.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Ok firstly there are many threads dealing with sleep paralysis one which was discussed a few days ago. Go look for them for more discussions answers etc.

I dont claim to be an expert but do have personal experience of exactly this phenomenon.

I use to experience it as a child and at this stage was still very religious.
It was accompanied by weird vibrations\voices etc. I assumed it was demonic possession. It scared me lifeless and for a long time I was afraid to sleep and eventually slept with my bible. lol.(strangely enough it actually helped)

After being awakened from my religious slumber I actually started looking for a more believable answer.

On the scientific side I found that it is simply a case of your consciouss brain waking up while your subconsciouss is still in control. i.e sleeping awake. The frightening effects are to shock your body into waking up.

Now being more enlightened than I was at that stage of my life I finally found the answer which I believe and which I have actully experienced.
Sleep Paralysis is simply the onset of an out of body experience(obe).

Now I dont know if you want to have one( well you actually dont have a choice since it happens to everyone whether we are consciouss of it or not.) but if you want to proceed out of your body all you have to do is stay calm and imagine yourself drifting out of your body. I know it is an extremely frightening experience and thus I know how ridiculous it sounds when I say you should stay calm. But dont be afraid, this is the most important advice, you can ignore everything else except this. There is nothing to fear but fear itself. As long as you stay calm you will be on your way to having one of the most delightfull and enlightening experiences.

Even though experienceing it most of my life I only found out about the last part a few weeks ago. Coincidentally right after reading a book about it (by Lobsang Rampa) and falling asleep I experienced the sleep paralysis. I made an extraordinary effort to just stay calm, and suddenly i was out of my body. I looked at my body seeping on the bed and was so excited I was immediately sucked back into my body.

You see the thing about OBE`s is that as soon as you become too excited\frightened, you are immediately sucked back into your body.( I think its like a safety mechanism)

I sincerely hope that you will embrace this gift( i know at the moment it doesnt seem like one) but astral travelling is one of the most exciting and fulfilling experiences you can have while still being alive. Imagine being able to go anywhere see anythin\anyone all within the blink of an eye.

But this is my 2 cents coming from my own experience. I hope it helps ( It certainly brightened my dreary life). If you want to know more about astral travelling feel free to message me or something and I will gladly tell you everything I know about it and have experienced.

Peace, love n respect.
Catch you on the astral plane.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I know it's an old thread but this is my favourite topic.
This is my take on it, you cannot move because youre trying to move your physical body.
This has also been happening to me since I was young.
I can tell you for sure from my own experience that OBE's are possible.
SP, would be caused by a lack of rest because when you say go to bed that tired, your body will be totally relaxed.
That's why in OBE methods, techniques involve relaxation. To attain that certain total relaxed state is not an easy thing.
The ringing noise I get it too. I feel an energy moving from my chest to my stomach. Before I used to get worried when this happend and always repeated in my mind "stop, stop, stop".
Then I got into the whole idea of OBE's and lucid dreams.
When youre stuck in a SP, you need to think with your mind, youre in shock and it'll be difficult, you cannot move your physical body.

I was lying down during an SP and could not move, I was shouting and no one heard me when there were people in my house.
I began to think really hard about standing by the living room doors and opening them, and I was there trying to open the door, my hand was going through it like a ghost.
To try to move your body during a SP is impossible. You are in the dream state, OBE, astral, whatever you wana call it.

Focus all your energy on your mind and where you wana be next time you are in that situation, trust me it works.

I am totally convinced now that anyone can remember their dream state experience's if they want to.
Fatigue is the total enemy of anyone that want's to succeed in this.
But everyone does it, just most find it difficult to remember their experience's.

It's the topic which I personally am experimenting and investigating for years and will never stop.

All I can say is that their is another world out there call it another dimension if you like.
I firmly believe this without a doubt and from personal experience.

Hope that helped you a little RA, feel free to ask me anything concerning this topic.

Starred and flagged.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The worst part is the "feeling" of not being able to breath, or extreme difficulty breathing. Not sure if others experience this though.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It happens to me regularly, there are being that are trying to "change" me, they are tall, and thin, they basically, hold down my astral body, and place a variety of implants in my mind - I wake up the next day feeling "changed" and start to see things differently, but I know in my heart that something is "wrong" - so, I have to astrally remove the devices. However, as I have gotten stronger, I will awake and find myself paralysed, and will generally find one being or another trying to alter my being - I usually remember them holding down my arms and legs, usually they have a kind of "wand" as well as a strange kind of "vaccum" - as if they were trying to extract my denser astral body - however, I usually tell my instincts that I am going to die if I do not "wake up" and the "shock" is enough for me to arise from my paralysis.

They have very strong fields, it is a searing kind of "beam" that they use - they are essentially trying to "upgrade" people en-mass, and those that "resist" will be channeled an increacing amount of human hate and negativity.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join