It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the President be denied access to UFO documents?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I have a bit more of relevant information from another Executive Order.

Executive Order 12968 of August 2, 1995 signed by Pres. Bill Clinton, titled "Access to Classified Information." This Executive Order "establishes a uniform Federal personnel security program for employees who will be considered for initial or continued access to classified information."

As I've been contesting—that the President has, inherently, access to all classified information—this executive order makes no doubt about what access conditions and restrictions apply to the President (and Vice-President) right from the get-go. Under §1.1 ("Definitions"), the executive order exempts the President and the Vice-President from the guidelines, procedures and regulations set forward by it, as it makes clear that it doesn't apply to them.

(e) “Employee” means a person, other than the President and Vice President, employed by, detailed or assigned to, an agency, including members of the Armed Forces; an expert or consultant to an agency; an industrial or commercial contractor, licensee, certificate holder, or grantee of an agency, including all subcontractors; a personal services contractor; or any other category of person who acts for or on behalf of an agency as determined by the appropriate agency head.

Since then, Executive Order 12968 has been amended by Executive Order 13467 of June 30, 2008 signed by Pres. George Bush. The exemptions to the President and Vice-President remain, with different language.

(g) ‘‘Covered individual’’ means a person who performs work for or on behalf of the executive branch, or who seeks to perform work for or on behalf of the executive branch, but does not include:

(i) the President or (except to the extent otherwise directed by the President) employees of the President under section 105 or 107 of title 3, United States Code; or
(ii) the Vice President or (except to the extent otherwise directed by the Vice President) employees of the Vice President under section 106 of title 3 or annual legislative branch appropriations acts.

It's interesting to note that both executive orders mention the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, that I addressed in this post as being something worth exploring more. This executive order—EO 13467—which is in effect at this time, makes clear what orders and legislation rule the matters of classified information

(c) ‘‘Classified information’’ means information that has been determined pursuant to Executive Order 12958 of April 17, 1995, as amended, or a successor or predecessor order, or the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 (42 U.S.C. 2011 et seq.) to require protection against unauthorized disclosure.
Executive Order 13526 of December 29, 2009 (Barack Obama) is the successor to Executive Order 13292 of March 23, 2003 (George Bush), which in turn is the successor to Executive Order 12958 of April 17, 1995 (Bill Clinton) mentioned above.

A pdf of the Act is available here. Will take a look when I have the time.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Thanks Rex

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

The way things are presently a past President has used his authority

to have a small group of people investigate and report what they think he needs to know about UFO's.

This works well because the government public people can truthfully say there is nothing to report since they have not been given any confirmed information.

If he President thinks he wants more details or if he wants to change the rules he can rescind the order of the previous President.

The existing procedure works well to keep the topic out of the daily
news cycle but it annoys you and me because we want to hear an informed authoritative report of whatever scraps of information that
come along through official channels.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I have been looking into the various "ranks" they have in the U.S for months and my verdict is that there are 38 levels above the President. I can't be asked to go into them as of yet but you can find an interesting video on youtube explaining the importance of these files and who has the final shout etc..

I think i actually ironically searched "above top secret" - The initial image comes up with an old man with a beard i think.

Like others said, the President will only find out on a "need-to-know" basis.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unstable Affliction
I have been looking into the various "ranks" they have in the U.S for months and my verdict is that there are 38 levels above the President. I can't be asked to go into them as of yet but you can find an interesting video on youtube explaining the importance of these files and who has the final shout etc

Is there any evidence that there are 38 levels above the President, other than one video on Youtube?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

Yes, i live in the UK and the MoD have released several de-classified files explaining most of this, with some added information about all of the recent sightings in Scotland.

I will send links when i have uploaded them, but at the moment, i am at work

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unstable Affliction
Yes, i live in the UK and the MoD have released several de-classified files explaining most of this, with some added information about all of the recent sightings in Scotland.

Is this related to the President of the United States? Why does the UK MOD have released files about that?

I will send links when i have uploaded them, but at the moment, i am at work

Alright, thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I am simply explaining what is inside these files in which the MoD have released, ofc this is still on topic

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
simply put a need to know basis. If the president dosent need to know then he dosent need to know as one cia operative put it a president is a president for 4 years but the CIA goes on forever.....

somewhere on these forums there's a story I repeated that springer and I were told about Jimmy Carter. Carter had promised to spill the beans once he was in office. The guy who we met with told us how he asked the president about this and the president said he tried to find out and was told he didn't have the clearance.

When the guy said "but, you're the president, how can you not have the clearance?" Carter said the president is a temp. They are there for no more than 8 years. Being a temp, you don't get the same clearance as a lifer.

The guy who told us the story? TV news show producer who was working at Nightline when the Majestic docs were sent to his office.

Totally reliable, absolutely believable.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Here's a link to a site with an interesting article by astrophysicist Bernard Haisch on this exact topic. It's called "Would the President be Briefed on a UFO Special Access Program?"

www.ufoskeptic.org...

I highly recommend all of the articles on Haisch's site.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

There are all kinds of things that the President and other folks are purposefully not told. He can then honestly say that there is no evidence and not be lying. Happens all day every day in government, in corporations, everywhere.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
When LBJ had Kennedy killed that was the coup-de-tat

The Military Industrial Complex wanted escalation in Vietnam...for the dough...and LBJ wanted JFK's job, and had been recognized way back by Eisenhower (edit) or was it Truman, as a man who would do anything to get what he wanted.

The rest of the "Federal government" is a theatrical. to make us think we have one, they arn't supposed to actually do anything other than what they are told.

Doubters should Google "deathbed tape of E Howard hunt"

[edit on 28-1-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The simple answer is that any acting figurehead generally is not in office long enough to be trusted with national security information - especially info regarding ET.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Its quite simple really.

There are more powerful men and secret shadowy groups here in the USA than the President himself.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Because the President isn't the highest office in the country.

US Presidents are simply the front men and do as they are told.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join