It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Hackers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I looked and didn't see it posted so here goes.

www.maximumpc.com...

Apparently the Chinese may have played a role in the security breach of the google search engine. I believe this may be because google refuses to censor the engine in China. Again sorry if it has been posted before. The news is a bit old. A later article said that Yahoo supposedly knew about the exploit before hand but said nothing. This whole situation seems to be pretty bad especially for those of us that hate the censorship of media.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
they also unit in the Command and Conquer Generals

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
they also unit in the Command and Conquer Generals

hahah oh snap. I remember having fields of nearly hundreds of them for show. haha.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Lets call them what they really are Chinese government hackers.

There are few independent hackers in china.

There government runs a network of hackers to attack other countries, there people and commit crimes.

Any independent hackers when caught are put to use by the government as part of there criminal sentence.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Any independent hackers when caught are put to use by the government as part of there criminal sentence.

I am pretty sure that "standard" anywhere. Hell in high school I got to be the junior tech assistant after "hacking" into the schools network. I have heard of a few other cases where hackers get jobs after committing some crime. Who better to mess with your stuff than guys who can tear it down? That means they know it pretty damn well!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the "dissidents" living in china i wish that our governments were doing more to give unfettered proxy access to those clever enough to find it.

I play world in conflict online and there is a server in the rep of china holding games, i logged onto the server to play and within a few minutes noticed suspicious activity on my pc.
I discovered that someone was attempting to take control of an exploit i didnt know was there i now use peerblock to shut out as much of the rep of china as possible.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
China, Russia and the States have been involved in a 'cyber-war' for the past few years. The Chinese are hacking US businesses, military and govt resources. They are conducting industrial and commercial espionage. By the sounds of it, I'd suggest that they are also winning.

The Google accounts that were hacked, belonged to two Chinese disidents. The Chinese would be seek to prevent their activities and have further access to location of contacts, family etc. It was a very intimidating move.

Search these sites for more information...I'm on the mailing lists and have read about the 'cyber war' for years..it's real.

Dark Reading

The Register

Slashdot

Brian Krebs

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-E-I-Owned-You

I am pretty sure that "standard" anywhere. Hell in high school I got to be the junior tech assistant after "hacking" into the schools network. I have heard of a few other cases where hackers get jobs after committing some crime. Who better to mess with your stuff than guys who can tear it down? That means they know it pretty damn well!

Not really. If they catch you, they will prosecute you nowadays. They *may* give you a reduced sentence if you confess and tell them how you did it if they don't know already. The court system can even keep you offline after your hard prison time for the rest of your life. In the late 80's/early 90's a couple people might have received job offers this way but the 2nd rate hackers, the ones who get caught, almost always face prison with the forensic capabilities nowadays. The 1st rate hackers never get caught or are outside the US justice system's reach. It is a bad way to further a computer career.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GTORick

Originally posted by A-E-I-Owned-You

Not really. If they catch you, they will prosecute you nowadays. They *may* give you a reduced sentence if you confess and tell them how you did it if they don't know already. The court system can even keep you offline after your hard prison time for the rest of your life. In the late 80's/early 90's a couple people might have received job offers this way but the 2nd rate hackers, the ones who get caught, almost always face prison with the forensic capabilities nowadays. The 1st rate hackers never get caught or are outside the US justice system's reach. It is a bad way to further a computer career.

I have to go to sleep now, but I totally want to debate this as I do not agree.

For another day I suppose. (like tomorrow. well, today technically)

[edit on 23-1-2010 by A-E-I-Owned-You]

top topics

join