It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apologie

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Thanks for being a voice of reason, Ban.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Being in academia, I have to say that this is the worst thing anyone can do in my field. I hope you learn from this, credibility and integrity are key to ones reputation, especially when debating.

link   
HEY! you now have a "warn" label on your profile. What's that supposed to do?

link   
Ive seen cma in several posts ive been following. Most of his replies were helpful and added to the conversation, but now I wonder if they were his thoughts or someone elses. Ill reserve judgement.

-Z Out

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Dude, you spelled apology wrong. I am embarassed for you. Thanks for the apology, and watch those uncontrollable cut and paste operations. I know my left hand can become posessed from time to time. That's all I have to say.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
When was I was at uni they had a whole section on plagiarism. They actually suspended someone when he got busted. It is considered to be one of the most serious offenses in academia.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
whttp...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread53560/pg1 whttp...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread53677/pg1
any one see any of these???and he is only apologising about one thread
maybe just me but looks like he'll do anything for points

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by deadcatsrule]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I tried to open it but it comes up as page cannot be displayed.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Editted to remove post that made NO sense.

[Edited on 27-5-2004 by intrepid]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think the larger question (not to minimize the issue of plagiarism) is quality of posts. cma, your average of 196 posts per day (registered for 24 hrs.) is truly mind-boggling. That prodigious amount cannot be born of a vast depth, and breadth of knowledge, nor at your apparent age, the wisdom of years. ATS is a forum for ideas to be exchanged, through research, and personal experience. How can you comment with integrity on so many topics?

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gvret
I tried to open it but it comes up as page cannot be displayed.
ATS closed it sorry

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
so what was the deal with it? Why is it closed?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
I think the larger question (not to minimize the issue of plagiarism) is quality of posts. cma, your average of 196 posts per day (registered for 24 hrs.) is truly mind-boggling. That prodigious amount cannot be born of a vast depth, and breadth of knowledge, nor at your apparent age, the wisdom of years. ATS is a forum for ideas to be exchanged, through research, and personal experience. How can you comment with integrity on so many topics?

I was just about to post the same observation.
He posted 203 posts in 1 day, got 3500+ points in one day and alot of the threads he started get reply's like you can see in the url's posted a few reply's back.

"Do you have any sources or evidence to back up those claims?"

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Let's put this to rest. Kid made a mistake. We are here to educate, enjoy, not to throw stones, make ourselvse feel better about ourselve by bashing another. I would like to see this closed. Didn't you ever make a mistake? Older you are, the more you made, I'M SATAN. Kidding.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Just a question, cma, you say they took 1200 points from you but you still have about 1500. How in the world did you get 2700 points in less than two days of being here?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I think he placed more than 190 posts in 24 hours. Wow

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Could have bet them in Reno.

Gotta sleep, later all.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by intrepid]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
K guys.
Time to let this rest.
The problems have been dealt with now, let's just move on.

-B.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Just because you author something doesn't mean you own it either. Many websites and many more periodicals insist that you give-up rights to your work for the privilege of being published. Publishers may also aquire the rights to your intelectual property through contract negotiation or they may purchase rights that you may have given-up.

READ DISCLAIMERS, CONTRACTS, and USE AGREEMENTS where applicable!

You might be surprised by how many "rights" you can loose by not actively securing them.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
K guys.
Time to let this rest.
The problems have been dealt with now, let's just move on.

As Banshee said...let's give it a rest, ok?

And now, the jedi mind-trick:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join