It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military-style spy planes 'to be used to target civilians in the UK' Read more: http://www.dailym

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
OK, to me this is just wrong, using military spy planes to spy on certain individuals, so they say, but i can see these things being used for other purposes, general spying on people which in my opinion is in breach of peoples right of privacy and more i shouldn't wonder, I don't know but do they do this in the US already? if so and as a general question what does one do about it? We here in the UK don't have the right to bare arms but if we could i for one would do my damnedest to shoot the bloody things down.

But then again is this just another of those things they are using to scare people, some say the thought of someone watching you will stop you from doing something in the first place, while others say if your not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. I just happen to think its wrong in so many ways.
Military style spy planes to be used in the UK

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo5842
i for one would do my damnedest to shoot the bloody things down.

At anything up to 20,000 feet these things would be invisible to the naked eye from the ground, I doubt UAV's like this even glint in the sun... If you were lucky enough to be looking through bino's at the right spot in the sky you could see it maybe.

Then there is the small matter of hitting it! And to be honest if your packing the odd surface to air missile I would say you actually do need your activities monitoring

I'd be pinning my hopes on some sort of accident or mechanical failure personally - I don't want any one to get hurt, just I want to see the public outrage when one of these falls out of the sky - Oh please let it be right on the pitch from a big sporting event! - Live cameras and the works

join