It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cobwebs on your face

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Can anybody shed light on what causes or lies behind the sensation I get which is akin to that of having a cobweb brush across your face. I have had this happen to me on a very frequent basis for years and having watched an interview with David Icke who mentioned the same phenomena, which caught my interest as I did not mange to find anything on the internet.

This is normally followed up with what feels like a light touching on my head and feet.

And NO, there are now spiders and/or cobwebs in my house!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Archangel

If it's happening indoors, I expect the most likely cause is from a fallen hair or eyelash tickling the skin. Spiderwebs and strands occur indoors too. The tiny 'money spider' uses web threads to travel from high point to high point. During late summer, the little beggars remain unseen but cover wide areas with threads. It only takes a couple of threads and doesn't require a house full of visible spiders.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

www.victorzammit.com...

Ectoplasm.

The word ectoplasm from the Greek meaning literally “exteriorized substance” was coined by Professor Charles Richet, Professor of Physiology at the Sorbonne in Paris, a winner of the Nobel Prize and member of the prestigious Institute de France who investigated it for thirty years.

Richet's conclusion was:

There is ample proof that experimental materialization (ectoplasmic) should take definite rank as a scientific fact. Assuredly we do not understand it. It is very absurd, if a truth can be absurd (Richet 1927: 112).

In its primary stage he found that it is invisible and intangible but even then it can be photographed by infrared rays and weighed. In its secondary stage it becomes either vaporous or liquid or solid, with a smell somewhat akin to ozone. In its final stages, when it can be seen and felt, it has the appearance of muslin and feels like a mass of cobwebs. At other times it is moist and cold and, on rare occasions, dry and hard. Its temperature is usually about 40 degrees Fahrenheit (Butler 1947: 75) which accounts for the observation of drop of temperature around physical phenomena

I was reading a book a little while ago titled "Your psychic powers and how to develop them"...there was a chapter involving materialization and cobwebs...often when a group tries a materialization ritual they will experience cobweb sensations which seem to cover their face and hands. As you can see, the link I've provided their also talks about materialization, and relates the cobweb effect to ectoplasm. So, it's possible that maybe a spirit close to you is trying to manifest/materialize it's self in a physical sense in order to be seen, and maybe have an effect on the physical word...and it maybe be using your vital energy in order to manifest its self...because in the chapter I read...it was important for the group to use their vital energy in order to materialize the being...

[edit on 23/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

This feeling of cobwebs on your face could be parasites. They live in your skin and can feel like faint sensations wiggling around in the skin.

Here is a case of such skin parasites. Watch at your own risk. (warning do not eat or drink while watching this video.)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Thanks for the posts friend, but they are nothing like that. The cobweb sensation is in tandem with the a broad stroking feeling on my bare feet and the top of my head. The sensations happens in my home (and occasionally other locations) when I am alone and relaxed either on the laptop or whilst reading.

I have no spiders in my home or any variety (but thanks for the post)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

wow that video was nasty

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ulsterman

Indeed it was and if I was suffering from a bout of worm face, I'd be heading off to the nearest clinic. Hmm nasty

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is the David Icke interview with Project Camelot in which he mentions the same experience he had with the 'cobwebs' and the most similer account I have found which is similar to mine.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Sorry but no way am I clicking on that video Yuck!

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRandomUser

Go on. Do it. You know you want to.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Thats a traditional Malay treatment using an earth roach. The guy doesn't have worms in his face. The stuff being rubbed on his face is actually juice from a roaches stomach. The eggs react with the air and the worms come to life. Hocus Pocus mumbo jumbo, no better than the psychic surgery.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I will admit to feeling a cobweb type sensation on my face from time to time but I never can see or find the cobweb to prove to myself that in was indeed a cobweb. As such I can honestly say that it has caught my attention from time to time, but I have never felt or suffered any negative affect after feeling the sensation that I just walked into a spider web.

With regard to the sensations in the legs and such, all I can say is that I have felt what could best be described as someone tugging or brushing my skin as if to get my attention and when this happens I of course look around for bugs and such and when I can find nothing I make note that it is not the first time I have felt such skin sensations or tugging on clothing sensations.

Since I can never put a cause on any of these strange sensations I have pretty much kept this matter to myself. Now that I realize others are also experiencing similar spider web and tugging sensations, I feel it prudent to acknowledge my own experiences with such similar sensations. Thanks for the memories.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

No worries MaxBlack. I often get this sensation when in a relaxed/mediative state and agree that it has never been followed any sense of negativity, although that is something I felt on other occasions. The 'cobweb' sensation is usually a nice, welcome sensation and I'm sure more common than most people expect.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Archangel

Originally posted by TheRandomUser

Go on. Do it. You know you want to.

Yep. You're right. I did! Its no worse than those faces of death videos that I used to watch back in the day..LOL. Wow. I cant beleive I watched those.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Not brand of viewing, but each to their own. Although I cant resist YouTube videos of cysts and supersized blackheads spraying their toothpaste everywhere

I supose that me and my cobwebs will have watch them together. It'ed be good if there was some links out there on the topic though for a spot of research.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I have the sensation myself on many occasions and thought that it was just me. I would be good if one of the more learned ATS'ers could provide any information on the topic as it is something I have almost daily, and no, it isnt physical cobwebs before anybody says and I certainly dont have any worms in my skin.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Thanks for the posts friend, but they are nothing like that. The cobweb sensation is in tandem with the a broad stroking feeling on my bare feet and the top of my head. The sensations happens in my home (and occasionally other locations) when I am alone and relaxed either on the laptop or whilst reading.

I have no spiders in my home or any variety (but thanks for the post)

About six months after a very close friend of mine was killed, I started having these kinds of sensations as I walked in the late evening through our sub-division. There are no sidewalks, and since it is a restricted entry series of residential streets, where you walk is right down the middle of the street, and at least 30 yards from any trees or structures, so I know these cobwebs weren't part to anything that a spider could attach itself to and still be available for me to walk through.

Besides, there were five separate and very distinct moments, that each lasted at least 15 minutes, where the cobweb "brush strokes" seemed to be very interactive and moved from one hand to the next and then against my face and then across one arm of the other as I talked with whatever it was that might be making it happen. This was as I stood in the middle of the street after pausing due to how deliberate the contact seemed to become.

My friend died under violent circumstances, and I never got the chance to say goodbye to her. I guess I prefer to believe that it was her, but like the OP states, there's not much on the Internet about this phenomenon. In fact, at first I was concerned that I might be having a stroke, since I had no idea that this sort of thing is known in some circles to be paranormal. I was pretty relieved when I discovered a very small reference to it on a cached page after searching for stroke indicators.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by NorEaster]

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
yeh it's a very wierd sensation hey, i'm sure most people have had it, normally it's just an eye lash or hair that's on your face and your body can feel it but not quite pin point the location giving a cobweb effect and you brush it off without realising

of course there are others out there who belive it's walking through a ghost that gives that effect.

and as many believe the human spirit is somewhere in ours heads that's why we get the feeling there

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

x) That video was so gross. lol

I was literally screaming "Get it! Get that *** ** * *****!" when the worms were wiggling around all over his face and the guy didn't do anything for a while.

I wonder what formula he used to get the parasites out...

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Can anybody shed light on what causes or lies behind the sensation I get which is akin to that of having a cobweb brush across your face. I have had this happen to me on a very frequent basis for years and having watched an interview with David Icke who mentioned the same phenomena, which caught my interest as I did not mange to find anything on the internet.

This is normally followed up with what feels like a light touching on my head and feet.

And NO, there are now spiders and/or cobwebs in my house!

It sounds like you have a cervical spine injury, I know I have had the same sensation on my legs and was told by my neurologist it was due to my low back injury.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join