It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Triangular craft" over "Dublin" : video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The website of the Metro newspaper in the UK has an article about a video on Youtube.

The article states that the thing(s) shown in the video is "actually is a triangular craft moving at mind-boggling speed near the River Liffey in Dublin"

Sorry, but it isn't.

The article includes the following:

UFO spotted above Dublin as Ireland turns X-Files

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Actually is a triangular craft moving at mind-boggling speed near the River Liffey in Dublin.

At first all that can be seen are a few twinkling stars, but seconds later, the nightscope used for the filming zooms in to reveal a strange triangle-shaped crafted dotted with bright lights.

Whatever it is, it’s in an almighty rush, because it’s travelling at an astonishing speed.

Nick Pope - the man dubbed as Britain’s answer to Fox Mulder from the X-Files - who used to examine UFO sightings for the MoD, told The Sun: "The video seems to have been taken through a night scope and presumably shows things not visible to the naked eye.

"It appears to show a structured craft moving at incredible speed. The configuration of the lights is unlike any aircraft I've ever seen.

"It's either some secret prototype aircraft or drone, or something considerably more exotic."

The relevant video is on Youtube:

It already has been reposted on Youtube by other users that have added details to the title, e.g. one copy has added a date of 22 January 2010.

In fact, the video has been online for a while (with other details, stating it was filmed above Fremont, California in 2008):

The same user posted other videos filmed using the same night vision, including the one below that he accepted (and more clearly shows) birds flying in formation:

Notice any similarities to the "Dublin" video?

I don't know how the author of the Metro article could state as a fact that the object was moving at "an astonishing speed". Without knowing the distance of the object(s), it is not possible to estimate its speed...

By the way, this video is just the latest in a recent trend of reposting old "UFO" videos on Youtube but with new details, e.g. changing "over Paris" to somewhere in England and then informing the local paper that publishes the story without being aware of any previous discussion of the video.

The video in the Dublin article has been discussed previously on ATS, with several people (including Internos) putting forward an explanation based on migratory birds (e.g. in this thread).

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 23-1-2010 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
That second video was definitely birds, but I don't think the first video was. It was flying wayyy too fast to have been birds, and was not a standard bird formation.. Not to mention the formation stayed perfect the whole time.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
It was flying wayyy too fast to have been birds

On what basis do you estimate the speed of the object(s)?

Not to mention the formation stayed perfect the whole time.

It certainly maintains formation better than one or two other nightvision videos I've seen - including the latter example.

I'm not sure if it "stayed perfect".

Between about 40 and 50 seconds, it is not clear to me whether a few of the lights change their relative positions slightly.

It should be possible to take a few stills from that period to allow a comparison. If I get the time (there rarely seems to be any spare time these days...), I might try this.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Anyone notice the lil' website that they link to?

Viral Kings

Expect an out-of-this-world Guinness this Saint Paddy's day.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
The modern aeronautic "V" formation was inspired by birds: the formation has a specific meaning and purpose, and some elements of the formation play a specific role.

Most of us have probably seen large groups of migrating birds like geese or ducks flying in formation. These large groups of birds are particularly common in late autumn and early winter when birds migrate from their summer habitat in Canada to the warmer climate of the southern United States. Such groups of birds will typically fly in a large "V" shape with one bird in the lead and others trailing behind in two lines.

Snow geese flying in formation

Scientists who have studied formation flight believe that birds fly in this way for two reasons. The first reason is that the shape of the formation reduces the drag force that each bird experiences compared to if it were flying alone. This decrease in drag occurs thanks to the formation of wingtip vortices

Creation of trailing vortices due to a difference in pressure above and below a lifting surface

These vortices are generally undesirable because they create a downwash that increases the induced drag on a wing in flight. However, this downwash is also accompanied by an upwash that can be beneficial to a second wing flying behind and slightly above the first.

Regions of upwash and downwash created by trailing vortices

A bird flying in one of these upwash regions essentially gains free lift so that it can fly at a lower angle of attack. As angle of attack is reduced, the induced drag is also lowered so that the bird does not need to flap its wings as hard or as often to generate the thrust needed for forward flight. Flapping the wings less often means that the bird's muscles do not work as hard and its heart rate drops. As a result, the bird does not tire as quickly and is able to fly farther.

Researchers explored this theory by monitoring pelican heartbeats during flight. Examination of the data showed that the heart rates of pelicans flying in formation were much lower than that of a bird flying alone. Other studies have estimated that a flock of 25 birds in formation can fly as much as 70% further than a solo bird using the same amount of energy.

Theoretical investigations further support these observations of birds in formation flight. By spacing themselves apart properly, birds can achieve optimum positions that reduce the drag of every bird in the formation. However, not all birds benefit equally. Your speculation about the lead bird being in the best position is actually incorrect. This bird has to work the hardest since it flies into undisturbed air. The upwash that this bird creates improves the aerodynamics of the two behind it, and these two further improve conditions for the next two birds in line.

Reduction in induced drag for birds in formation

The majority of the benefit goes to the birds further aft, but the front bird does still gain some reduction in drag. The presence of the two birds flanking the leader helps to dissipate the downwash off the lead bird's wingtips and reduces the induced drag this bird experiences. These two flanking birds also benefit from a similar reduction in drag if outboard birds flank them as well. In other words, the birds in the middle of each of the lines forming the V are in the best position. These birds benefit from the upwash off the lead birds as well as off the trailing birds. This additional bonus means that birds in the middle experience less drag than either the lead bird or the bird at the end of each line.

Full article - V-Formation Flight of Birds

In this video there's no way to determine the speed of the formation: all we can say is that they "look to be fast" which, basically, means nothing. In order to estabilish the speed of an object we must know how far it's gone and how long it took to get there: can we determine this basing our assessment on what we see? NO. All we know is that for some reasons (not neccessarly because it was nighttime) the video was taken in night vision, which impedes any serious evaluation of the REAL appearance of the object, and even if it was night, there's to say that there are also breeds of birds that migrate night time:

The geese are definitely built for this long distance travel. They can reach up to 60mph during their flights, and can reach an altitude of 8,000 feet. They can fly at night, and can fly for up to 16 hours in a stretch

www.bellaonline.com...
www.saskschools.ca...
As explained in the article, perhaps one day we will be able to develop advanced technologies that make aircraft as sensitive to their surroundings as the body of a bird is today: we still lag behind nature, and birds ability to keep flying in formation is to day way more advanced than our technology's one.

[edit on 23/1/2010 by internos]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Anyone notice the lil' website that they link to?

Viral Kings

Expect an out-of-this-world Guinness this Saint Paddy's day.

Yes, the link to a website containing the word "viral" caught my eye and was the reason I took a bit of time looking into it... (Over the last decade, I've traced several "UFO" videos back to viral advertising campaigns for computer games, movies and events - this is one of the things I focus upon).

However, the present video was merely recently REPOSTED on the "viral kings" website - it had been posted on Youtube quite a while ago by a user that has filmed various videos.

I haven't seen any evidence that this particular video was originally filmed/created as part of a viral advertising campaign.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
This is some nice footage though, was this footage not on UFO Hunters and supposedly taken in california??

I did see dublin footage a few years back that was supposed to be the best proof possible but that footage looked more like the ufo triangle footage taken over belgium. Three white lights in a triangle with a red light in the centre.

The main thing we need to confirm is "is this footage from dublin, or is this the ufo hunters footage taken over california".

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hi Isaac,

Might have known you'd already be on it!!

Anyway, I wrote the same a little earlier.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There is another existing thread on this that Zorgon posted 19 Dec 2008. For anyone who wants to read through it, here you go:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
There is another existing thread on this that Zorgon posted 19 Dec 2008. For anyone who wants to read through it, here you go:

Thanks for the link to an extra thread.

As I mentioned in my OP, "The video in the Dublin article has been discussed previously on ATS".

The point of the thread was simply to indicate that the NEW stories (that appeared in several newspapers in the United Kingdom during late January 2010, including "The Sun" and the "Metro") about a "Dublin" UFO video were in fact about the video that has been covered in the previous discussions of the 2008 Fremont, California video.

Not everyone knew that last week when I started this thread - including a few UFO experts that have been commenting on the "Dublin" video in the media...

I thought this information justified a brief new thread with "Dublin" in the title - to make it easier to find in searches on ATS.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you posted it. Especially for the people who have not seen this before. That's why I looked for the old Zorgon link, because I remember it was a lengthy and interesting thread, and would be nice to share with the rest of the community.

Regarding the video, I'm still on the fence. There were good arguments on all sides - Top secret aircraft, aircraft flying in formation, flock of birds, etc.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Just to add to this thread as i know that this video has been discussed .
the two videos posted here 1 of the op video and 1 found Oakland 28.05.2010
notice they both look the same.
OP video

Oakland 28.05.2010 Video

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

IsaacKoi…..

I did not notice your thread until I was linked to it by ATS member k3rm1t (thanks mate!)

Regarding this video which is the subject of your thread:

I established 2 threads about this object:

One in the UFO’s & Aliens forum:

UFO In Night Vision Video

One in the aircraft forum:

What Is The Identity Of The Delta-Shaped Craft In This Video?

In these threads, we learned that ATS member dede95064 was the person who took the video & who also appeared briefly in the “UFO Hunters” TV show.

In the next post, I will post the dialogue with dede95064 for your interest & reference.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

IsaacKoi…..

Here is a post by dede95064:

Originally posted by dede95064
hello all,

yes i did film this. i am here to try and clear up any confusion surrounding my videos. any specific questions?

i'll address some comments that have been made so far:

-i am not ed grimsley. he did not film this clip, nor was he present when i did film it. i have been out on two "skywatches" of his though. it's funny because i specifically told him that i had shot this video but he didn't seem to react too much to it. he was aware of my videos. specifically, the "migratory birds..." video he thought was geese. i now have a feeling that that's what they were but i'm still open to the possibility that i could be wrong. that's why i left it up for others to decide.

- as for what i think the one we're currently talking about is, i still see it as a ufo as i don't know what it is. if i had to guess, i would probably say a secret government plane. i have seen other craft that have left me more convinced that it was not from our government. in comparison, this one seems more "primitive".

-i filmed this in my backyard. i had been out for less than an hour when i spotted the ufo in question. you guys are funny. i can assure you that it was not an rc plane. somebody tossing their pizza slice over my backyard? maybe.

-the reason it doesn't have audio is because:
initially i decided to remove the audio from my videos as i thought it was not important. i figured since you couldn't hear these craft, what was the point? i soon realized that more people needed more proof of authenticity and so now i'm including audio in future uploads. i have the original with audio if the need presents itself for me to reupload but i'll wait and see if that's necessary. so far, it hasn't been the case.

-i submitted a digital copy with audio and all to the now canceled show "ufo hunters". you can check out that episode to see the clip there.

-the craft was not visible to my eyes. the night vision devices can pick up a VERY limited range of infrared even though they are specifically light amplifiers.

-if any of you are local and have an rc plane, we can get together and film at night to compare. i live in fremont, ca.

flying pizza....

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

IsaacKoi…..

Here is another post wherein Free Spirit offers some further comments:

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by muggl3z

Muggl3z.....

As per my previous posts in the other thread, I was mistaken in that Grimsley did not film this.

The film was made by an ATS member….. dede95064

I corrected this error & commenced a dialogue with dede95064 in the following post:

Here’s the dialogue inserted in this thread for your convenience:

Free Spirit.....

Thank you for taking the time to drop in & add your expert commentary.

I didn't realise Grimsley didn't film this.....I shalll have to read things more carefully.

It would be a good idea if you ask the videographer himself dede95064 about his footage wich was recorded on December 12, 2008 in Fremont, CA. dede95064 is a member of ATS and I wonder if he still thinks this is a UFO or changed his mind.

I will see if I can find dede95064 on ATS & ask him.

On his YT homepage, dede95064 stated the following:

i filmed this in calistoga, ca on 8/21/09 during one of ed grimsley's "skywatches". it was my second time there. check out his site for more info: www.edgrimsley.com

--update 9/2/09--
this may be some kind of orbital object (rocket/satellite) of some sort but it's going faster than most of the satellites i've seen.
i'll update the description once i have gathered more evidence
www.youtube.com...

I talked to Ed Grimsley at the UFO Conference in Laughlin Nevada in February but Ed didn't remember to have seen this triangular object during that skywatch, Ed also told me he doesn't know this guy dede95064 and have many doubts about this footage he thinks may be a RC Model and because there is no audio it's hard to tell if this was or not a RC model, other nightvision skywatchers also think this was a RC model.

I agree this could be an RC plane. However I don't know how we could confirm or exclude that possibility.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Free Spirit.....

Thanks again for your corrective info.

I just wrote to dede95064 as follows:

Hi dede95064
For quite some time I have been interested in identifying the delta-shaped object as per my following thread:
I'd always thought Ed gGrimsley filmed it.
However, Free Spirit advises me that you filmed it.
I subsequently checked on your YT home page.....it seems FS is correct.
I would be very grateful if you were able to find time to drop into the thread & offer your thoughts, commentary, conclusions, etc...
Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

It will be interesting to see his reply.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by free_spirit

This is the first release of the triangular UFO infrared footage by dede95064 as I said
on December 5, 2008 in Fremont, CA according to his testimonial.

dede95064 — filmed 12/5/08 in fremont, ca.

Once dede95064 released his footage a lot of copies were made by many people and
websites including the alleged Dublin/Ireland triangle UFO infrared video that was just
another copy of dede95064. I hope he can reply and give a new testimonial about this
controversial footage.

The Calistoga, CA footage is from August 21, 2009 but no the triangle UFO just some
strange objects at night.

hello all,

yes i did film this. i am here to try and clear up any confusion surrounding my videos. any specific questions?

i'll address some comments that have been made so far:

-i am not ed grimsley. he did not film this clip, nor was he present when i did film it. i have been out on two "skywatches" of his though. it's funny because i specifically told him that i had shot this video but he didn't seem to react too much to it. he was aware of my videos. specifically, the "migratory birds..." video he thought was geese. i now have a feeling that that's what they were but i'm still open to the possibility that i could be wrong. that's why i left it up for others to decide.

- as for what i think the one we're currently talking about is, i still see it as a ufo as i don't know what it is. if i had to guess, i would probably say a secret government plane. i have seen other craft that have left me more convinced that it was not from our government. in comparison, this one seems more "primitive".

-i filmed this in my backyard. i had been out for less than an hour when i spotted the ufo in question. you guys are funny. i can assure you that it was not an rc plane. somebody tossing their pizza slice over my backyard? maybe.

-the reason it doesn't have audio is because:
initially i decided to remove the audio from my videos as i thought it was not important. i figured since you couldn't hear these craft, what was the point? i soon realized that more people needed more proof of authenticity and so now i'm including audio in future uploads. i have the original with audio if the need presents itself for me to reupload but i'll wait and see if that's necessary. so far, it hasn't been the case.

-i submitted a digital copy with audio and all to the now canceled show "ufo hunters". you can check out that episode to see the clip there.

-the craft was not visible to my eyes. the night vision devices can pick up a VERY limited range of infrared even though they are specifically light amplifiers.

-if any of you are local and have an rc plane, we can get together and film at night to compare. i live in fremont, ca.

Originally posted by free_spirit

Actually they (UFO Hunters) didn't mention your name or nickname dede95064 neither
the location or date, just showed the clip wich suggests they got it on YouTube, this is
regrettable don't you think? However they mentioned another guy named Pablo who
recorded a similar video in Livermore CA, they showed, commented and analyzed the
clip even with a FLIR expert, the main subject of this segment was Pablo's footage not
yours and it seems they just used your video as illustration.

To me this results very dissapointing UNLESS you are Pablo, are you? Here is the UFO
Hunters segment with Pablo's footage and yours too.

In my opinion dede95064 your footage is more famous than Pablo's but it is still
controversial and I would like to ask you why haven't you come forward in public like
Ed Grimsley, Bill Roehling and other night vision skywatchers? We need to know who
and where all the time to have grounds to judge the evidences, the background of the
witness is required in the research, an anonymous evidence is by default dismissed as
not trustable, you should know that. If you fear to ridicule or criticism then I think
you are not convinced of your evidences and that would be regrettable. Look what
happened in the UFO Hunters show, dede95064 was not even mentioned and it's not
an issue of becoming famous but to do justice to your footage.

they didn't need to mention my youtube name as i gave them my real name. and yes i am pablo. they changed some of the details as i told them i didn't want my specifics mentioned (even though they still used my real name).

the main reason i have not made this more public or have "come forward" with this stuff is that i have other commitments i am finishing up that keep me away from some of this stuff. once i am finished with these, i will resume filming and be more publicly available if the need arises.

there are a lot of exciting things ahead for me regarding this kind of venture, and so i look forward to starting them real soon.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
I established 2 threads about this object:

One in the UFO’s & Aliens forum:

UFO In Night Vision Video

One in the aircraft forum:

What Is The Identity Of The Delta-Shaped Craft In This Video?

In these threads, we learned that ATS member dede95064 was the person who took the video & who also appeared briefly in the “UFO Hunters” TV show.

Thanks for the links and your summary of the information that emerged in those threads.

I found it a bit irritating that the hoaxer in Ireland trying to pass off the video as a sighting over Dublin hadn't even bothered to create an original video to support his hoax.

There seem to have quite a few recent examples of such lazy hoaxers...

All the best,

Isaac

top topics

join