It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your own words.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
This may seem like a social experiment, but I'm genuinely curious what people would say or ask an extra terrestrial were they ever given the opportunity.

Personally I think I would ask, if they had to go through as much trial and error/tribulation as we seem to have.

Please feel free to use up all the space you want. I would have posted more but that pretty much sums it up for me!

Fingers crossed for some mind benders

Edit: Sniped in under a day, for a thread with a different premise. Oh well...

[edit on 23-1-2010 by JunoJive]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JunoJive

Have they been here in our past? Why did they take so long to make contact? How did they evolve? And finally the one we have all been asking ourselves for years.

What the hell is with all the "Anal Probing"?

[edit on 23-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

[edit on 23-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

Amen bro

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I don't know exactly how it went but Eddie Griffin once said the reason you only see ufo's and never witness an encounter because we are looking at the Aliens earth/zoo tours. Yet every now and then you get a curious alien telling the driver to land so he can say hello. It is at this point that the driver turns around and slaps that curious mofo over the back of the head and says, "You fool! Whats the matter with you? You see what they do to the blacks and browns.... We are purple what the hell you think they are going to do to us?"

I personally would tell them to stop being greedy and load the peace pipe with some of that killer out of this world space dust and then I'd been them over and show them how a probing is really done.

HAHA Yeah

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JunoJive

Well , after reading so many Horror Stories about supposed Alien intentions concerning us Po Earthlings , the first question I Might ask to one of them would be ..........Your not going to Eat me , Right ? If I got an answer in the Negative , then my next question would be ..... Why are you here , and what is you True Intent in making Open Contact ? Would I get an answer , or just another one of their Anal Probes ? ..........

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I would ask.

"Can I go ride around with you guys in your "UFO" for a while?
And can I bring a video camera? "

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I would ask them,
How come it took a while to contact us?
How is the technology and sciences different from ours.
If they will make themselves public.
A bit about there 'history, culture, advancements, and if they're united as a "planet."'
How they learned to communicate with us. (Studying us possibly would be obvious
)

-SD

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
i'd take him to quiet place with a desk and ask him to explain the history of our planet from their perspective and to be as long winded as possible and allow me to record it and take notes.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Would you taste nice with barbecue sauce??

Seriously though, I'd ask why the practical jokes when it comes to making contact with us.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I'd ask all the usual ones first...

Can I have a go of your ship?

Will you take David Icke with you please?

Can you give me some ideas that'll make me rich and attractive to movie starlets?

The serious ones are something I've thought about for a while (after reading Iain M. Banks).

"In the future will we overcome politics?
Will we evolve past politicians?
Will we share a part of the galaxy with others in peace?
Will Post-Scarcity?
Will we always hurt each other or can we get past it?
Does your world point the way for more people being happier in our world than there is right now?"

I'd be asking all these questions, because as much as I'm fascinated by what other worlds are like...I live on this one and give a big #### about it!

Maybe the best question is just, "Hiya, how are you?"

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I like to call em, butt munchers. Their what three feet high? Perfect.

I'd ask if I could barrow their ride for little while, then use it to hit an armored truck. All the witnesses would be saying,"It was aliens what did
it ". Perfect crime.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Can I get a pair of those wicked sunglasses?

and...

Ever heard of "The Domain?"

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I personally think our "loftiest" Human questions would ring immature and even retarded to any intelligence capable of defying physical laws at will.

It would be a bit like us finally opening up fluent communications with raccoons and inviting them to ask any questions they wished. The raccoons would gather 'round excitedly and pose their queries something like this:

Why do you humans make garbage cans so difficult to open? Plastic wrappers get stuck in my teeth — What are plastic wrappers? Dogs scare us — Why don't you get rid of the dogs? Can you humans make more easily-accessible garbage cans? Why do you keep running over us with your cars? Why do you shoot us? And, about the garbage cans.....

We would get weary of this dialogue pretty quickly, once we realized that the loftiest raccoon questions always revolve around raccoon survival. It's very unlikely that raccoons would have any useful information for us, which might cause us to question the usefulness of opening a dialogue with raccoons in the first place.

We humans would scratch our heads and sigh: "Don't raccoons realize that there's MUCH more to the Universe and existence? We have no common ground for dialogue!"

You'd probably find the same sort of intellectual disparity between human and extraterrestrial intelligence. The aliens would probably be exasperated after our first hundred or so dumb-ass questions about God and faster-than-light propulsion and immortality and the Unified Field Theory.

ET would scratch his head and sigh: "These humans are consumed with meaningless questions about physical forces and hardware and their own mortality! Don't they realize that there's MUCH more to the Universe and existence? We have no common ground for dialogue!"

So, I think ET is probably waiting however long it takes for humans to become more interesting conversationalists.

The smartest thing we could possibly say to an alien right now is "What questions should I ask?"

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 1/23/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
The smartest thing we could possibly say to an alien right now is "What questions should I ask?"

Like your style there Doc.

However it leads to the same thing all dialogue leads to: Learning.

Were we to talk to Raccoons I'm sure we'd get a much greater insight into how they perceive the world around them, why they do the things they do and whatever happened to Cyril Sneer. We'd also be able to teach them certain skills which would benefit us (bomb disposal, mining etc.) and give them a rewards system for their efforts.

Any advances civilisation that requires workers would most certainly make a beeline for us. Which makes me think if there are interstellar visitors here they must be so incomprehensible to our current mindset as a species. that we can't even guess what they are up to.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
We'd also be able to teach them certain skills which would benefit us (bomb disposal, mining etc.) and give them a rewards system for their efforts.

Now, that is about enslavement and behavioral modification, something we humans do very well with the simple earthly creatures in our charge.

How willing would we be to become slaves to an advanced ET civilization, I wonder? Not that we'd be able to defend ourselves or refuse to cooperate. Basically, we'd just become trained pets for ET.

Not exactly the "lofty" ET relationship we tend to imagine.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Please use this thread for any further comments thank you.

If I was an alien, what would you ask me.

Thread Closed / Removed

Sauron

top topics

join