It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exploration of why the bible forbids meditation.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I just read this....

Originally posted by romanmel
When one looks for "enlightenment within" and has no real relationsip with God, he will find a decieving spirit. Man is a fallen and cursed creature needing redemption. New agers and the like bypass this truth and go right to meditation. Opening onesself up, through meditation, to allow a decieving spirit to enter is dangerous. This can cause wrong assumptions to be made. Assumptions such as "getting in touch with your higher self" instead of demon possesion, for instance. The unredeamed person has no way of descerning the spirits he entertains. He just goes by his "feelings". The OP doesn't have sufficient decernment IMO to make the leap of faith to declare his "experience" to be of God.

Firstly, since God is not an external Entity, but is as we are told the maker of all things, you and I included, then we must be a part of that God. I base this on the assumption that God is the Aware Energy of the Universe. Therefore where to look for it is answered beautifully by a quote from Jesus...

“The kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known. And you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father.” - Jesus, in ‘Thomas’, The Nag Hammadi Library.

Since most cannot see God outside themselves except for the mundane physical appearances of the planet and its "covering" then the easiest place to find God must be within us, that spark, that Breath of Life that we are.

Next..

Man is a fallen and cursed creature needing redemption.

This is the Control Drama that has been Indoctrinated into all the people who Believe.

We ask, "What is the teaching of Doctrine?"

The answer can only be "Indoctrination." We can also replace that word with this one, "Brainwashing" and then "from birth" to round out the real picture. Because by Indoctrinating our children from birth we have effectively blindfolded them, gave them limitations to abide in and frowned with intent when they looked too far outside the Box.

This is done for one reason only. Control of the masses. It used to work brilliantly too once upon a time when it was the Minister telling the plebs what God wanted from them. And then along came the shrinking world effect to provide all sorts of alternative information at the push of a button.

From my experience as an active participant in this creation at many levels of awareness, I would like to propose that We are Powerfull and this is why we have been "kept down" for so very long. It's a similar scenario to the family movie "Ants".

Opening onesself up, through meditation, to allow a decieving spirit to enter is dangerous.

Deceiving spirits are everywhere, it is just the nature of the system we call Duality. But, we do not perceive them clearly because we have limited ourselves and our understanding of all that surrounds us in the non-physical.

In essence, Souls are far too large to be squashed into our concept of how things are. Instead, only portions of Soul inhabit or empower the body and we do it ONLY for the Experience it provides "God".

The same thing is happening with these so called Deceiving Spirits. Souls like you and I that have made another choice than you did, that is playing out a role within the limitations of the Duality Stream for God to experience itself.

So, once we see this clearly we get to grow a bit more by learning that Love really is the only response needed. Fear only attracts Fear, Love cleanses Fear. Sounds a bit weird doesn't it?

Now this means that there is absolutely nothing for you to be afraid of in all of "creation". A thing can only harm you if you allow it to, but if you see through it and understand then you will love it and begin its healing into the light.

I know this all sounds very New-Agey, but I can guarantee you I am not a new-ager, nor religionist, nor a believer in any system. What I share is only from my personal experience of this unusual life so far.

I hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CognitiveInfiltrator
@DarkPassenger

I am curious, do you still practice meditation, if so, what form?

I definitely believe your experience, though. My regarding your experience is that '___' and certain other drugs can create random holes in one's aura, and that negative entities do not respect free will and thus have no qualms exploiting these holes for their own purposes.

It's sad that so often people will do drugs, Ouija board, or go to black masses for a thrill because they do not really believe in spirituality.

As far as saviors go, I find interesting the difference between the synoptic gospels (Mathew, mark, Luke) which were very heavy on details of Jesus's life, his words, helping the poor, and essentially teaching a fairly liberal version of Judaism.

Then there's John, who not only disagrees on many, many details of Jesus's life from the synoptic, (is believe to have been written much later) but also introduces the theology that Jesus is the a savior, rather than the teacher that love for others and god is the greatest commandment.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now all I do is hour long sessions just to focus my mind, clear my mind etc. I don’t know what kind of meditation that is, it’s just something I picked up when we used to experiment with it. Also, I’m weary of going into deep meditation like I used to, because of what happened those few times. I know my friend had allot of weird haunting type of experiences in his house after we did that. And I would never want to invite that into my home or someone else’s.

Personally I don’t believe in the aura thing. I believe that our soul/spirit is kind of trapped inside the body until it dies, at which point it/we are released from the limitations of this dimension. I believe that "deep" meditation kind of lets you tap into your soul. You are passing the limitations of the human brain when you can accomplish this. And also kind of experiencing things from your souls point of view.

This can be very beneficial, as you gain a perminate heighted sense of awareness from it. And I don’t believe that God would have issues with that, as prayer is basically putting yourself into a meditative state.

As far as the bible, my personal experiences have led me to be a Christian, opposed to just taking the bible at face value. My step brother had terminal cancer when I was younger and I spent allot of time at the hospital with him and he and some of the other kids would talk about seeing angels from time to time. In fact when he passed he was talking to people that none of us could see. That along with the many experiences ive discussed on this site, would make me out to be a fool to not to believe in God/Satan.

To add to that if you ever have a friend or someone who says their house is haunted, try meditating there and you will probably be able to sense its presence.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
people still read this book on how to run there lives. sad.

"'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." Leviticus 19:27

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother...he cannot be my disciple." - The Lord Jesus Christ (Luke 14:26)

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Foodman]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Nice avatar. The "original" Lolcat, if I'm not mistaken

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join