It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm calling you out, ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'm going back to lurking. I realized I can't make any difference on ATS, either my posts make some silly violation, or i get flamed. I joined because I thought this site was the answer to the questions but there are no answers, only people complaining about the questions and arguing about the problems...

Your rules about posting multiple threads based on the same information is considered a violation... yet when on google and any non-ats member searchers for, lets say NWO... a lot of different links pop up leading to ATS... I thought the point of THIS site was to spread the word and expose the liars and corrupters... so wouldn't MORE of the SAME expand the knowledge?

The more out there... even if the same, the better chance people will take it more seriously... and if it's about profit (which It HAS to be because you aren't aware of my previous statement obviously)... then wouldn't more links (even of the same thing) all over google and yahoo bring in more visitors and in turn more members which would add up more hits?

If you, the mods and owners reading this really want to change the world... then use what you got going for you... the internet because if you really want to make a difference... multiple links don't cloud a site... they expand it.

obviously the stars and flags separate the RELIABLE... from the FALSE. leave it to the people, isn't that what you're supposed to stand for anyway?

the way ATS is run reminds me of a corporation, and that's a little hypocritical since you're main supposed objective is to create awareness of corruption... not institute ridiculous rules and regulations that are a detriment to the movement.

I'm sure this will be taken down as it always is, and i'm sure the owners of his site feel they OWN the site so they make the rules... that's fine. just know that as far as i've been on ATS i've seen a lot of talk... but never action. A lot of predictions... but more failure. A lot of dissension but no resolution.

There is never a plan, and never positivity... and there are some who remain positive and out-going and friendly, but the darkness of ATS shadows the very point of us being here...

they're going to win because we can't even organize ourselves. I see more revolutionary speeches and freedom thriving messages yet i still see the hate society is burdened with... and as much as I come back and try to add more to another topic the more opposition I face...

It's not debate... and it's not argument. It's attack, dismissal, and a pure lack of respect. I may be a nobody, but i'm speaking for more than one person on here, I'm sure of that.

If you believe something is really wrong with this world... stop posting about it... and start reaching to other places other than ATS.

And i KNOW this post will get replies from members donating the same hate I am speaking of above... and some will even claim to have done a lot for the movement outside of ATS... but nothing has changed has it?

ATS is the meeting ground, but ATS itself isn't the movement... it's just a library. A library where the mods are shooshing you everytime you speak out... so take what you can from the ATS shelves... go out and SCREAM AS LOUD AS YOU CAN ELSEWHERE.

There IS something wrong with this world... and i'm not going to sit here any longer to argue with my own kind when there is a real enemy and a real threat.

I don't expect stars, and I don't expect flags. This is the last post I'll make. thanks to those who actually were positive. and to the rest... you're sheep in wolves skin... yeah you know the truth... but you don't do anything to stop it... and that's worse than being a sheep.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I fully agree with pretty much everything you said. I find the excuses for multiple threads appalling to say the least.
We are always told to add to a thread of the same topic....That's all fine and well, but when your (completely different spin) /view on that topic has to be posted on page 215...? It's kind of pointless, people who browse this site don't have the time to go and read through hundreds of pages to see what you are talking about.....

Anyway, it's a pity members like you feel they need to give up, instead of staying, and fighting for what you believe in. I guess we all boil at different temperatures...
Pity.
But good on ya for getting this off your chest before you resort to 'lurking'.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I have never done jack for anything off of ATS. This will not end well. These are both facts.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I can empathise with the OP. Sucks that he isn't going to post again.

I think it's ironic that everyone here fights for freedom of speech yet if you step out of line then you get axed.

Well, I think freedom of speech shouldn't be abused, though. If you're just going to start a riot against the religious just for the hell of it, then that's where you're just abusing freedom of speech and it shouldn't be tolerated.

Maybe I just contradicted myself. Maybe it's Maybelline.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sourcesonly

1, Dude, get an avatar. This way people will recognise you and know what opinions you hold. Mine's fairly plain....get something bright and unusual.

2, Obey the T&Cs and don't get warned. I've kicked ass on some threads and not received a warning yet. I've had one post removed, but some folk can be precious.

3, Choose your threads. Some are looooong and fantastic debates. The quality in those threads makes it an honor and a pleasure to be a part of.

4, Be willing to change your mind publicly on the boards.

5, Don't whine about other members...they enjoy it.

6, Stay away from the darker areas and threads. I honestly believe they are not healthy. If you feel a gloom or darkness hit you...quit the thread. I do and I'm happy to admit it.

7, ATS is what YOU make it. Fight and argue with the idiots. Some will never learn or change, but you can be an example of happiness, positivity and intelligence.

I could go and on, but I won't...just get an avatar...start fresh and you'll see a change. U2u me or anyone else for advice and don't be a quitter. Help to improve ATS by making a positive effort

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
6, Stay away from the darker areas and threads. I honestly believe they are not healthy. If you feel a gloom or darkness hit you...quit the thread. I do and I'm happy to admit it.

7, ATS is what YOU make it. Fight and argue with the idiots. Some will never learn or change, but you can be an example of happiness, positivity and intelligence.

True...

Well we may never know if he takes your advise. As many here know I'm constantly swimming against the tide of ATS pop culture opinion.

Great advise.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Reply to post by sourcesonly

Would you care for some cheese with that whine? I mean seriously, you go from whining about the rules you agreed to follow to attacking every member here. A rule I might add that serves good purpose since it makes it easier to navigate as it keeps the board from getting choked and it doesn't dilute discusion on the topic. This sounds like you just wanted points and are mad you could do so how you wanted. But either way, take it easy.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Why are you hating on ATS for?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Sooooo, your basicaly mad because the mod's deleted posts that you put up more than once ???

If the first post didnt take off it might mean that people just arent that interested, ... you can't try to shove your " truth" down people's throats by posting the same material time after time.

thats actualy one of my pet peeves, multiples threads on the same info, ... if members arent interested just let it go.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EraofAnarchy
Why are you hating on ATS for?

You just made my brain bleed.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
What is it with the amount of these threads lately?

reply to post by sourcesonly

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you agreed to the rules of the site when you signed up, no? Or were you forced to sign up and participate on this site against your will?

obviously the stars and flags separate the RELIABLE... from the FALSE. leave it to the people, isn't that what you're supposed to stand for anyway?

How long did you lurk before you signed up? A week or two? I could go outside right now, take a really bad picture of a bird, post it, call it a UFO, say that I was abducted, probed, am an alien's baby's daddy, and I would get seven hundred flags and ten thousand stars (give or take fifty or so).

Stars and flags aren't a reliable indicator of true and false.

As for the "silly violations" and not allowing multiple threads on the same idea (at the same time), I think that those are good rules. Despite what you appear to think, it keeps everything in line, and organized. "No multiple threads" allow people to contribute to the one thread that's dedicated to a topic, instead of having fifty threads on the exact same thing, going on concurrently, where some people could miss someone's opinion. (It's also pretty annoying to have to go through several threads that are discussing the same thing at the same time; I experienced that with the tsunami a few months back.)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Just stay on topic in your posts, be articulate, be informed, and don't "attack" other ATS members. Simple. I've posted some of the angriest, most biased stuff you can imagine over the last 3 years — filled with expletives, in fact — but as long as I didn't violate those simple rules of thumb above, I was generally rewarded with "applause" from ATS moderators.

It's when I became sloppy, went off topic, and made it personal that I received warnings. You can argue the ATS system or you can abide by it. Again, simple.

Don't be such a big baby. Grow a pair and get on with it, or get off the pot, right.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

so you come to ats to discuss matters in a highly organized and consolidated manner... not to expand knowledge to others in the world? just ats... i'm not whining, you are proving my point.. and my point is maybe ATS just isn't for me.

Im looking for the bigger picture... not a closed off one-post limited to one forum on the internet.

what good is that?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

false. You are assuming. Another ATS flaw.
I posted something i guess someone else must've posted at one point in time... which I clearly stated.

Search bar is cute for people who KNOW what they're searching for... not everyone is up to date with all the information as YOU guys.

Especially all of these new people who don't even know the first thing about any conspiracy... are they supposed to just type in '9/11' get 50 hours worth of posts and expected to figure it out for themselves?

Backwards Progress.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Sounds like a bunch of whining to me. Follow the rules

You can be organized and still get knowledge out there

trust me it isn't impossible. I have changed some minds and had some people change my mind all while staying well within the T/C

I thought that OP was your last post on here?

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Same complaints, different week.
There are no doubt enough of these threads to create an entire forum.
Personally , I'm all for freedom of speech, but that very statement is a farce.
There really is no such thing in the world anymore.
Whatever your issues are, take ATS however you want.
It is a site where REAL PEOPLE POST.
The very same people you might encounter in real life.
USER- GENERATED CONTENT.
read that again.
USER-GENERATED CONTENT

Which means, as a member, post what you want to see as long as it is within the T&C.
WHY THE FRIG IS THAT SO DAMN HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND???
Seriously?
Why do you read threads you don't like, then blame the site owners?
Ummm Hello?
Flawed logic...
That is like buying a book, and after reading it you didn't like it and you go bitch out the owner of the book store.
Put it in perspective.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
OP, you've started 14 threads & made 89 posts...Is that really enough time & work put in to give up just yet?

We've all posted threads we felt were brilliant that go unnoticed....it just happens.

Lurkers lurk, but can't really make a positive difference here.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
ATS is a discussion board, not a call to arms, or even to action. The board, as an entity, is here as a sounding board, to have those arguments and discussions.

As for rules, without them, it's total anarchy, and while some do advocate this...well, there are sites where this is the case... Personally, I agree that some do get a bit overbearing about using the search, etc., but if there is a thread on the same topic on the same page, it doesn't make sense to make a new one....

It will be impossible to change anything just by lurking, but as always, you are certainly free to do as you wish.

Stars/Flags/Points? Who really cares about such things? As for respect, for the most part, I think most get this back when they put it out there. Sure, there are always going to be those who are disrespectful, but be responding to them with respect...you will maintain yours (and the other's arguments will be severely lessened)...

new topics

top topics

join