It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq littered with high levels of nuclear and dioxin contamination, study finds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by GoldenFleece

Well at least they admit that the heaviest areas of contamination was in locations of the Iran/Iraq war. Also I love how the report leaves out this little jewel.

1981: Israel bombs Baghdad nuclear reactor

The Israelis have bombed a French-built nuclear plant near Iraq's capital, Baghdad, saying they believed it was designed to make nuclear weapons to destroy Israel.

It is the world's first air strike against a nuclear plant.

That is such a gross misconduct of humanity. I have never heard of that before. It does not surprise me in any way though. When discussing the greatest atomic disasters in history, I will hear about Chernobyl, and Three Mile Island, and the Sedan crater, and how the US lost a nuke from a downed plane in Georgia. But an airstrike on a nuclear power plant is not ever mentioned.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sporkmonster

Well supposedly no radiation was leaked

"Supposedly"

We will never really know, Iraq was pretty much a closed secret country at the time. I wonder what they did with the debris and the remaining materials.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by sporkmonster

Well supposedly no radiation was leaked

"Supposedly"

We will never really know, Iraq was pretty much a closed secret country at the time. I wonder what they did with the debris and the remaining materials.

That is the thing right there. Supposedly there was very little radiation released at the TMI incident. Not that I think there is a conspiracy with the TMI incident. I don't even know if the french hit the buildings associated with reactor and not the reactor itself.

I'd bet that a good thorough search of sat pictures of the area would provide some good insight as to what was bombed.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by amance

Thanks for the link to wikipedia, it has been a few years since chem 101

It seems that you may have missed a couple things from the source here-

he combination of heat and chlorine creates dioxin

I am just wondering again how one makes mustard gas, gee I wonder how its made.

Also from your source-

PCDDs are formed through combustion, chlorine bleaching and manufacturing processes.

And I am sure we know exactly all of the times and places of Saddam's lunacy, we (US) helped to create.

OOOHHH looky here from your second source-

He was shocked by the scenes on his arrival in the town, though he had seen gas attacks before during the brutal Iran-Iraq War:

Wow, where were the other attacks I wonder?

I state in my comment Iraqi's (I should have said Saddam-since he must of launched the attack himself!) use against their own people and two people have to spread THEIR viewpoint that I need to do some fact checking.

Cheese and rice.

I would also like to say that more than likely, the report is missing a few other nice toxic chemicals they have found.

Have you ever looked at any of the US EPA superfund sites? More than likely, 90% of the toxins are from the making of these chemical and other type weapons. Saddam was receiving and manufacturing WMD's, How do I know, because the US was giving them to him.

I personally live near one site, that has wells that pump up the groundwater and still to this day they are removing the toxins. This from a factory that manufactured bombs for WW2. Lo and behold, the same type chemicals. Almost every country in the world you will find these poisons. Amazing ain't it.

Dioxins, PCB's etc etc etc.

The only thing about all this is the DU. Should NEVER have been used.

I guess the best way to destroy any possibility of future problems is to have no futures.

Sometimes I post small, because otherwise I go off and rant like now. How do you like being put in your place?

edit to add-Sorry OP for the off topic

[edit on 1/23/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Wow so the US government is responsible for Iraqs garbage for three decades.... How do you arrive at that? You just want America to fail or our goverment?

I am down for te goverment but not America failing,

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here we go.....America is evil....blah blah blah.

Maybe America should have remained a neutral country for all this time. America is only Evil right?

The world would be such a better place and there would be no war, earthquakes, or terrorists.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Archangel
Not in the areas mentioned and by Iraqis you mean the Saddam Hussein regime, not the Iraqi's.

Did anyone think that maybe they weren't used there, but could have been stored there??? Leaking chemical weapons are pretty nasty.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Wow so the US government is responsible for Iraqs garbage for three decades....

How is blanketing a country in depleted uranium "Iraq's garbage?"

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
You just want America to fail or our goverment?

Why would I want America to fail? I live here too. Why does criticizing a war that was started under phony pretenses, that's killed hundreds of thousands of civilians and that's caused an untold number of birth defects -- not to mention DU chromosomal damage to our own troops -- equate to wanting America to fail?

If anything causes America to fail, it will be the blowback and crushing budget deficits caused by trillion-dollar wars, not British newspaper articles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join