It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Pandora's Box was actually real? (or The ultimate Disclosure)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
This topic , or something close enough to it, may have been brought up before and maybe it has not. Either way, I want to present this here as a realistic scenario that certainly produces more questions than it provides answers.

This is all about common sense, good judgment, rational thinking, humanity and the responsibility to our ideals concerning nature, peace, love and war.

Suppose that the proverbial “Pandora’s Box” is a real and tangible property. This “box” if you will, is actually documentation, a store house of knowledge, library of data, you get the idea. The “box” in fact, is the most sacredly held and secured piece of media in existence in the world. Only a handful of people know about it and its contents.

Suppose the owners of the “box” decide to finally release themselves of the burden of responsibility for protecting and securing its contents any longer.

They invite a select handful of what would be considered a cross section of the world’s most educated and enlightened people to a summit. These are scientists, religious leaders, financial wizards, major political figures, heads of countries… the list goes on to encompass most every vocation and ethnic heritage. Let us say that the summit has 100 invited members.

They explain to the people in this summit, that in the “box” are the answers to almost anything that humanity has ever questioned, wondered about and wanted an answer to. Here, in this “box”, the secrets of the universe, alien existence, the life of Jesus, Mohammad, who killed the Kennedy’s, the why of everything and who did it, how were the pyramids built, .. Just about every question imaginable can be answered by opening this box.

They go on to explain that also in the box are terrible and extremely upsetting facts. Knowledge of people, places and events in human history and in the universe itself that are so terrible, so utterly unfathomable and could perhaps if not rationalized properly, destroy whole countries and populations because the facts in this previously unknown information has never been divulged or exposed.

They go on to say that you have to accept the entire package. There are no filters, and you cannot selectively take some information and leave anything else out. Also, the information, bad, good and enlightening, could never be divulged separately anyway because everything is so intertwined, it is an inseparable work that has to be taken completely in its entirety.

The final thing that keepers of the “box” say is that the decision to open this “box” shall be a unanimous decision by the summit members. Just like in a jury, all must say “Yea or Neigh” as a collective , unanimous entity.

For anyone who would like to post:

1. How would you initially vote if you were a member of this summit?
2. Do you think the “box” would ever be opened?

Please give some background explanation as to why you would say yes or no to the 2 questions.

Thanks, and
Go!

(edited for spelling, where caught.)

[edit on 22-1-2010 by charlyv]

[edit on 22-1-2010 by charlyv]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
1. How would you initially vote if you were a member of this summit?

I would vote yes, as it is my belief that humans should know their true history.

2. Do you think the “box” would ever be opened?

If it be a truth, yes, humanity could not help itself

But what if there is the possibility that the "Box" is also the "Arc"?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
What's the point of keeping the contents of the box secret?

Is the knowledge to be used to better the few or to better the majority?

Is the current state of the world the indirect result of the knowledge being hoarded by the few or by the knowledge being shared with the majority in the past?

Are the majority stupid becuase they have never known the secrets or are the majority to stupid to understand or appreciate the secrets?

I guess I can see the irony in it all.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Lets start with the Ark of the Covenant and then go from there....

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Pandora

(Greek mythology) The first woman on earth, who had been given a box by the gods and instructed not to open it, but who disobeyed the instructions out of curiosity, releasing all manner of evils into the world.

Sounds a lot like Eve and the apple, doesn't it?

The fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, like Pandora's Box, contains both good and evil.

Is the motivation really curiousity? Why do some of us have this unquenchable thirst to know the truth? And why do we continue on the path when the truth is so grievious? We cannot change the past, but can we, in unison, change the future?

And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter
Rev. 10:10

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
My own interesting fling on pandora's "box". In our language, "box" is slang for a womans vagina. Interestingly enough, in ancient greek, their word for box, Praxis, was also slang for a womans vagina. Gives a whole new meaning to pandora opening her "box" and spreading evil out into the world, eh? Just one of my musings.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

OK, someone shows their real brainwaves by linking a Box to a Vagina...

In an effort to limit posts by those that want to play games with Pandora....

Greek Mythology: Pandora's box is actually a JAR carried by Pandora that, when opened by her, unleashed many terrible things on mankind – ills, toils and sickness.

Mutiny on The Bounty: It is a history mark from Mutiny on the Bounty, a ship named Pandora, named after the Greek legend, sent after some of the mutineers in Tahiti. 14 prisoners were captured and held aboard the Pandora, where the "BOX" awaited them - a cell built on the quarterdeck and open to the searing sun. It had to opened to release them when the Pandora was wrecked.

Get over it and please honor the intent of the post. Thanks

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Pandora's box, hmm. There really is no box, but the holding of information that the governments of the world see fit to keep from us. As the human race is concerned, we have a right to know what they know and make the appropriate judgments for ourselves individually.

The box was opened long ago, but it has been leaked to us incrementally as those with the knowledge seem to think it is all we can handle. We here try to open it up daily by trying to unveil those secrets that they seem to think we aren't ready for.

Yes! please open the box, the whole box and let us decide what is best for us.

Peace!!

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Guzzeppi]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
But Pandora's Box DOES EXIST.

You'll find it at 20th Street Northwest & Constitution Street NW
Washington, DC 20551-0001

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by aristocrat2

Could you be more forthcoming, please?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

Pandora's Box
917 Aspen St NW, Washington, DC
(202) 726-4370

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
correct me if i'm wrong but all thats left in the jar at this point is hope... ie. the truth... and it will set us free... so open the dam jar already.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
what if pandoras box, was never ever meant to exist, but was just a Philosophical topic...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If on the panel I would vote to open the box. It would be opened eventually anyways, as said before, it's simply human nature.

However, I also think that since the box is said to contain the answers to anything the human race could ask... I'd assume that would include all the terrible things which the box would reveal, as well, would it not?

In THAT view, opening the box would do nothing but encourage the over-all growth of the entire human race.

OPEN IT!!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jephers0n

And I would consider this response to be a valid analysis.

C'mon keep it up. Has anyone noticed, that this is really the same set of circumstances that holds disclosure at bay in this world?

And that is the intent of the OP post (ME)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Pandora

(Greek mythology) The first woman on earth, who had been given a box by the gods and instructed not to open it, but who disobeyed the instructions out of curiosity, releasing all manner of evils into the world.

Sounds a lot like Eve and the apple, doesn't it?

The fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, like Pandora's Box, contains both good and evil.

Originally posted by pexx421
My own interesting fling on pandora's "box". In our language, "box" is slang for a womans vagina. Interestingly enough, in ancient greek, their word for box, Praxis, was also slang for a womans vagina. Gives a whole new meaning to pandora opening her "box" and spreading evil out into the world, eh? Just one of my musings.

Originally posted by charlyv

Greek Mythology: Pandora's box is actually a JAR carried by Pandora that, when opened by her, unleashed many terrible things on mankind – ills, toils and sickness.

The greek version of Pandoras box.

A young virgin marries a Greek man and before the wedding her father tells her that, being Greek, her husband may ask her to turn the other way in bed one day, but she doesn't have to do it if she doesn't want to. Sure enough, after a couple of months, her husband asks her to turn over and she says "No, my father said I don't have to do this." Her husband says 'OK, that's fine by me, but I thought you wanted children."

www.psychologyhelp.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
if the secrets of the universe fit in one box id keep it for myself, destroy my enemies, and rule the world! this sounds like a movie screenplay.

on a serious note, this box would need to be opened asap. however how do we know what the box actaully contains befoer we open it. this box opening depends on the intel. last time the germans opened a strange box ghosts came out and everyones skin fell off.

the more i think about this there is no real easy answer.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421

Possibly from her "box / vagina" came the nephilim....then followed by the floods to rid the earth of evil??

top topics

join