It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul and Frank Zappa on the Danger of American Fascism and documentary "Freedom To Fascism"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ron Paul and Frank Zappa on the Danger of American Fascism

The interviews with former presidential candidate Ron Paul, ("Meet The Press" December 23, 2007) and classic clip of Frank Zappa (CNN "Crossfire" March 28 1986) on the subject of American Fascism.

The Documentary Film, Freedom To Fascism
Runtime 1 hour 51 minutes

Google Video Link

[edit on 22-1-2010 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Zappa, I knew there was a reason I liked Zappa back in the day.

Be a crew slut(from one of Zappa's songs) , I think a lot of politicians took that song to heart.

S&F for the video connecting Zappa to Ron. Kind of funny really. People are aware, just need to stop the propaganda mills from obfuscation and the like.

This whole Constitutional declaration of corporations being people is another deflection.

Those evil conservatives. Jeez.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Frank Zappa callin' it like he sees it. You gotta love it.
He's a badass.
He's talking about America's Fascist State of the Union back in 1986. Awesome .

Ron Paul talking about Freedom to Fascism, awesome.

Flag.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Gotta chime in on Frank, whadda guy. For all his humor and frivolity, he had some serious points to make. Someone quoted "crew slut" from the Album "joes garage" which is chock full of social commentary. One concept on the album (from 1979) is the idea of "total criminality", where you make so many laws that EVERYONE is a criminal. Sound like today? Central scrutinizer is real folks, watching you right now. Zappa was so far ahead of his time.
Ron Paul - one of the best Reps our nation has, just need a few hundred more like him.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Frank Zappa's views politically would blow your mind.

Senate testimony

Zappa testifies before the US Senate, 1985
On September 19, 1985, Zappa testified before the US Senate Commerce, Technology, and Transportation committee, attacking the Parents Music Resource Center or PMRC, a music organization, co-founded by then-Senator Al Gore's wife Tipper Gore. The PMRC consisted of many wives of politicians, including the wives of five members of the committee, and was founded to address the issue of song lyrics with sexual or satanic content.[169] Zappa saw their activities as on a path towards censorship,[170] and called their proposal for voluntary labelling of records with explicit content "extortion" of the music industry.[171] In his prepared statement, he said:

The PMRC proposal is an ill-conceived piece of nonsense which fails to deliver any real benefits to children, infringes the civil liberties of people who are not children, and promises to keep the courts busy for years dealing with the interpretational and enforcemental problems inherent in the proposal's design. It is my understanding that, in law, First Amendment issues are decided with a preference for the least restrictive alternative. In this context, the PMRC's demands are the equivalent of treating dandruff by decapitation ... The establishment of a rating system, voluntary or otherwise, opens the door to an endless parade of moral quality control programs based on things certain Christians do not like. What if the next bunch of Washington wives demands a large yellow "J" on all material written or performed by Jews, in order to save helpless children from exposure to concealed Zionist doctrine?

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

And just to really mess with your head, he was born on December 21.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

79 huh, I knew it was around that time. Damn, I might be getting old, nah, I am still young, the world is just older.

I am going to have to see if I can find that album on YouTube.

For everyone that has ever said "where were the people when", well guess what, there has always been people like Zappa. You can say we were the ones sitting back in the shadows, waiting for the time when we needed to make a difference.

I guess it is time.

top topics

join