It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaut on Twitter from Space Shuttle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I didn't know where else to put this but I've started a little project using Twitter.

Basically I've created a story being told from the point of view of a young astronaut Pierce O'Riley. He is supposedly on a new type of light weight space shuttle "Helenae 1" just outside of Earth's orbit at the moment. The shuttle will be sucked through a blackhole at some point and will land on a very strange feral alien planet. I don't want to give too much away but Pierce will find out some very disturbing information about Earth's origins.

Cliche? Maybe, but it'll be something better to follow than a lot of the garbage that is on Twitter.

If you have Twitter and would like to watch this story unfold in real time please follow Pierce O'Riley @Astronautopia

Thanks.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

I am so happy to see that my tax dollars are being spent on such important things such as the "twitterverse" GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
lol did you read the op?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
interesting concept.....Atleast like the OP said it is better than most of the ramblings on twitter.
Tho at first I was under the impression astronauts in the space station were using twitter..Which kinda of would of suprised me...
Perhaps everyone on ATS should get a twitter account and twitter the important topics and issues that are relevant to here...Maybe wake some people up
Though I imagine waking somebody up with 160 characters or less may propose a challenge
intrested to see where you take this tho

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akoostikreiki
interesting concept.....Atleast like the OP said it is better than most of the ramblings on twitter.
Tho at first I was under the impression astronauts in the space station were using twitter..Which kinda of would of suprised me...
Perhaps everyone on ATS should get a twitter account and twitter the important topics and issues that are relevant to here...Maybe wake some people up
Though I imagine waking somebody up with 160 characters or less may propose a challenge
intrested to see where you take this tho

then enjoy the surprise matey (I love surprises )

New NASA Twitter Feed Live from the ISS! ...Astronauts aboard the International Space Station received a special software upgrade this week – personal access to the Internet and the World Wide Web via the ultimate wireless connection. Expedition 22 Flight Engineer T.J. Creamer made first use of the new system Friday, when he posted the first unassisted update to his Twitter account, @Astro_TJ, from the space station. Previous tweets from space had to be e-mailed to the ground where support personnel posted them to the astronaut's Twitter account.

Nasa :first twitter from ISS LIVE

NASA Astronauts twitter page

Now I'm just hoping there's a tin hat or two up there to give us the REAL disclosure....pics,vids, an' all !!
LIVE !!! oh yeah baby!

[edit on 23/1/10 by asIam]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the encouragement guys! I'm trying to get more followers before I advance the story tbh lol

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Scope and a Beam]

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
i like the concept you have going of an astronaut twittering about the goings on of their mission. it can be very interesting given how twitter limits each posting to 160 characters.

someone else has something similar, only they are inviting the public to add to the story. it was started by Neil Gaiman, creator and author of "the sandman" comic series.

here's the link to the article: mashable.com...

this is an interesting use of twitter and an entertaining one as well

please keep it up

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the encouraging words. Currently trying to get more followers to kick the stoyr off so it's a little dull at the moment lol.

new topics

top topics

join