It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah and Syria on alert fearing IDF attack on Lebanon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Hezbollah and Syria on alert fearing IDF attack on Lebanon

www.haaretz.com

Syria and Hezbollah have gone on alert anticipating an Israeli attack on Lebanon, the London-based A-Sharq al-Awsat daily reported on Friday.

According to the report, Hezbollah has been monitoring with caution the reinforcement of Israel Defense Forces troops along the Lebanon border.

Hezbollah's deputy secretary general, Naeem Kassem, said the group was preparing to retaliate although it had no proof of any such Israeli plans.
Advertisement

Syria has meanwhile begun to call up reserves troops, including nationals residing in Lebanon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So has anyone else heard anything about this? Its posted on Debka as well but i was waiting to see it on other sources before i posted anything. Sounds to me like either the Syrians and Hezbo are a little paranoid and antsy/scred or they are using this drill by the Israeli's to practice defensive moves as well. Could be the Israelis started their games to see what the Syrian and Hezbo moves would be so now they have an idea of what the opposition will do.

Is this cat and mouse or is the IDFD gearing up for something?

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Maybe the Brits are anticipating activation of terrorist cells in the event of an Israeli attack.

That might explain the terrorism alert.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
And according to ordinary israeli people in northern Israel, they say there's huge movement of tanks and artillery... that they never seen such activity since 2006...

This could be it.

My thread with all the informations

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Wow thanks guys. I hadnt heard of those happenings yet. This is interesting...will be keeping an eye out for further developments.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Something is definitely very close.

And it's good to be paranoid when Israel is flying military planes over your head multiple times a day outfitted with bombs and missiles to kill you. And especially when they're doing some fishy stuff on the border.

Hezbollah is pretty tough though, and their few fighters were actually able to stop the Israeli advance during the last ground battle.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

It's gone mostly unreported in western sources, but Hezbollah has now got legitimacy from the Labanese Government and it has officially been tasked with maintaining territorial integrity in Southern Lebanon. This is, in part, due to the seats they hold in parliament and their membership in the cabinet, but also due to their immense popularity they gained after the 2006 war.

For all intents and purposes, it is now an official, State-sanctioned militia, as opposed to 2006 when it was technically an illegal militia.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I dont want to get too far off topic. Does anyone know if Syria has supplied Hezbo with the SA2 missiles that they have recently been training on? I know that is the stated "red line" that would prompt war between Israel and Syria and Israel has made that public knowledge. Just curious if Hezbo had taken delivery of them yet? Maybe they have and thats what all of this is about.......

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Nope, I had heard about the supposed training but wouldn't be able to tell you if they actually have them yet. Would change the dynamic a bit if they had though.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

relavant thread there... everything seems to be falling into place, syria, hezbollah and israel are all mobilizing thier troops... eyewitness reports of hardware being moved to the lebanese border, countries mobilizing reserves... this is very troubling and this thread should def. have more flags and more attention... S and F. keep us updated bud.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Perhaps there is a plan to deal with Syria before they go after Iran . For if the hit Iran first they will be fighting both Iran and Syria .

Perhaps this is the new plan for Iran , draw Iran into attacking Israel by attacking Iran's allie , Syria and putting there military defense treaty to the test .

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Also being talked about here:

mathaba.net...

(Xinhua) -- The newspaper cited well-informed Hezbollah sources as saying that the Lebanese Shiite group has ordered its members to be on "high alert in the event of a surprise Israeli operation against party headquarters and positions."

www.presstv.ir...

A senior Israeli army officer, however, denied reports about an upcoming military drill along the border. He also denied any plan to attack Lebanon

www.dailystar.com.lb...

On the Syrian front, Ash-Sharq al-Awsat reported that Syria called on its fourth reserve brigade which includes Syrian workers in Lebanon.

all 3 articles pretty much say the same thing. its an israeli exercise, hezbollah is on high alert and syria has mobilized reserves...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Good point Max_TO!

Its a good strategic move for Israel if that is the case. Hit Iran and deal with all 3 at once, OR hit Hezbo and Syria first and once thats done THEN hit Iran.

Israel can alledge all sorts of reasons to go after Hezbo without making it sound like its tied to the Iranian nuclear issue, but make no mistake, thats what it will be linked to.

Eliminate the threats closest to you first, then go after the target.

Originally posted by Max_TO
Perhaps there is a plan to deal with Syria before they go after Iran . For if the hit Iran first they will be fighting both Iran and Syria .

Perhaps this is the new plan for Iran , draw Iran into attacking Israel by attacking Iran's allie , Syria and putting there military defense treaty to the test .

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

A senior Israeli army officer, however, denied reports about an upcoming military drill along the border. He also denied any plan to attack Lebanon

So...no military drill along the border, but troops and vehicules are being sent there? So basically, either it's a precaution or it's a preparation for invasion...

Syria and Lebanon wouldn't mobilize their troops for nothing...

Also, the Iranian revolution anniversary starts in about a week, not to mention a big iranian military drill.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Awwww snap! GET READY TO RRRRRUMMMMMMMMBLLLEEE!

Who knows what this has to do with Iran... Maybe Israel is trying to take care of Syria and Lebanon before their strike on Iran (in the future) because they know for a fact if Iran is attacked that Hezbollah will attack them at home.. So they're probably just trying to eliminate, or greatly weaken, that threat first.

Fighting 3 wars at once would not be good for them.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What will make it interesting is to see if Iran honers there pact with Syria , to defend one another if either are ever attacked .

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I mean its almost common sense military and political strategy. If i were advising Israel i would say this:

If you just launch an unprovoked attack on Iran you will be an international pariah and have little support.

IF however you can somehow draw Iran into a conflict with you first, you would appear to have every right to "retaliate" and strike what you wish.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Right !

I was trying to find follow up info regarding the story of Israel handing out gas masks to its citizens . I was unable to read anywhere wether or not they have completed the hand out . I feel any serious strike will not occur until all the gas masks have been handed out .

Lets see if Israel hands out these gas masks to the Palestinians , if not then we just may see a new form of genocide .

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Here's the story about the gas masks :

Gas masks to be distributed by post in January

The distribution, Sagiv said on Tuesday, would likely take three years and will begin throughout the country in late January and according to operational considerations of which area is under a more immediate threat.

So they probably are starting right now to send them out... and it will be completed within 3 years.

So me thinks that when Israel strikes Iran, not everyone will have their gas masks...I hope it's not a sick plot so more Israeli die in the event of a war so Israel have a reason to use nukes... that would be too sick.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Hmm I had heard reports that it would take anywhere from weeks to months , not years .

Also worth noting , given the shelf life of gas masks a hand out over the course of years would be pointless .

I have just tried a few searches and am finding multiple reports claiming the hand out would take weeks then some claim months and others say years , very strange .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join