It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Scott Brown the new messiah?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I don't think so and I will tell you why. They have set us up for so long we don't even know which way is up anymore. The facts have been stretched and the lines in the sand that divided the two party system have been all but washed away.

It is a sad day in America when a candidate we no nothing about and have yet to see how he will vote becomes the savior of freedom. We need to look inside ourselves not at some quick fix fast talking politician. I am not saying he is not the best thing since sliced bread but let time figure it out.

All politicians will see this and use it to their advantage the are all born liars and to tell you the truth I don't trust any of them. They also have ruled to let the money flow free and why do you think they would do that? it is to keep the system just like it is now the people voice will never be heard. We are so starved for our voice to be heard we are willing to vest ourselves in a politician we do not even know. This is not a good thing and shows how very fragile America is right now.

We need to suck it up and judge them on actions not words. We are going to elect alot of new people this year and they will all use the I love freedom bit we need to look at what they actually stand for and past actions more than what they say to us. Scott Brown actually voted for universal health care in massachusetts why would he do that? He may very well be the wolf in sheep's clothing and we should not vest everything in him until time passes and votes are counted.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well, I think we can see the hypocracy in voting for a public option/universal healthcare in his own state, yet making a huge deal of voting against Obama.
Welcome to politics.
The GOP is desperate for a winner in '12, we have suffered through several attempts since the election to posture some new guy to out Obama Obama. all have fallen flat so far.
With the old school GOP still held in contempt by the voters ( including Palin), we will just have to see how much traction this guy can generate
between now and then.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I think this shows us the mind of the electorate right now,
Obama again in 2012?

AGAIN, the point of this thread is not to hype Obama, but I think it is a great thumbnail of the state of the electorate right now.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I don't know about being a "messiah"...but he has been knonw to dress down like a certain famous one of note...

Link

Now, talk about double standards!!!

Could you imagine the uproar from the likes of Pat Robertson, for instance, if Sen. Brown had been a Democrat???

Or, even (gasp!) a woman who posed in such a manner???

But, because he's male, and Republican, he gets a pass --- quel surprise!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

It is a sad day in America when a candidate we no nothing about and have yet to see how he will vote becomes the savior of freedom. We need to look inside ourselves not at some quick fix fast talking politician. I am not saying he is not the best thing since sliced bread but let time figure it out.

I think that happened in Nov. 2008.

The deal with Brown is that he won a seat that had been held by a corrupt Democrat for 46 years in a state the family owned.

That is the true story.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I think our union is on the ropes and we are almost grasping at straws. When will the real leaders stand up and lead the ever growing movement here in the US?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
From what I hear and read, here and elsewhere, the guy walks on water and pees Jack Daniels. Quite a feat. Be ready for the big push from the MSM. I don't know the man personally. He may be most pleasant. So I'll reserve judgement.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It almost seems like a set up and we are walking head long into it. They have so many layers of bullsh*t to dig threw the truth is hard to find. But something tells me to watch him like a hawk and that many others will use this recipe to win their own elections. Freedoms and rights will be the new hip thing to use and that's great unless we see nothing from it. Talk is cheap and actions are what count.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

It's quite easy to see the truth when you know it. People have their own different ideas of truth. Alex Jones has his idea of truth and I have my own. I personally think that Scott Brown is just ONE STEP for the Republican party that they will use to try to capture the popular an-Obama sentiment and then rise to power. That's what they really want to do. It's all about power to them. They'll just exploit it to regain power and that's why they're happy now. It's putting the Democrats on the defensive but that doesn't mean much. We're not going after the people who have the real power. So it's shameful really.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
he's a fraud,,, he cashed in at a good time,,,, he had perfect timing

and he conned all the unsuspecting tea baggers,,, he isn't even close,,,, he's a big gov't republican piece of crap

he wouldn't know liberty if it hit him in the face

this is the problem,,,, the uninformed, hate spewing teapartiers,,,,,, unlike the informed ones who actually know what they're fighting for and can give exact precise reasons and thoughts,,, ron paul supporters

however it did send a message to all in gov't ,,,, the repubs as well,,,,, we're mad and no one's safe

instead of tea party,,,, i hope "vote em all out" would really take hold

in the end he will be just another politican,,, and the people who bought his BS will be disappointed

after all,,, he's buddy buddy with mcCain,,,,McLame
enuff said

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Is Scott Brown the new messiah?

Simple answer, no.

Who ever said he was?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by shortywarn

...after all,,, he's buddy buddy with mcCain,,,,McLame
enuff said...

Bingo!!!

It is interesting to see the knives coming out on this topic, usually wielded by those on the "right" (which is generally the wrong) side.

Just heard about a new book coming out, regarding the 2008 U.S. Presidential campaign. Interviews with hundreds of those staff members closely involved, most agreed to speak only anonymously.

One gist and nugget of 'dirt' is that SOME candidate's marriage dynamics were very ineresting, and newsflash the Clintons were NOT the worst, not even close...they ranked about FOURTH in dysfunction, behind the McCains, the Edwards and the Giulianis....

I am anxious to read this book, am especially interested in the story about an event where a particular married couple (the McCains) had an argument, and one sentence spoken consisted of eleven words, in which TEN of them all started with the letter 'F'!!

Its title is "Game Change", by John Heilermann and Mark Halperin.

Worth a look, methinks.....

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I don't think so and I will tell you why. They have set us up for so long we don't even know which way is up anymore. The facts have been stretched and the lines in the sand that divided the two party system have been all but washed away.

did you vote for obama? what about bush?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I really hate this term being used to portray someone as some sort of savior. I don't know why anyone does it. It's offensive and it's stupid.

The only people that call Obama "The Messiah" are the Right as a slant and as an insult.

I will take anyone on the Left calling Scott Brown "The Messiah" the same exact way.

Anyone that uses that term to describe a political figure has in my opinion lost their argument completely, from that point on and forever has lost any and all credibility.

If your argument is so flawed and baseless that you have to resort to using stupid catch phrase insults like calling someone "The Messiah" in my opinion you have no business discussing politics.

[edit on 2/15/2010 by whatukno]

new topics

top topics

join