It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wrong reasons to attack Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So we all notice that Iran is on the news a lot lately, but there was a time when Iran was hardly talked about in the media.
The funny thing is that time wasn’t that long ago.
Though the Iranian nuclear program was launched in the 1950’s nobody would consider going to war with Iran because of it a couple of years ago, but now, Iran appears to be on the news daily, always in a negative way and there is a certain build up of fear regarding their nuclear program.
So I understand a lot of people are afraid of the idea of Iran possessing nuclear weapons, some people so much that they would like to attack the country pre-emptive in order to stop them from possessing nuclear weapons.
The Iranian government claims that their intentions regarding their nuclear program are peaceful, but of course we can’t be certain that they are speaking the truth.
The thing is, the idea of attacking Iran is growing in popularity lately but the arguments of the people who approve this idea seem very strange to me, I would like to name some of those arguments and show you why I find them strange:

-Iran is trying to build nuclear weapons

The Iranian nuclear program began in the 1950’s with the help of the United States, this continued until the 1979 Islamic revolution which terminated diplomatic relations between the US and Iran.
After this event the program was paused for several years and again continued without the help of the US but instead mostly Russia.
Today many western countries and Israel claim Iran is trying to build nuclear weapons and therefore pose a treat to mostly Israel, but it is yet to be proven.
Now this wouldn’t be the first time the US goes to war because they think a certain country possesses WMD’s, in Iraq it seemed this wasn’t the case, so the reason for the invasion changed to liberation of the Iraqi people.
I’m not saying Iran has no intentions to build nuclear weapons, but I hope the US and the western world has learned of its mistakes and doesn’t repeat what happened in Iraq.

-Iran poses a treat to Israel

The reason people feel Iran poses a treat to the security of Israel is because they see videos of many Iranian people chanting: death to Israel!
Also the current president of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has made several claims concerning Israel, and of course Iran supports Hezbollah and Hamas, both enemies of Israel.
Well, it is true people in Iran rallied and chanted death to Israel, but that’s not because they want to “wipe Israel of the map”, it is because they think Israel is murdering innocent Muslim people, its just a different way of showing how people feel about certain things, for example when Israel launched operation cast lead, the UN said: we condemn your military actions and urge you to comply with UN resolutions, some Iranian people said: death to Israel!
It’s just a way to express their feelings, of course it is rather childish and I would suggest them to use other words, but it’s not because they hate Jews or want to destroy them.
Ahmadinejad is believed to have said that he wants to wipe Israel off the map, well, this is not true, he said the current Zionist regime who occupies the Muslim territory must vanish from the page of time, again that doesn’t mean he will act to it.
Though there are many controversial things said about Israel by the Iranian people Iran never threatened to attack Israel, there are several wars fought between Arab nations and Israel in the past, Iran never participated in any of these wars.
On the other hand, Israel has threatened to attack Iran many times in the recent past because it feels Iran poses a treat to its security.
About Iran supporting Hamas and Hezbollah brings me to the next argument.

-Iran is a state sponsor of terrorism

It is no secret that Iran supports Hamas, the thing is they don’t only supply them with weapons but also with food and shelter, at least they try to..
Iran often sends food, medical aid, cement etc. to the Palestinian people thru Egypt and who knows where because Israel doesn’t allow cargo from Iran to the Palestinian people, but this is not of common knowledge unlike Iran arming Hamas.
Hamas is a political party which includes a paramilitary force who govern Gaza, Canada, the European Union, Israel, Japan, Australia and the United States classify Hamas as a terrorist organization but the rest of the world recognizes Hamas as the governing body of the Gaza territory, so Iran doesn’t see Hamas as terrorists along with the majority of the world, so you must understand that in the eyes of the majority of the world Iran is not a state sponsor of terrorism.

-Iran is a dictatorship

Well, Iran WAS a dictatorship, in the time when the shah ruled Iran a lot of people felt oppressed by him, he was a dictator and a sell out in their opinion though he was considered a true friend of the United States, he maintained friendly relations with the US and the two saw each other as close allies.
In 1951 Mohammad Mossadegh was appointed as prime minister of Iran by a democratic election, shortly after that he nationalized the Iranian oil, which was mostly in the hands of the UK at the time
Mossadegh was opposed by the shah who feared a resulting oil embargo imposed by the west would leave Iran in economic ruin.
He fled Iran but returned when the UK and US staged a coup against Mossadegh in August 1953.
Mossadegh was then arrested by pro shah army forces.
After this the shah ruled Iran till 1979 when he was overthrown by the Iranian people under leadership of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini who became the supreme leader of Iran and imposed a clerical rule in the country.
The people of Iran agreed with the way to rule as Khomeini wanted at the time but the percentages will certainly have changed now but that doesn’t mean Iran is a dictatorship, a dictatorship is defined as an autocratic form of government in which the government is ruled by an individual, the dictator, without hereditary ascension.
Though the supreme leader is the most powerful figure in Iranian politics, he can be removed from power by the assembly of experts according to the Iranian constitution.
Also Iran has a president and a parliament.

In conclusion, we can discuss what the real reason of the US and Israel is for a potential war with Iran, but I hope you understand that it isn’t one of the reasons I mentioned above.

Peace and love

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It's clear that they're going to attack Iran, but I find it suspicious that America has invaded and taken over so many countries. It's gotta be that secret alien government plot to take over the planet. The only folks that purely evil would be them evil aliens!

I say it's a real possibility.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I must be un-American because I keep having trouble finding ANY reason to attack Iran.
Or Iraq.
Or Afghanistan.

Let the animals murder each other.
Lock the doors.
Deal with real local problems.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mumbo jumbo

This thread will disappear fast due to the fact that it has pointed out facts.
Facts that some don't like hearing and goes against their belief and it is hard to beat the war drum on facts, much easier to beat the war drum on propoganda and lies

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by leftystrat
I must be un-American because I keep having trouble finding ANY reason to attack Iran.

Not Un-American just ill informed.

Pssst!
Here's a secret.

We haven't attacked Iran but we sure as heck are being convicted of it.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You have chat's with Iran's Foreign Minister ?

Care to share your abundance of knowledge to us ill informed?

Look forward to being enlightened , thxx in advance.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Iranian paranoid conjecture, speculations followed by innuendo are not exactly proof of an impending attack.

I'm sorry but until their is an actual attack for real it's all unfounded irrelevant rhetoric. If the US/West or Israel havent attacked by now they are not going to.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The Shia muslims, majority in iran, iraq, and afghanistan are awaiting the 12th imam, the mahdi, who will appear in Mecca, while his black bannered army will come from khorasan (land located in afghanistan, iran). his other green banner army will come from yemen (houthi area)...

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It seems to me that the only people banging on about attacking Iran are supporters of the regime.

Ahmadi and Khameni's paranoia must be infectious.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
It seems to me that the only people banging on about attacking Iran are supporters of the regime.

Ahmadi and Khameni's paranoia must be infectious.

You categorize people opposed to war with Iran together with supporters of Iranian government as if they are one and the same? This is identical to the holocaust deniers are all anti Semites rhetoric. You only need good sense and decency to oppose war. You equally do not need to support a war against those you dislike or disagree with. You also accuse those against wars as suffering from paranoia? Has fearing war become an irrational act?

This carefree attitude concerning something so destructive and deadly as war is not only despicable, it's becoming all too common among the growing masses of empty heads in society today. The latest trend of refusing to think, at all, is creating this attitude that war is no big deal. That bombing the hell out of other countries is taken so lightly now is arguably mankind's most shameful behavior of all time. This is not progress.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It is a holy war. We crusade against Islam to free the enslaved souls who suffer under the yoke of Islam.

This sort of clash has been ongoing for centuries. We in the West refuse to describe what we do in religious terms (too primitive for our mighty post-modern, transhuman intellect) but the muslims proclaim loudly that they jihad in the name Allah.

To free Persia is the reason. We want that land back from the camp of Islam.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno
It is a holy war. We crusade against Islam to free the enslaved souls who suffer under the yoke of Islam.

Outside of some "Western Religious Fanatics" hardly anybody in the west will die fighting a "Holy War" against Islam.

Here are some eye opening threads. These may widen your perspective a bit more.

Enjoy.

Iranian revolt Explained - Wake Up!

AND

The New Great Game

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Outside of some "Western Religious Fanatics" hardly anybody in the west will die fighting a "Holy War" against Islam.

Enjoy.

AND

The New Great Game

Hardly anyone will die? I think my point is proven.

I will read the links but I fear it is contemporary analysis and not accurate over the long term because it does not account for the jihad and also fails to accept that Islam is even an enemy.

While we ditz around with oil this and arms deals that, muslims continue to jihad for Allah and they make gain after gain after gain.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
As I have said in another thread, Iran reminds me of a small breed dog. It has to keep barking and snapping in order to keep up it's self-confidence. Iran is bringing all of this crap down upon itself. Fine. Let Iran have it's nukes, but, if it does what it is implying that it will do once it has them, all that is going to be left is a smoking crater and an increase in background radiation. I just hope that nobody I care about is around when Iran f*cks up.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Enjoy.

AND

The New Great Game

Hardly anyone will die? I think my point is proven.

I will read the links but I fear it is contemporary analysis and not accurate over the long term because it does not account for the jihad and also fails to accept that Islam is even an enemy.

While we ditz around with oil this and arms deals that, muslims continue to jihad for Allah and they make gain after gain after gain.

[edit on 26-1-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

Hey Mike
I am interested in which gains you are talking about. I don't follow as much as I would like, could you elaborate a little in so far as what you mean by gains?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
As I have said in another thread, Iran reminds me of a small breed dog. It has to keep barking and snapping in order to keep up it's self-confidence. Iran is bringing all of this crap down upon itself. Fine. Let Iran have it's nukes, but, if it does what it is implying that it will do once it has them, all that is going to be left is a smoking crater and an increase in background radiation. I just hope that nobody I care about is around when Iran f*cks up.

At first I thought you were joking, but I think you may actually be serious?

I can only feel ashamed when reading this opinion. This grotesquely inaccurate piece of propaganda is the general majority opinion that's been easily placed inside of masses of empty heads that have literally ceased thinking completely. We have reached a point of absolute zero brain activity, shown here by the total absence of even the smallest hint of truth. Only a complete refusal of thought can produce this level of senselessness.

The barking you hear is a valid plea expressing their equal right to pursue nuclear energy technology. The only implication of them desiring nuclear weapons must of fell off that lump laying in your empty head? You claim to care about somebody, yet the thought of committing a nuclear holocaust in the Middle East got you real excited? Mass murdering hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women and children sounds good, huh? How did you develop that bit of genius?

This is the pathetic state of the populace in the world today. A selfish and cowardly bunch of dullards texting at 70mph on the interstate to get home and thumb through 200 TV channels while stuffing their fat faces with cancerous food without the ability to even notice. Sickening.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
so what if iran wants nukes,they want them for the same reasons we have

them,thats not our country,not our people not our concern.... but for some

reason we make it our business. America wont learn until someone hands

us our a$$ in paper sack. the many problems US cant deal with at home

should give you a clue to the effectiveness of our problem solving and

critical thinking. It's crap.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN
so what if iran wants nukes,they want them for the same reasons we have

them,thats not our country,not our people not our concern.... but for some

reason we make it our business. America wont learn until someone hands

us our a$$ in paper sack. the many problems US cant deal with at home

should give you a clue to the effectiveness of our problem solving and

critical thinking. It's crap.

From the links posted above, our business is all about the oil, and our "a$$ in the paper sack" would be our economy.

If we can't get the oil, we can't fix the economy or our problems at home -

I'm beginning to understand the big picture in all of this, whether that big picture is right or wrong...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I don't think there are any RIGHT reasons to attack Iran. All of the reasons are wrong reasons. Sorry OP.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Good thread Mumbo

You've put some meat on the bones of your arguments by providing nice detail on the various reasons why some want Iran obliterated...

Edit to add - Rich Man : The OP clearly stated he was categorically against Iran being attacked...You might want to read his post again

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Retrovertigo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join