It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A documentary I'm looking for....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Please excuse me if this is in the wrong place but this was the best place I could think of posting this. I'm looking for a show/documentary(?) done by I believe the Discovery Channel a few years back. It was a series of DVDs, if I remember correctly, that was mainly CG about how some animals would look if they had to evolve in the ocean.

Remember, I said this was a few years back. I remember walking through the Discovery store at a mall I was visiting with my parents (i'm 23 now haha) when I was in high school. I remember asking if my parents would buy it but it being a large DVD set (maybe like 3 DVDs total?) they said no. If anyone else knows what I am talking about it would be awesome if you could tell me what the series was. Thank you ^_^.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think its called marine life or something..

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
could this possibly be it?

store.discovery.com...

It might of seemed like a bigger set because its from the same "walking with dinosaurs" theme series, and could've been near it. I know it's not evolving in the water but this is what prehistoric ocean life looked like, I know there was mention of a Sea Scorpion + it is CGI.

Hope this helps,
Brendone C

EDIT: I just wiki'd it (en.wikipedia.org...:_A_Walking_with_Dinosaurs_Trilogy) It does say there was 3 episodes to this series though.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Spadez2316]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I don't think it was the dinosaur series though. Gah, I wish I had a photographic memory haha. I just remember it was about what some animals would be like if they had to evolve in the ocean. I think one of the covers was a fish that looked like a bird or something. Bah, it's driving me crazy haha.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I found it finally! Thanks to those who tried to help. It turns out is was a joint with Animal Planet and some other organization. For anyone else interested here are some links:

Wiki

The Future is Wild Main Page

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

Haha, That's the Future is wild serious. That's when humans are gone from earth for millions of years and how other life forms will evolve. Gotta love how Discovery channel is really serious of show more intelligent squid life. During the Future is wild they're show how Squid will become the next intelligent spices on earth. Using tools, Also on the Show Alien Planet they showed Squid like aliens as the most intelligent aliens on the fictional alien planet. Can science be hinting that squids are evolving at a faster rate and becoming more intelligent?

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yeah I noticed a large majority of the animals were some kind of evolved squid haha. There was one on the website I think called a Megasquid or something like that and roamed around and land as was freaking huge O.o. I'm glad we'll be gone if that ever comes to pass haha.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

Well from this earth at least.

new topics

top topics

join