It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Zealand to release UFO files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It will be interesting to see what these files contain. I think this is a good move by the NZ govt and definitely I am sure some interesting encounters that have happened in NZ can now be read in the official files.

A researcher says "some sightings could have been alien technology. "There are cases that are certainly not our technology. It has been scientifically proven that this is entirely possible." "

With UK also releasing it's files last year I think we now have more information and I hope some other govts also release their files to the public

Hundreds of pages of secret files on New Zealand UFO sightings will be released by the military this year.

The files include reports of UFO sightings from 1979 to 1984 and references to the Kaikoura sighting of December 1978.

The files are held by Archives New Zealand and were to have been made public this month, but the Defence Force is removing personal information from them to comply with the Privacy Act.

"At the moment we are working on making copies of these files, minus the personal information," a Defence Force spokeswoman said. "Once this work is completed, we are hoping to be able to release a copy of all the UFO files, including some ahead of their release time, within the year."

Source: www.stuff.co.nz...

[edit on 22-1-2010 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
My first thought here is that this is just awesome!

My second is one of suspicion. Maybe they won't release ALL of their files, just the wackier ones as is seems previous countries did (to a degree at least).

At least these moves raise public awareness so that's a start.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
How many countries released their files already? And what has come of it? Absolutely nothing.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
already posted and being discussed here -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join