It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US sheriff says mom forced son to kill pet hamster

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

This might be the cruelest thing one can do to a child. That b**** is F****** nuts. I really hope they lock her up for a very long time. It would be best for the kid.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I hope her eye gets poked out with a broom stick in prison

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Whatever happened to taking away the kids TV?

what about a frickin spanking?

Or maybe, just maybe, try and help your kid, if he's getting bad grades try and figure out why. Get him a tutor or talk to his teachers about extra help. People are nuts these days.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Meanwhile halal butchers kill thousands of sheep by slitting their throat.

But hitting a hamster with a hammer is somehow even more monstrous and evil.

Ok, So you think forcing someone to kill their Beloved Pet is the same as what you say?

I put the above line in so I didn't break the One line No Post Rule..
What I really wanted to say is

YOU'RE AN IDIOT.. Plain and Simple.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
One of the designated indicators of the psychopathic individual is torturing and killing pets. This is abnormal to an extreme degree. First, the animal was not raised for food; it was living in the home with the child and was his animal friend so the child was learning responsibility for a living being. Second, there should be a link between the action and the consequence and there is no link between the bad grade and the hamster. The hamster was not responsible for the child's grade. Third, the mother (her photograph makes her seem deranged) was training her child to be a killer on command; this is a terrible brainwashing technique. The child valued his mother's love enough to kill his little pet at command. Four, just imagine how this could evolve. Boy is 18 years old, and when he gets annoyed at last with mom, takes the hammer to her. Or to a wife when he loses a job. Point is, the mother is seriously deranged. The child needs to be separated from her at once. No telling what else he has endured under her tutelage so far. Mom needs mental help for a long time. This is an abhorrent act on her part. The boy needs to live with people who value life, his life, and his dignity.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

Because of some deranged individuals, why snuff out the entire human race? There are wonderful people who make all of us grateful to be human. I would miss humanity.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to post by niteboy82

Don't get me wrong please, the mother made horrible (to say the least) decision. But the alternatives would be....
1. Waste tax payer money over a dead rat.
2. have tptb tell us how to parent.
3. make people get a liscense to have children.

It is child abuse. The child will have the guilt and horror in his mind for the rest of his life. And it'll affect him always. I wouldn't be surprised if he developed PTSD from it. A lot of trauma victims do. Having to go through life being triggered and reliving it over and over again. Lots of flashbacks.

And a hamster is not a rat.

People who are cruel to animals are cruel to people too.

And the boy has probably lived with other abuse if it got to this. What kind of terror does this boy live with, especially now?? And if he's forced back with his mother?? He'll be afraid, terrified, to make a mistake. The psychological manifestations are enormous.

[edit on 1/22/2010 by Jessicamsa]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
She should be made an example for human virus, so if anyone ever tries to harm defenseless animals again they will remember the fate of this particular virus.

Are you not a human??

Are you saying you think of yourself as a virus??

Or is that only OTHER humans??

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by UMayBRite!

FLAME ALERT!

So, you'all believe a 12 year old who can't get out of his own way in
school? He probably abused the hamster by forgetting to feed it. He likely
terrorized it by playing with like a stuffed toy. The mother puts it out of its
misery to punish him. Big Deal!

What do you mean "who can't get out of his own way in school"??? How does someone get in his own way?

Just because a kid gets lousy grades doesn't mean he/she is a lousy kid. It can also be a sign of problems at home like abuse, family fighting, etc. A kid living with the type of woman who would force him/her to smash an animal to death with a hammer is bound to be messed up in the head from it.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

To save millions of other species if 1 species should be eradicated it should be humans, and it would be worth it.

Wow...

Are you saying you are suicidal?? Or are you so anti-social that you want to kill us all off and have the world to yourself???

reply to post by YourPopRock

I would have taken the initiative if I had a way to eradicate entire human species. As long as I live I still have hope of finding that way and in the mean time I can perhaps repay those torturers the same way.

I guess this later post answers those questions...

Some interesting people here on ATS...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Please stay on topic:

US sheriff says mom forced son to kill pet hamster

Yes, the topic.

I used to breed hamsters. They are very sweet, intelligent critters.

And they have feelings.

Beating a hamster to death with a hammer is cruelty to animals. So, the mother also caused her son to commit a crime. She should also be charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor, if she hasn't been already.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

it is obvious you are trying to derail the thread with your ravings.

LOL are you serious, friend? Every one of your posts prior to this has been you raving, sounding like a lunatic telling us all about how humans are a virus and needs to be 'taken care' of by nature. If you hate your species so badly why not commit suicide? Surely you're willing to take the first step in the creation of this 'cure'?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Absolute sick bitch.

Poor kid. Nothing material should ever deserve a life.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The woman obviously needs a little help and assistance, probably the boy as well.

Hopefully she gets what she needs and I hope the family isn't completely destroyed from the legal rulings and media exposure. I wouldn't agree with putting her in jail. What she did was decidedly horrible, but so is separating a family and creating a media pariah. People tend to do bad things with this stress and exposure, like kill themselves, or hurt others in various ways.

Give her the help she needs, rehabilitate the child. Putting her jail makes her a burden of the state and leaves the family with nothing.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
The woman obviously needs a little help and assistance, probably the boy as well.

Hopefully she gets what she needs and I hope the family isn't completely destroyed from the legal rulings and media exposure. I wouldn't agree with putting her in jail. What she did was decidedly horrible, but so is separating a family and creating a media pariah. People tend to do bad things with this stress and exposure, like kill themselves, or hurt others in various ways.

Give her the help she needs, rehabilitate the child. Putting her jail makes her a burden of the state and leaves the family with nothing.

Well said. Despite her crime. Mercy and guilt should be her real aid.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I too, had a very mental abusive mother. My mother was certifiably insane from years of drug use on top of being down right crazy, but better that than to have suffered in today's foster care system. AKA any thing after 1997. The average foster child is on 11 psychotropic drugs
Fostercare prescriptions--Finally Alarm

Drugs missused in foster kids
Foster parents put focus on chemical restraints

I have a friend whose mother was a drug addict. He was left with her and one day walked inside his shuttered house to bump into her cold, swinging legs. He'd found his father dead of an overdose 6 months previously.

Naturally this guy grew up absolutely tormented, violent and suicidal, despite being a sweet guy at heart.

And my own childhood was one any child should be rescued from.

So I hope a good foster family is found for this poor kid.

[edit on 23/1/10 by Kailassa]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Part of the training for Hitler Youth was to raise a puppy, and then kill it on command.

It's an effective way to teach a child to become a cold-blooded killer.

A pet can become loved as a family member. From a child's point of view, there would not be much difference between killing their own beloved animal friend and killing a younger sibling. This is about as cruel and traumatic as it gets. Having been an abused child, I'd say what this mother did was even worse than the constant abuse I had to live with.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think it's sad to see that there's a lot of pathetic posts on this matter as well as empathetic.

Seriously, how the hell can you say the woman shouldn't be punished for this? Waste of tax money? What're you dickheads complaining about wasted tax money for? That's all your government knows how to do with tax money, anyway.

This story is sick as all hell. That kid's gonna be pretty damned messed up. I bet he had to look into the poor hamster's eyes just before he lay that hammer down. That image is going to be burned in his mind for good, y'know. I hope this woman gets what she deserves.

Killing anything living, whether it be an ant or elephant, is cruel. Yeah, I still do enjoy a good steak and chicken, but I still think it's horrible how the cows and chickens are killed.

But that's a different subject altogether. However way you view this story it's just horrible.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Whine Flu]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
[edit on 23-1-2010 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I am glad police & prosecutors are taking animal abuse seriously. There is a very strong link between cruelty to animals and child abuse & other domestic violence.

Some people are just evil.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join