It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Terror Threat Raised To Severe

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
How convenient it will be if there is a flu-related terror attack which is then used to justify the 'forced vaccinations'

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

My only answer to that , is that we do not pay taxes so that the government can feel free to compromise. We pay them to create solutions to problems that we cannot solve alone, not to create problems. If they cant do the job , then they ought not apply . That much IS their responsibility and they should be made to pay for that mistake.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

With all the training the police have had lately I would say its a fair bet, this is the way it will play out, false flag then martial law, then whilst the people are forced to stay at home the mice will play.

Hiya Fran, long time, no see

I've got to ask. When you make predictions like this, do you ever acknowledge failure? Here in the UK, we're in no imminent danger of martial law. I doubt there are enough military or police available in the UK to even make it practical.

Two years ago a 'severe' terror threat led to tanks...I kid you not...tanks being parked around Heathrow or Gatwick airport. What the hell are tanks gonna do against suicide bombers or hijacked aircraft? My point in raising that silly tale is to repeat that we don't do panic in the UK like some other nations. Spain and the UK have lived with terrorism for decades. Bombs go off and we carry on as usual.

This severe threat level will pass. Life will go on. There's just no need to expect a fascist state or dictatorship arising from this warning. Take it easy

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Its just more scaremongering so the Police can arrest anyone simply for "thinking" there a terrorist.
I like the EVERYTHING IS OK video on Youtube where the group are outside the US Embassy and threatened with arrest, the guy then goes "Im sure Terrorists go around carrying Loudspeakers and make their actions known for all to see."

The Police have lost touch with what there supposed to do, and thats patrolling the street's and looking after the Public intrests at value. Not go around like a gang and round up anyone they want simply because a mythical law says they can do.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JJay55

Say if I go to work in the morning then by 12 noon there is a terror alert. How is this going to help me in any way? I'll still have to take the same transportation home along the same route and same bus and subway or train. If there was a legitimate alert in what way is telling the masses going to help my cause in capturing the terrorists other than create more fear in the masses and win public approval for more military spending. Wouldn't it be in the best interests of the gov. to keep these threats to themselves and try their best to deal with it like everything else they've done in the past. Why are the masses all of a sudden privy to such intel?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
ooh i'm really scared. they better take more of my rights so i can feel safer. lol

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Seriously, does anyone give a damn about alerts and all that other bs? This is Britain! We only get 'novelty' acts of terror like retards blowing up on trains or charging at an airport entrance. Smacks of a lack of ambition to be honest.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
Seriously, does anyone give a damn about alerts and all that other bs? This is Britain! We only get 'novelty' acts of terror like retards blowing up on trains or charging at an airport entrance. Smacks of a lack of ambition to be honest.

So far that's true, but who knows what is next. There's a huge stockpile of toxic vaccines sitting there and laws that will make it incredibly difficult for us to avoid them in the case of so-called 'bio-terror'. Imagine if we are told that the fictional Al Qaeda have released a deadly mix of Swine Flu and something else, almost everyone will end up getting jabbed with who knows what is really inside that so-called vaccine.

Before someone from a non-science background replies "but I know someone who had the jab 2 weeks ago and they're fine" please do keep in mind that we have no safety data for 1 year or more. There could be something nasty in store 2 or 3 years after injection.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The only thing the really scares me is this government.. missed a few blasts by moments before.. can't say it did much to scare me into doing anything differently.. tho I do walk through Victoria rather quickly now..

I still think we should have interesting names names for each state..

I remmeber working for the MOD as a contractor with all the different coloured bikini states etc..

At least they made me smile and have me singing "itsy bitsy tiny winy yellow poolka dot bikini" all day and thinking happy naughty thoughts..

The only complaint I have is the lack of imagination in this government.. I mean... what boring threat levels we have.. it makes me cringe..

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Jokes aside.... this is a pretty serious issue... i mean with bombings and the like... things do happen and things do go 'Boooom'... lets just hope nothing major does happen because if it does i'll presume that the jokers here won't be joking on the day....

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenYourHead
My advice to the UK is don't buy into this whole terrorism thing like the US did. Don't let your media influence you like what happened here.

We've been suffering terrorism in the UK for many, many years! Before the WTC had even started being built we were often hit by terrorism. The 60's, 70's and 80's, IRA bombs were relatively frequent.

We went about our business as usual, with simply a subconscious awareness of what we had been learnt.

We didn't change after the recent Al Qaeda related attacks in the UK and their is no reason that we are suddenly going to change now.

It's just British nature to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and carry on. It's what got us through the Blitz, all our cities being bombed to the ground in the 40's. I honestly don't think you could find a less hysterical society.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It is a pretty serious issue, hence I see the jokes as a sympton of that... in all honesty if we had a joke meter, that would be a good indication of how serious things actually are.. the more jokes that fly around the more serious that matter is..

I've been close to a few of these things, seen the mess they make, and know the realisation that you are not safe anywhere, but if I was not to laugh and enjoy my lifeas each day comes.. then I might as well hide myself away someone dark, which I don't plan to do..

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

And if we had a "lets be serious meter",we would see the sad connection between the so called government cutting 120million or so from the foriegn anti terror budget a few days ago,and this subsequent rise of the terror level.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I tried to make the connection here,but I was probably too annoyed at the time to get my point across in a clear manner.
Oh well.I stand by my point-the gov have elevated the terror level because they have cut the funds.
Rhymes with tankers.IMO.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jameshawkings
How convenient it will be if there is a flu-related terror attack which is then used to justify the 'forced vaccinations'

You seem a tad obsessed by this hypothetical unlikelihood. The NHS is not equipped nor motivated to undertake a programme of forced vaccinations and the authorities would be unable to force anyone to do anything they did not want to. Anyway, the swine flu pandemic has not really happened, which is actually quite a good thing considering the last pandemic killed off one million across the world.

This paranoid hysteria is fantasy.

To topic. The security levels go up and down. No one notices. The police remain un-armed, the military remain un-politicised and more terrorism remains a fact of life, as it has done for decades – what with the PIRA and all that.

Please relax, go to the pub and meet some normal people.

Regards

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
reply to post by JJay55

Say if I go to work in the morning then by 12 noon there is a terror alert. How is this going to help me in any way? I'll still have to take the same transportation home along the same route and same bus and subway or train. If there was a legitimate alert in what way is telling the masses going to help my cause in capturing the terrorists other than create more fear in the masses and win public approval for more military spending. Wouldn't it be in the best interests of the gov. to keep these threats to themselves and try their best to deal with it like everything else they've done in the past. Why are the masses all of a sudden privy to such intel?

If you don't have a personal emergency plan already in place you are way behind the average person. You should have family friends and neighbor alternative communication and a route to walk home which they all know. If you have kids they should be ready for an emergency plan too.
You should also have emergency supplies and potassium iodide in your pocket at all times.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
paraphi,

Whether accidental or deliberate, your post is not accurate, I'll guide you through.

The NHS is not equipped nor motivated to undertake a programme of forced vaccinations

It wouldn't have to be the NHS. According to this document the Police would be involved

9.3.5 Mass Vaccination Procedures
The PCTs will be responsible for planning and co-ordinating mass vaccination to the general
public.

And there would be (already are by now) secret Mass Vaccination Centres

Secret Mass Vaccination Centres in UK

the authorities would be unable to force anyone to do anything they did not want to

UK Pandemic Plans (last updated Nov 2009) UK Pandemic Plans

See Section 4 4
Powers to impose compulsory vaccination; there you will see that they can make life very tough for you if you refuse the vaccine.

Anyway, the swine flu pandemic has not really happened, which is actually quite a good thing considering the last pandemic killed off one million across the world.

The point is not that it will mutate naturally but that the plan is to release Swine Flu combined with something far worse to justify the 'forced vaccinations'

Please relax, go to the pub and meet some normal people.

Strange to tell me to do that while you're still here? Is it that you get paid to be here perhaps

This paranoid hysteria is fantasy.

If only that stockpile of toxic vaccines would go away then I wouldn't need to warn people about them anymore.

Seems to be a lot of 'paranoid hysteria' since those untested vaccines appeared on the scence along with the recent 'forced vaccination' law changes.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk... tml

I can't get the link to work, it is probably too long: Anyway go to www.telegraph.co.uk and search:

Al-Qaeda has trained female suicide bombers to attack West, US officials warn.

It's top headline this morning.

Anyway I reckon there is a few possibilities of whats going on here.

1: That the secret service have picked up talk of an imminent attack and are planning to either stop it; or learn the scale of the attack and allow it to happen.

2: The secret service are planning something and already building a picture of the enemy for the citizens of Britain. (See Link Above)

3: Or British citizens are just simply being remineded that we must be fearful and who the enemy is; mind control through fear if you will.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Trying Times]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Back again to my analogy of the DANGER OF ROCKS FALLING notice on the road to work. There was little you could do if it happened and no one avoided the road in case it did. It's part of the human condition to assume these things happen to other people. Indeed, could we even set foot outside the door if we didn't think like that?
As a teenager I nearly died when I was swept out to sea by a riptide. My first thought was this can't be happening to ME!
Back to the terror alert. It may be true, it may not. But what are we supposed to do anyway? Not got the latest stats but in 2007, just under 3,000 people were killed on UK roads. Casualties of all severities were around 248,000. But does that stop us going out?
Situation normal I think.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by unicorn1]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Trying Times

Yeah, this has been all over the news this morning. I've gotta say I'm really disappointed....I thought women had more sense!

Suicide Bomber is like an icon for extreme stupidity. Whichever way I analyse the actions of a suicide bomber...I keep seeing Darwinism in action
The world and the gene pool won't miss them. Believing that killing innocent people gains reward is stupid and sick. I genuinely expected more sense from women.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Are you saying you don't believe in Equal Opportunities?

Seriously I guess it seems more shocking because women are supposed to be the more nurturing sex.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join