It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Terror Threat Raised To Severe

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
With so many radical Muslims nestled comfortably in that country, how could the threat level ever be anything other than "Here They Come Again"?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I couldn't care less what the threat level is - I trust the authorities to be working hard at stopping any threat, whether real or potential, 24/7. It is why I pay my taxes.

So what if the level if Deep Red? Just WTF am I supposed to do about it?

Terrorists - you try and kill me at your own risk. I *WILL* fight back.

Other than that, just another day at the office for me.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

very true i am sure there are many in the UK, but is does not change the fact. They will never defeat us

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Ah, Retseh. I had begun to think you had grown tired of badmouthing the UK at every opportunity!

So many Muslim extremists, hey? Funny that, can't see too many of them where I am... Care to cite any evidence of these hoards of evil Muslims that are apparently "nestled here comfortably"?

I assume to 10 million odd Muslims in the US are not "nestled" at all and that you can safely say there are no extremists amongst them at all? Lets not even mention the amount of Christian extremists you have over there, which is something we don't have here. People in glass houses and all that....

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
I just raised my personel threat level to ORANGE

Now my ORANGE is 2 levels above PINKISH/RED

PINKISH/RED is never good and is just 4 levels below the dreaded BLACK LEVEL7

BLACK LEVEL7 is the top or worst color in my personal color threat-o-meter. It is 15 levels above, or worse than the bottom color which is LAVENDAR.

LAVENDAR is good - I feel good when I am at LAVENDAR, but of course I always end up rasing it to OFF WHITE before a LAVENDAR day is done.

What color was it again?

Dorian Soran

The Good Doctor

Hahahaha, thats was brilliantly funny!

In all a very effective colour threat indicator

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I just got this level alert via MI5 aswell, Hmm makes you wonder with all the little incidents at airports around the world lately and many wondering if all the things going on right now are just "The stage being set" so to speak...

Interesting days ahead, One i do hope though goes without incident.

Secret Agent are you?

Yeh.... the coming weeks should be interesting... i'll be on the look out for any dodgy looking people carrying rucksacks!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenYourHead
My advice to the UK is don't buy into this whole terrorism thing like the US did. Don't let your media influence you like what happened here.

LOL - you've got to be joking.

Our lot in the UK have got to keep it going to justify "bringing democracy" in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Don't forget we had the IRA blowing up shopping malls and killing civilians for years, and the only warnings we got were 10 minutes before the bombs went off after the IRA had phoned in a code word and location.

There's no way the security services are suddenly so good that they can predict in advance that something is going to happen, and if they had an inclining something was going to happen they wouldn't tell us anyway to keep their intelligence secure.

It's just a gentle prod to make sure no one forgets that we're all in "imminent danger" from "international terrorists".

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hello guys i'm new to ATS but have been reading posts from everyone for a very long time now. In any case here's what i think the terror threat means.

If the threat has been raised to severe it probably means something is in the works from the terrorists, i mean it is the UK. They have let go the freedom of speech for the longest time now and there ways of dealing with so called Terrorist threats have been far too ignored by there government. In any case i think something will go down there soon, and i also strongly believe whatever it is that goes down there if anything will be the draw in europe for fight against terrorism, by that i mean there will be a mutual consent in the EU over how to deal with the situation, which will bring it down to employing and enforcing the agenda for the NWO. Thus far the Eu has only joined the coalition forces not actively participating in the fight and given agenda. If something happens in the UK, this will set the stage for the EU to gather the fight (unknowingly) in collaboration with the NWO. I guess we just have to wait and have to see at this point.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
I couldn't care less what the threat level is - I trust the authorities to be working hard at stopping any threat, whether real or potential, 24/7. It is why I pay my taxes.

So what if the level if Deep Red? Just WTF am I supposed to do about it?

Terrorists - you try and kill me at your own risk. I *WILL* fight back.

Other than that, just another day at the office for me.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

In all fairness I doubt your taxes are being spent how you think they are... I'll bet more of your tax money is earmarked towards the development of new Nukes (trident) than to 'anti-terrorist activities'.

I'm pretty sure I could mock up a home made bomb, walk into pretty much any building in this country undetected and set it off... the government would not have the slightest clue, unless they read this post and arrest me in the morning not getting that it's entirely hypothetical. But then again, they're just stupid enough to do that - they need arrests to show they're actually doing something 'preemptive'... when in reality they're sat waiting for the very much unknown, or more likely planning for the internally known.

Increasing the threat level is probably a ploy to either divert attention from Brown's upcoming Iraq inquiry, push in ID cards or gain support for the airport scanners.

I've long since lost any confidence in this government to do anything in our genuine best interest, least of all in their ability to tell the truth for any more than 5% of the time.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
2010 is going to be the start of the end and we are all along fore the ride.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Evidently, 7/7 didn't destroy enough civil liberties.

Time for another false flag. Look for another government terrorist "training exercise."

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So the UK raises the terorist alert, 2 days befoe the timewave zero and halfpast human crowd agree that the 24th will be of some significance.

TPTB using internet chatter to make a prophecy come true?

Luciferian VS christians?

Maybe HPH & TWZ is correct?

Maybe the muslims don't want the Saints to go to the superbowl!

That's it! Saints / Colts Superbowl would means millions of dollars bet against the Saints...gold down dollar up

If the Saints win the championship, there is a planned disaster to stop the "Saints" from playing the Superbowl!

Saints win championship...something blows up...superbowl cancelled by Obama in reverence...Saints never get to win.

Luciferians couldn't actually bear the SAINTS winning right?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Found an Artical from Dec 2009, www.timesonline.co.uk...

"Police expect Mumbai-style terror attack on City of London"

Also does have to make you think if this could be a kinda scare tactic to get us to except these new body scanners that they keep on going on about in our airports,

Or a ploy to get us forgetting about the whole Iraq inquiry thats all over our news right now, Mr brown next in the chair eh?

Things that make you go hmmmm

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
How the Mighty tremble!

Having lived through the worst of The Troubles here in Northern Ireland I can't help but feel a sense of schadenfreude.

The British and Americans encouraged both sides here to murder and cause the public great fear.

What goes round comes round!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Whenever there is heat on the ruling elite, as is the case of the Iraq war evidence investigation, this kind of thing happens. Just another way of distracting the masses from something truly important.

Same thing happened in the US with those threat level increases. They are now almost a tip off that something is going on NOT related to terrorism.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
this threat levels helps in a way too..lets not forget that..

for example :

This system helps police and other law enforcement agencies decide how to allocate staff.

i mean to scare people off they just have to record another fake bin laden promo home video

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is from the OP article:

An official from the Department of Homeland Security told Sky News the increased threat level brings the UK in line with the US in terms of airport security measures.

I don't think the threat levels are intended to be for the general population. They effect the government and security personal more. These threat levels are next to useless for the everyday person, I don't know anyone who has ever changed their daily routine due to a threat level. I could imagine that government and security personal have certain changes in procedure at each level.

I live in the US and I know how people say the government uses threat levels to instill fear. Honestly, if didn't visit this site I wouldn't even know what the threat level was, ever. I would imagine this is the same for the most of the general population.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by amance
Whenever there is heat on the ruling elite, as is the case of the Iraq war evidence investigation, this kind of thing happens. Just another way of distracting the masses from something truly important.

Same thing happened in the US with those threat level increases. They are now almost a tip off that something is going on NOT related to terrorism.

still i must admit your insight is quite a good one

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticwarrior
How the Mighty tremble!

Having lived through the worst of The Troubles here in Northern Ireland I can't help but feel a sense of schadenfreude.

The British and Americans encouraged both sides here to murder and cause the public great fear.

What goes round comes round!

First of all that's a disgraceful thing to say - Shame on you ...and secondly 'me owd china' ... we've put up with it for decades -

Tremble? ... Not in the slightest!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Anyone would think there's a general election on the way ...

Ohhh ... hang on a minute....

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join