It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orion and me- a personal story

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

no, i dont have the program, and i know that you will not see the two constelations in the sky at the same time. i just thought it was odd, that the lady told me i was a son of Orion and i was born early the only one of my mothers three children to be born that way, and by being born early i went from being a scorpio to a libra.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
im a virgo, numerber 11, i constantly see 222. my bday is 8-28-82 which broken down is 11-2's. i lived on route 222 half my life and spent 2 years in the army with 2nd battalion, 22nd infantry... strange no?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
from wikipedia:

In ancient Aram, the constellation was known as Nephila, Orion's descendants were known as Nephilim.[12]

The stars were associated with Osiris, the god of rebirth and afterlife, by the ancient Egyptians.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Did you know that from Earths perspective, due to the wobble, that when you were born, the Sun really rose with Leo?

Crazy huh?

I was born on the 30th of Aug....found all of this out 2 years ago. Hence my nick name for ATS>

Im not saying you should look at it that way...just passing on what I discovered.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

Hello crimsongod...

Were you under weight? Does it seem that when you were born that you werent full term? Just curious....if you were of a good weight, mabey your birth calculations were wrong....and again....mabey they were not. Just checking all thoughts.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

yes i was born underweight and no there wasnt a mis calculation in the planning of my birth, my projected birthdate was Nov. 5 and i was born on Oct. 9. the same day as my father and i was projected on my mothers birthday.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

There are just so many synchronisities with your story. It is like no matter how the coincidences piled against you, there is just not room for coincidences to be. Interesting incarnation there crimson. I wish you peace on your path. I hope you keep a spiritually open mind and continue to feel with your inner light.

Btw, I dont believe in any coincidences, but I wanted to point out just how happen stance your life seems to not be happen stance.

LV

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

im not sure that i follow you, i guess maybe the lack of sleep of late is starting to get to me.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I would dare make the assumption that you chose to incarnate here, chose the family, and birth time possibilities. I would assume its not happenstance you could of chose parents that had birthdays 1 month apart from eachother...being either way, your likely hood of being born under one of their signs was high.

These are just rambles of mine, I am in no way trying to stir you in any way (which I doubt that would work with a soul like you anyways).

Advice for this experience? Just be you, be what you believe in, be what you love, be you. Find joys in life, embrace both woes and joys, for they all mold us, both show us our deepest self if we are willing to look. No one can say enough that a path is personal, no one can tell another what something means to them in a personal way, so just know Im just reverbing what some of this would make me think about. For you it could be totally different for what things resonate with you.

Not sure if my rambles are just adding more confussion, sorry if they are

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

all i can do is just keep living my life and searching for answers i hope that some day either some one or myself will be able to post something that resenates with all of us. and that everything will just click for us.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This doesnt seem to be the world of answers

Mabey that will change, who knows. It seems any answer that does surface, only brings more questions.

It sure helps to be able to adapt, cope, and adjust on this sphere of experiences. Be prepared for the unexpected, be able to go with the flow.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
well i go in tonight to get my tat finished, funny thing is i thought it was done, i went back and talked to the artist and he just wasnt happy with it, so were going back in tonight i will post a final pic of it tonight i hope if any one is interested.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
ok well getting the new pic on my pc has been a little bit of a hassle but no worries here it is all done

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8372daf25630.jpg[/atsimg]

i hope that any and all of you who have found an interest in this subject are finding the truths you are looking for me on the other hand im still searching and plugging away finding theories and myths but nothing more...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
There are some indicators the precursors to life may have started not on Earth , but in the Orion Nebula.

Precursors of Life-Enabling Organic Molecules in Orion Nebula Unveiled by Herschel Space Observatory

ESA's Herschel Space Observatory has revealed the chemical fingerprints of potential life-enabling organic molecules in the Orion Nebula, a nearby stellar nursery in our Milky Way galaxy.

This nebula is known to be one of the most prolific chemical factories in space, although the full extent of its chemistry and the pathways for molecule formation are not well understood. By sifting through the pattern of spikes in this spectrum, astronomers have identified a few common molecules that appear everywhere in the spectrum. The identification of the many other emission lines is currently ongoing.

By clearly identifying the lines associated with the more common molecules, astronomers can then begin to tease out the signature of particularly interesting molecules that are the direct precursors to life-enabling molecules. A characteristic feature of the Orion spectrum is the spectral richness: among the molecules that can be identified in this spectrum are water, carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, methanol, dimethyl ether, hydrogen cyanide, sulphur oxide, sulphur dioxide and their isotope analogues. It is expected that new organic molecules will also be identified.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Also, there has always been a mystery as to why amino acids exhibit a left handed chirality which may have been solved with the discovery of polarized light in a star-forming region of the Orion Nebula. The right handed polarity impairing the right side of the amino acid and leaving an excess of the left handed as we see on Earth today.

A long-standing puzzle connected with the origin of life on Earth is why all of the amino acids in terrestrial organisms are "left-handed", or laevorotatory. One possible answer is that the choice was made, not on the Earth's surface, but long before the Earth and Sun even formed, by the action of ultraviolet light on interstellar molecules. Support for this view came with the 1995 discovery of excess left-handed amino acids in the Murchison meteorite1 and the 1998 discovery of polarized light in a star-forming region of the Orion Nebula. The existence of circular polarized light (in which the plane of polarization continuously changes) in the Orion gas clouds , by James Hough of the University of Hertfordshire and colleagues, using an instrument attached to the Anglo-Australian Telescope,2 is especially significant. Although the observations were made at infrared wavelengths, the team argues that ultraviolet light in the same region, which is obscured by the clouds, should be polarized as well. Ultraviolet light can force chemical reactions to make molecules of mostly one handedness instead of an even split between the two forms. Right-handed ultraviolet light destroys right-handed molecules, leaving an excess of left-handed ones, and vice versa.

www.daviddarling.info...

If life first developed in the Orion Nebula , we would assume it got to earth by some form of panspermia . Usually a Comet . But since we don't know for sure , we could also say me might have come via a more direct form of panspermia , ie, sent here deliberately . If life is formed in some other place in the cosmos (Nebula) , there is no particular reason to think it only came to Earth and no other cases of other planets were seeded , and maybe millions of years before us. And hence why it could be direct panspermia.

The Nebula then , could be a kind of 'organic nursey'. Where both life and planets are born . And is distributed somehow to the rest of the cosmos via this central production plant . The life form created would be nowhere near as complex as our own ..even with this far vaster supply of organic material. But from there, it spreads like pollen on a cosmic wind (of comets etc ) in the hope of finding a 'fertile' planet. Those closest to the Orion would have a greater chance of seeding and civilization to develop the earliest.

Maybe there was some kind of bootstrap kind of first lifeform along our lines of thought on abiogenesis, but not of an evolution we currently envisage with our earth model, under an alien environment with unknown parameters , we wouldn't be able to yet determine how it'd happen. Now, while these far more basic lifeforms may have taken a lot longer to reach a level of Civilization we have in our time.. they may have somehow reached a point after millions of years where they could actually have improved their dna code by intelligence . That would then become the point when intelligence became the predominant evolutionary factor , the ability to consciously detemine a lifeforms 'successor' .. giving rise to a kind of strata of lifeforms being born off the back of the previous by intelligent design . and the next lifeform with an improved dna would lead to an exponentially faster design for the next. Could be that should we start to improve on our dna code, a new improved 'human' model that'll become the next 'species'.

So anyway, there comes a time that this civilisation thinks it might want to preserve its species by sending its dna off into space.. either that or it wants to try say another type of lifeform ie carbon based if say for instance they are silicon .. but for whatever reason, they want a brand new design of dna or an existing (maybe improved) type of their own to send to another planet ..and they send it in pods carrying dna across the universe ? And maybe thats how you ,and we all, may have originated from Orion .

[edit on 9-3-2010 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

lots of good info thanks i will have to re read that so as i can get the full scope of everything thank you for the post

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What I mean is , anatomical complexity isn't a prerequisite for the accumulation of knowledge . The common thought is that we are created by a being or race greater than ourselves . Why should this be , why could we not be made by something exhibiting a lesser degree of physical intricacy than ourselves, but over time have accumulated the knowledge to have acquired the knowledge to improve upon itself . Maybe the initial 'organisms' were not much more than blobs . Once intelligent enough , artificial creation of a species will always be a superior mechanism than just leaving to chance by way of 'natural selection' the course of action in what dictates the next evolutionary jump.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Orion has always drawn me too. I just mentioned in another thread how I feel like Orion is my friend. I love seeing him in the sky. So whatever that means, I never thought it was odd until I read your thread and saw that you and others are drawn to him too. Someone mentioned a Sons of Orion idea... I would maybe be a daughter of Orion? I should research it more. Well anyway, thanks for sharing your story and I just gotta say, I absolutely love your tattoo. When I clicked on your thread (was doing a search on Orion), your avatar instantly caught my eye and I love it.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hah! I KNEW it wasn't just me! My wife likes to ask me if I'm looking for ufos while I'm outside smoking at night (she knows I come on here and that is a common topic... loves to poke at me for it, in a good natured way); I am almost always just looking at Orion. Especially the reddish star for some reason (the head of the constellation I believe). Always have, for as long as I can remember. Nice to know there are others that feel drawn to it

I was born in '82 if that helps, am an Aries. I've been in several car wrecks without a scratch (the worst one was in a convertible mustang, packed with 5 people, none of us had seat belts on, car blew a tire around a curve -we were going about 75 mph- and the car flew off the road bounced off an embankment, then landed again in a creek about 25 ft down.. I was the only one unharmed). A lot of things the op was asking about on page one resonate with me.

Also, glad to see ya here LeoVirgo

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Well i just dodged another bullet as they say, this morning i was at work driving my truck and went to make a left hand turn, when SMASH, a Mack truck pulling a front end loader smashed into me, obviously i was bit shocked at first after a trip to the hospital to get checked out i made it back out to my truck to gather my things, the Mack truck had hit me just infront of the drivers side door ripping the hood off my truck smashing my mirror and doing a large amount of damage. if the truck had hit between 10 and 12 inches further back on the door i would not be here to post this, i would be lucky to be alive. still freaking out about this 7 hours later. just wow how many times can i do this before my luck, guardian angle or whatever it is runs out?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I had this other thought , on how life originated in the nebula . But a kind of two stage process . They know the components of life are formed in the vicinity of new born stars . In that organic nursery of the nebula , they would have the requirements to form life . If they are there long enough , to form complex life . If they are swept out before achieving any great degree of complexity , on solar winds and comets etc , then they do not have that environment in which to develop anymore , and their evolutionary process is stunted. These go on to form microbes , bacteria etc . Not the higher forms of life that are achieved by that which is not swept out from the nursery zone . I am vague and I am not explaining it very well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join