It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cover-up/reality/or big movie promotion? Asteroid impact concern?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Just finished chatting with a friend and he had this to say regarding the astroid impact threat.

he believes that its nothing more than an elaborate hoax designed to promote the Day After Tomorrow.

I asked why and he said well this Aussie Bloke, his initials are AB right. Well there is an Art bell who is working on the film as an advisor and story writer. My friend thinks its him or somone using his initials.

if it does turn out to be a hoax then the film makers are playing a very dangerous game. The english speaking internet from flower arranging to body building forums are ALL talking about this. Sooner or later it WILL go mainstream and when that does all the nutters on this planet will be flinging them selfs off big buildings, gassing them selves in cars, slashing wrists going on rampages.

the film boyoys are playing a VERY dangerous game. But like i said IF it is a hoax and IF it is the film producers. i think its time for us to know one way or another before the dying starts.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I doubt it's a DELIBERATE movie promotion. I'm sure that the movie has made more people think about it though.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The movie "The DAy After Tomorrow" has to do with what is happening to the atlantic current, it has nothing to do with one or three asteroids.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It's not too far fetched...look at what the websites devoted to the Blair Witch project did for that movie...even The Matrix had a huge following on the internet before seeing the movie...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
You see the bit where the tsunami hits New York. EXACTLY how a 'roid in the atlantic will cause damage to New York and the UK/Europe.

'roids or atlantic current or supa volcano, the devistating effect is still the same.

(u need to see my butt after a bad curry, now that is scarey BOOM!)

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by rustiswordz]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Don't know if you've seen this thread yet but there's a decent amount of information/paranoia/confusion/fear/dismissal/denial (and thats just what i'm experiencing) here Have a look and make up your mind. Although I agree, if this does go mainstream the proverbial sheet will most definately hit the fan. There will be chaos unless there is an instant admittance that it's a hoax. We are all worried about it and we are the free-thinkers, imagine the sheeple's reaction

[Edit] Obviously you have seen the thread, sorry I misread your post...

Peace

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by tandino]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tandino
Don't know if you've seen this thread yet but there's a decent amount of information/paranoia/confusion/fear/dismissal/denial (and thats just what i'm experiencing) here Have a look and make up your mind. Although I agree, if this does go mainstream the proverbial sheet will most definately hit the fan. There will be chaos unless there is an instant admittance that it's a hoax. We are all worried about it and we are the free-thinkers, imagine the sheeple's reaction?

Peace

Exactly my point.

ITS A DANGEROUS GAME GUYS WHOEVER YOU ARE. TIME TO END IT IF YOUR FOOLIN'.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I did a google search on a variety of June Asteroids and it seems that almost every year a doomsday asteroid was set to destroy mankind each year....each was sur this was the one and each had thier satellite images and astronomers to back them up...isn't this just another year of crying wolf?

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think that if this has anything to do with DAT, then we will know by this Friday, when the movie comes out.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Check out my sig, The Day After Tomorrow will be the biggest crock of bull ever to hit the screen. And I thought the core was bad, but anyways, people will go see it cause its memorial day weekend, and stuff gets blown up, yadda yadda. But please dont use it to portray what could happen to the earth. The ice caps melting would raise sea level, yes, but a new ice age would lower sea level. You cant have both. More ice, less water, more water- less ice. And what the heck is with the ice following them down the hallway. COME ON! Climate changes take thousands of years to create shifts like that. Its in the rock record. Its in the fossil record. ARGGGG! Im pulling my hair out.

Oh and if an asteroid was coming towards earth we would just take some offshore oil well bumps and send em into space with some russians to blow it up, right.

[Edited on 5/26/2004 by zsandmann]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I really apologize, first off, for being such a wiseguy...

I think that the movie was made so that the asteroids can hit us while we are in the movie theater, that way we won't hear them... ehy will be timed to be in sync with loud noises in the theater. Of course, since we all have our own reality, then all asteroids can hit the earth undetected by us... and if you don't go to the theater, you won't be living in a world destroyed by an asteroid!

(lol... this is actually kind of a philisophical joke with all answers to whether we will get hit by asteroids or not)

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
the film boyoys are playing a VERY dangerous game. But like i said IF it is a hoax and IF it is the film producers. i think its time for us to know one way or another before the dying starts.
Well, it's up to people to use their critical thinking about what they read anywhere, whether it's about asteroids hitting earth or a planned terrorist attack this summer in the United States.

I don't think that the Aussie Bloke Asteroid Ordeal is made by the movie producers to promote The Day After Tomorrow. I think that because this Aussie Bloke person is giving us a dooms day event about what's to happen, that would not be good public relations for the movie or the issue of human generated global warming.

In my opinion, this person is serious about what they are saying and many will find the evidence, like what energy_wave says about the terror alert levels keeping people under the control of the Government once the asteroids come down, if they do.

I don't think its promoting the movie at all.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
This is going to far, read some of the other sites, people are worried about thier children, talking about killing thier pets. There is going to be a regular Meteor shower called the Arietids that starts on May 22 and runs thru July 2 with the peak occuring on June 8. So what happens when people see this and take this as the sign of the Asteroid impact.

The duration of the Arietids meteor shower extends from May 22 to July 02,
with maximum activity occuring on June 08
(solar longitude=76.8�) from RA=44.5� ,
DECL=+23.6�. The hourly rate is near 60 at
maximum.
This is the strongest daylight meteor shower of
the year, discovered during 1947 by operators of
the radio equipment of Jodrell Bank (England).
Meteor shower data

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zsandmann
Check out my sig, The Day After Tomorrow will be the biggest crock of bull ever to hit the screen. And I thought the core was bad, but anyways, people will go see it cause its memorial day weekend, and stuff gets blown up, yadda yadda. But please dont use it to portray what could happen to the earth. The ice caps melting would raise sea level, yes, but a new ice age would lower sea level. You cant have both. More ice, less water, more water- less ice. And what the heck is with the ice following them down the hallway. COME ON! Climate changes take thousands of years to create shifts like that. Its in the rock record. Its in the fossil record. ARGGGG! Im pulling my hair out.

Well, on this I disagree with you, first you have to be an oceanographer or Research Marine Physicist, and not a geologist, to know what the Arctic melting will cause to the Atlantic current. Yes, the movie portrays it too fast, but you are also wrong that it takes thousands of years for rapid climate change. This has been covered many times already, let me see if i can find some links.

" Despite government pressure on NASA not to support the scenario in The Day After Tomorrow, scientists are backing the science behind the film. The part of the film most of them object to has to do with the compression of events that they think will happen gradually. Marine physicist Tim Barnett says, "What happens will frankly be worse than what they show, in the long run. Our lives and all our systems will get stretched and stretched and pushed and pushed. The conflicts that will come up will be remarkable." Andrew Bridges quotes oceanographer William Patzert as saying, "�Perhaps it's an opportunity to crank up the dialogue on our role in climate change."

Excerpt taken from.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

" TIM BARNETT
Research Marine Physicist
CRD/MPL

Degrees
B.A., Pomona College
M.S., Ph.D., University of California, San Diego-Scripps Institution of Oceanography"

HIs credentials were taken and can be found in this site.
sio.ucsd.edu...(%5E'.T%2C%2C%20%0A

There is also this newest press release.

"OSLO, Norway (Reuters) -- Global warming is hitting the Arctic more than twice as fast as the rest of the planet in what may be a portent of wider, catastrophic changes, the chairman of an eight-nation study said Monday.

"There is dramatic climate change happening in the Arctic right now ... about 2 to 3 times the pace of the whole globe," said Robert Corell, chairman of the Arctic Climate Impact Assessment, an 1,800-page report to be handed to ministers in Iceland in November."

I posted the above in another thread in ATSNN, there you will find the original link. Here is a link to the ATS post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I couldn't find some of the other threads where other members and I show more information. But here is a good link.

" In the 1950s, a few scientists found evidence that some of the great climate shifts in the past had taken only a few thousand years. During the 1960s and 1970s, other lines of research made it plausible that the global climate could shift radically within a few hundred years. In the 1980s and 1990s, further studies reduced the scale to the span of a single century. Today, there is evidence that severe change can take less than a decade. A committee of the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) has called this reorientation in the thinking of scientists a veritable "paradigm shift." The new paradigm of abrupt global climate change, the committee reported in 2002, "has been well established by research over the last decade, but this new thinking is little known and scarcely appreciated in the wider community of natural and social scientists and policymakers." "

Excerpt taken from.
www.physicstoday.org...

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Muaddib]

top topics

join