It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Announces Designs for Personal Flying Suit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

NASA Announces Designs for Personal Flying Suit

gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com...

The designs for NASA’s personal flying suit have been unveiled. Over on our sister blog, In Transit, Dan Saltzstein writes about the conceptual designs for Puffin, an experimental vehicle, which were introduced by Mark D. Moore, an aerospace engineer at NASA’s Langley Research Center, earlier this week.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-1-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

So ATS what do you think about it? Which would you prefer this sit or a spaceship which can Travel to Mars in Three Hours. Imo both are cool.

gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I always wonder if I will live long enough to actually experience some of this technology we are hearing of today.

Hopefully I do because frankly, some of these things are beyond the sci-fi predictions of old. Truly amazing.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Theres already a thread out on this, your about two days to late m8

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
This has already been posted. anyway for seeing this vehicle in action watch:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Wow!! It may have some practical use but for the life of me I can't figure what that might be!
Well I got a good larf of it so that's something!

Those wacky NASA people just keep the gags rollin in don't they!

NASA aka "Crazy Clown Airlines"

[edit on 22-1-2010 by MOTT the HOOPLE]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
WoW I just shat bricks.. This is so amazing...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I dont know if id call that a suit.But it is cool as hell though.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Oh dear... they called it the Puffin

I take it no one at NASA has ever seen a puffin trying to land... that alone would make me avoid this thing for all times sake

[edit on 22-1-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Stuff like this is why we aren't puttung people on Mars or even the Moon. NASA just blows money on silly designs like this and then after tons of cash has been dumped into the project it will get cancelled.

Even if the thing does get made the qustion is why? What are they thinking with crap like this? What is the purpose of something this silly and useless?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by fieryjaguarpaw]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
There is already plenty of cool cheap personal flying machines like this turbine mosquito for $50,000 with a running cost of $30 an hour

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

Great aircraft!

Not really much different from a large turbine R/C heli. Awesome!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw
Stuff like this is why we aren't puttung people on Mars or even the Moon. NASA just blows money on silly designs like this and then after tons of cash has been dumped into the project it will get cancelled.

This.

Even if the thing does get made the qustion is why? What are they thinking with crap like this? What is the purpose of something this silly and useless?

[edit on 22-1-2010 by fieryjaguarpaw]

Probably trying to market something for the rich folks, but they don't even have any decent ideas lately. This thing will need fly by wire much to become "idiot proof" that means NASA can charge much for repairing over time failing equipment probably made in China and every now and then would also need new upholstery when the pilots crap themselves due to uncontrollable stalls. Its a sure hit!

[edit on 22-1-2010 by spacebot]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Considering the way that most people drive their cars, Gee… I cannot wait until these are out. Just what I need, my neighbor who cannot park a vehicle on a 2 dimensional surface, crashing through my roof while I am asleep with one of those.

top topics

join