It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS Crew Spots Cylindrical Object

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
From today's On-Orbit Status Report:
www.nasa.gov...

ISS Reboost: This morning at 4:06am EST, the ISS successfully performed a reboost using the SM Main Engines. The purpose of this reboost is to test the SM main engines prior to the larger reboost scheduled for 1/24. The combination of these two reboosts will set up phasing for Progress 36P launch and several FD3 (Flight Day 3) rendezvous launch opportunities for STS-130/20A. Burn duration was 54 sec, delta-V 1.02 m/s (3.35 ft/s), with a mean altitude gain of 1.77 km (0.86 nmi). This was the first time in about a year that the SM engines have been used for reboost. The second reboost with a delta-V of 2.8 m/s will have a duration of ~3 min and is scheduled for 1/24 at ~4:00am. [After the reboost this morning, the crew noticed a metallic cylindrical object, floating freely immediately nadir and forward of ISS as viewed from the SM. Photos were downlinked.]

Pictures may end up on this on-going gallery:
www.spaceflight.nasa.gov...

Now, the report has been slightly edited for consumption by UFO buffs, as almost all published reports of astronaut signtings of UFOs are -- but since most folks seem to accept such improvements, why break with a successful, satisfying pattern?

Another more serious point: NASA does its own editing, too, as in the serious problem that followed the last time the Russians ignited these same engines. I had to blow the whistle on some fact-deletion by our space team back then:

Jan 2009 story here: Shaking on space station rattles NASA
Vigorous vibrations caught on video during orbital reboost last month
www.msnbc.msn.com...
updated 8:27 a.m. CT, Wed., Feb. 4, 2009

[edit on 22-1-2010 by JimOberg]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Interesting story. thanks for posting it.

I didn't find the pictures so maybe they haven't posted them yet but if you happen to see them please post them or a note here saying how to find them on that site...I noticed they don't have a category for "UFO" pictures

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I wonder wheter we will get any pictures from them at all, because when the October Moon bombing took place, they blocked all pictures from one of their online galleries, because the pictures were showing a city ruin and some structures. When i asked NASA to fix the gallery, they said they would do it, but instead a month later the site was taken down and deleted. Shame i didn't download any of those pictures before that.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
According to the page from the link in question;

"[After the reboost this morning, the crew noticed a metallic cylindrical object 4-5 cm long, 1 cm in diameter, floating freely immediately nadir and forward of ISS as viewed from the SM. Photos were downlinked.]"

Given the small size of the object, perhaps it is a tool or part from a craft or equipment that was lost during a previous mission?

As for the shaking, I couldn't begin to guess.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by synchro
"[After the reboost this morning, the crew noticed a metallic cylindrical object 4-5 cm long, 1 cm in diameter, floating freely immediately nadir and forward of ISS as viewed from the SM. Photos were downlinked.]"

Given the small size of the object, perhaps it is a tool or part from a craft or equipment that was lost during a previous mission?

Is it a tool, or a mothership for this alien race, or something else?

Maybe the pictures will give us a clue if they release them.

I like that commercial, it should make us reconsider our anthropocentric bias.

new topics

top topics

join