It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow being help needed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hi,

I wonder if any of you can help me.

I have recently been reading through past threads about shadow beings. I came across one post on the thread 'The Mysterious Shadow People: What Are They?' that describes a shadow being that is identical to one that was sighted at my house. You can read the post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The author of the post describes two types of shadow beings. The first is a humanoid type and the second is a 'a huge amorphous shadow blob'. The second type has been seen by three different people outside one of my bedroom windows. It was approximately 3 to 4 feet high and 3 feet wide, it was like a black blob and the only distinguishing feature were its red eyes (that would float and waver around) and snakes all around its 'body'. It was also holding something like a spear.
The first type (the humanoid shadow) has also been seen, but it is the second type that has been the most frightening.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone else who has seen similar beings. I was hoping to get in touch with the author of the post mentioned, but unfortunately they haven't visited ATS since 2004. So it would be very helpful to hear from those of you who have seen a similar being and what you have experienced, to help try to understand what it is and what, if anything, to do about it.

* Also, one more thing that was quite concerning at the time. One of the people (one of the three people who saw the shadow 'blob' creature a week ago) had a nosebleed straight after seeing it. This person never normally gets nosebleeds. Anyone know why they might get a nosebleed from seeing something paranormal?

Many thanks for reading,

Aelf

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Aelfrede]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Are you serious about this post?....I'll tell you what, I'm open to alot of things and possibilties, but I have never seen or experienced anything like what you describe. I wish I could help but I have yet to witness one of these "shadow beings" in either a sober, intoxicated or psychedelic mind state.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Socristotle
Are you serious about this post?....I'll tell you what, I'm open to alot of things and possibilties, but I have never seen or experienced anything like what you describe. I wish I could help but I have yet to witness one of these "shadow beings" in either a sober, intoxicated or psychedelic mind state.

its actually quite common for people to report such things, i have heard of "shadow people" many times before.

@OP : see if you can snap a picture of it, if it is as common as you say just carry a camera around in your pocket.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Yes, very serious. I know it might seem far fetched to those who haven't seen such things, but when you have seen things like this with your own eyes, and have had other people see the same thing at your house - it's a different matter entirely.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
So far, this is the closest likeness I could find (except it was wider and had snakes swaying around on it. It's eyes swayed around in a similar way to the way the snakes moved. They bobbed up and down, first the left one going lower and then the right one going lower):

s4.hubimg.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
One night when I was sleeping a while back, I dreamt that a man/thing in dark clothes grabbed me and if felt like fire had gone through my body. I woke up screaming. Well that same night when I was sleeping my ex-husband saw a dark figure in our room just standing there and looking at the bed and the dog was growling at it.

I had also heard family members when I was little describe the dark man in the hat. Saying that they would see a dark figure/man in a hat sometimes in the house.

I don't know much about them, but I never get a good feeling from the stories I've been told, and the dream I had still scares me, even when I woke up it felt like I had fire running through my body and veins it was the most painful feeling.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
there are many ways to interpret your "guest", paranormally or otherwise.

firstly, is it a trick of light and imagination (the skeptic must be satisfied)?

secondly, if you are fairly certain this is a sort of presence, then what is your intuit concerning this presence? do you get the heeby-jeebs? does it feel... unpleasant? familiar? etc.

next; you may 'smudge' your abode. smudging is a basic cleansing ritual, invlovling the burning of sage. carry the burning sage to the various corners of your abode, and especially to the portals (windows/doors). formulate your intent in your mind (i.e. ask this thing to leave... or ask that only friendly folk come to visit, etc.).

if this doesn't diminish the presence, then either your abode has a steadfast guest, and you may need more powerful mojo to deal with it... or someone who lives at that house (presumably yourself) has a 'being' hanging out with them. if you believe in such stuff, you may want to visit a decent psychic or medium to learn more.

anyhow... i realize my answers stray on the paranormal side of things. once again, i do not deny the skeptic there view, but sometimes the white rabbit does lead us to other worlds where the logistics of "see it to believe it" aren't necessarily the prime operating system.

good luck.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This particular 'blob' type has been seen only twice. Once by one person, and the most recent (a week ago) was seen by three people at the same time. However other things have been seen, like figures in door ways. Also unexplained noises. I will try this out with the camera, but the problem with these sightings is they typically happen really fast. Others who have experienced this have probably found the same (that they appear fast and suddenly and often disapear the same way. However, that doesn't mean that the average camera user couldn't take a photo of one of them. It's worth a try. In fact, I messaged someone earlier for advise on a cheap night vision camcorder I could get that I could set up and film the hallway/stairs (where a lot of activity is). Is it right that a lot of modern camcorders do not have proper infrared night vision anymore?

Originally posted by The Cloak

its actually quite common for people to report such things, i have heard of "shadow people" many times before.

@OP : see if you can snap a picture of it, if it is as common as you say just carry a camera around in your pocket.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
traditionally speaking, the shadow refers to the dark, repressed unconcious part of ourselves. ghosts are born from these shadow parts that do not heal. it was the shamans role to 'deal' with these 'brooding' forms of energy that existed either as a part of us or as the residue of another being (i.e. a ghost, or an external manifestation of that persons 'darker' aspects).

shadows exist in many cultures, east, west, native american, etc.
of course there is a whole pantheon of shadow type beings. googling shadow and shaman would get you to some of it.

sorry i don't have a more direct route, but the info is out there.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by mythos]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
OK, as I read your post a name keeps jumping out at me. Aini. I see a torch not a spear. I've got to do some research. You into anything bad occultwise?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hi there, sounds like a pretty frightening experience, especially to have your ex see a dark figure in your room the same night.

It seems a real mystery as to what these beings are. Most information available doesn't seem to go beyond labels for identfication purposes.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Originally posted by whoreallyknows
One night when I was sleeping a while back, I dreamt that a man/thing in dark clothes grabbed me and if felt like fire had gone through my body. I woke up screaming. Well that same night when I was sleeping my ex-husband saw a dark figure in our room just standing there and looking at the bed and the dog was growling at it.

I had also heard family members when I was little describe the dark man in the hat. Saying that they would see a dark figure/man in a hat sometimes in the house.

I don't know much about them, but I never get a good feeling from the stories I've been told, and the dream I had still scares me, even when I woke up it felt like I had fire running through my body and veins it was the most painful feeling.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Oh man. Not another one of these disgusting things. I have dealt with quite a few cases involving shadow creatures. It seems to me that they are emerging more and more frequently as of late. How you describe them is exactly the way that I have seen them before. I will tell you that they are perfectly capable of interacting with the physical world.

A case I did a few years ago involved a 12 year old boy. He was going to his bedroom to fetch something for his brother, and the lights would not turn on. He saw two red eyes at the floor level of the bedroom, and soon they stood up to eye level. It reached for him, threw him to the ground, and left physical marks. If the case wasn't confidential, I would post pictures of the wounds inflicted. The boy fought back by trying to kick it where it's eyes where, and when he tried to pull his foot back, he couldn't. When the thing finally let go, he had distinct bite marks on his foot. When he stood up to leave the room, the lights mysteriously turned back on, and the thing was gone. When I showed up, I definitely felt something brooding in the house, and saw the damned thing with my own two eyes. I cleansed the house (as I don't normally smudge with sage...but it's the intent, not the tools), and it didn't come back.

A proper cleansing of the house would be the best bet, as these things operate (at least in my opinion) at the lowest levels of vibration in our overall energy field. They are nothing more than the vermin of the Otherworld, preying on the fear of their victims. If you don't know how to ground, center, shield, ward, and cleanse, I would look it up on Google, as they are very helpful tools to prevent these things from coming back.

Good luck with your situation, and remember not to fear them, as they just feed off of the negative energies associated with fear.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hi Mythos,

firstly, thanks for the advice and taking the trouble to get back to me about this.

Those here who have seen the blob type shadow being definitely feel uneasy about it. It doesn't feel good. With regards being familiar, one person has seen it here before a few years ago.

Thanks for saying about the smudge. I have heard about this before, and haven't given this method the credit it might deserve. It's just hard to imagine why burning a particular plant might have such an impact. But I'm going to get some and give it a go.

I am also looking into seeing a psychic. It was interesting timing, as the other day I got chatting with a woman who lives in this area and somehow we touched on the subject of psychics. She said she had found an excellent one who sees and communicates with dead people (she talks to people at the side of her all the time) and knew things about this woman's deceased relatives that basically astounded her.

Thanks again for your help,

Aelf

Originally posted by mythos

secondly, if you are fairly certain this is a sort of presence, then what is your intuit concerning this presence? do you get the heeby-jeebs? does it feel... unpleasant? familiar? etc.

next; you may 'smudge' your abode. smudging is a basic cleansing ritual, invlovling the burning of sage. carry the burning sage to the various corners of your abode, and especially to the portals (windows/doors). formulate your intent in your mind (i.e. ask this thing to leave... or ask that only friendly folk come to visit, etc.).

if this doesn't diminish the presence, then either your abode has a steadfast guest, and you may need more powerful mojo to deal with it... or someone who lives at that house (presumably yourself) has a 'being' hanging out with them. if you believe in such stuff, you may want to visit a decent psychic or medium to learn more.

anyhow... i realize my answers stray on the paranormal side of things. once again, i do not deny the skeptic there view, but sometimes the white rabbit does lead us to other worlds where the logistics of "see it to believe it" aren't necessarily the prime operating system.

good luck.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Im confused!

In what way is a "shadow being" different to a regular ghost. Are'nt you just calling it by a different name.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

To answer your question: At least in my experience, I find that shadow creatures were never living flesh and blood human, where as ghosts are the energies associated with deceased humans. Shadow creatures show no remorse and no concern for harming humans.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Algebra

Im confused!

In what way is a "shadow being" different to a regular ghost. Are'nt you just calling it by a different name.

No, well not from my experiences anyway, they "feel and "look" different. Not come across any shadow entities for a good few years now, they always sent a shiver down my spine

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
O.K so there kind of like Demons. I think i know what you mean now. thanks for clearing that up.

Never experienced one myself, or heard them mentioned outside ATS thats all.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   

O.K so there kind of like Demons. I think i know what you mean now. thanks for clearing that up.

Never experienced one myself, or heard them mentioned outside ATS thats all.

Well, in an overly generalized view, yes, they are like demons, but they aren't demons. I don't really think any of us know where they come from, why they are here, etc. All I know is that they are troublesome scum, and they are easily removed given the right motivation....

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

You know what i mean

Demons are the only comparison i could think of.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

reply to post by truthseeker1984

You know what i mean

Demons are the only comparison i could think of.

I know. Just busting your chops a bit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join