It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenhouse Gases Replaced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I have a friend who works on a farm. He told me that they are beginning to add sulpher to fertilizer because, now that we are removing this "ghastly greenhouse component" from our fuels, the plants no longer have sulpher to extract from the air (or at least not enough).

Isn't it interesting that whereas before the plants had all they needed from our "waste," and now they get to charge us for it?

Heh.

EDIT: Typo

[edit on 1/22/2010 by Amaterasu]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't be suprised to find out Al Gore has money invested in sulphur.

The whole global warming scam is nothing but a huge money making scheme!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

wait, i thought sulphuric emissions were already limited by anti- acid rain legislation. nitric oxides are something too look out for, too because these effectively act as nitrogen fertilizer (within reason of course).

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

[smile] I think it's likely about Gore... Thanks for the correct spelling of sulphur. I was debating as I wrote it in the very limited amount of time I had access to the internet.

And yes. If this globe is warming, it is because of outside influences, mainly from the sun. I am just struck by the irony of this new development in fertilizing needs. We took the sulphur out of the air, and now we need to buy it to add to the soil.

Thanks for the response.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
wait, i thought sulphuric emissions were already limited by anti- acid rain legislation. nitric oxides are something too look out for, too because these effectively act as nitrogen fertilizer (within reason of course).

Yes. I think that is key in the irony here. [grin]

top topics

join