It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This has to be 100% genuine???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know what a plane looks like too, and that's what it looks like.

Regarding the reason the video was edited, could it be to expose the ignorance of some people who THINK they know what a plane looks like and were ready to rule that out as a plane because it was seen from some interesting angles with the lights on?

This thread exemplifies 95% of the UFO phenomenon and the statement (and the movie) "I know what I saw" (and it wasn't an airplane).

No, you don't know what you saw, and yes, it was an airplane (in this case), or helicopter, or weather balloon, or chinese lanterns, or a mirage, etc.

But then there's the 5% of sightings that nobody can really explain as clearly as this one is explained. They keep it interesting, but obviously this is NOT one of the 5%, I knew it was a plane before I saw the whole video Phage posted, and I hope those who didn't recognize it (and even those who did) learned something about UFOlogy and where the 95% of sightings comes from where people "know what they saw" and it wasn't an airplane.

People don't understand how a plane can just "hang there" like that but CHUD and others explained it pretty well here, but still a lot of people won't read this thread and assume any object that "hangs there" can't be a plane. And to the poster who thinks this video shows more than one object, no, I think it's all of the same plane.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So the bloke edited the plane out,,so what,,that plane definately looked like a plane,,the other object dont look like 'that' plane or any plane lol and you can hear the plane,the whole time the other object is there,,theres no sound.

Even if some people here actually saw something they couldnt explain they would still fob themselves off with ahhh must ave been a balloon or plane or chopper ,,,yeh,,cant be UFO they DONT exist,,coz thats to bizarre.

The amount of authentic UFO videos thats been posted that still get a few saying its bs and therefore everyone thinks it must be.

And I know theres been some crappy videos of UFO's trying to pass for real but not every single 1 is bs.

I think this one could potentially be a real one because I know its nothing like a plane.

S&F

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by enca78

I know exactly what it is, and I don't care if these other people say it's an airplane. It is a Eurocopter BO 105 twin engine helicopter, and as I said before you can clearely hear it. You can dance all you want with the focus, however, the sound and pixel distortion lets me know that is a helicopter.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yep, that is 100% an airplane.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by enca78
reply to post by sensfan

Are you serious?

Id say she/he is right, since you can see the blinking wing lights... originally I was like 'hmm wow that cloud cover wouldnt allow the sun to reflect of a plane like that" but after seeing it completely and seeing the blinking wing lights in the zoom ins id say it was most likely a plane with heavy sunset reflecting of it.

Now if the 'wing lights' where constantly on or blinking more rapidly id say this was an unknown, but those 'wing lights' are blinking the everyday regular bog standard airplane speed... I watch enough planes every day around the same time the film was taken, so im saying like Sensfan its a plane.

Thing is... where was the film taken? the Youtube video makes no mention of it apart from being from the same country as me. If we knew where it was from, we could find out what sort of nearby air route it might be on.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

It's alleged (in the original video) to be filmed in Auckland (any beaches on the north side of the bay?). That being the case it looks like the plane would be flying northwest toward the camera (appearing stationary) before making a right turn to final approach.
www.aip.net.nz...

[edit on 1/22/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yet another unimpressive video posted on youtube, that on it's own proves absolutely nothing. It could be anything from CGI to a UAV or simply a model aircraft, or maybe even a real one. Next!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

If you check the video that Phage posted, it says Auckland.

Funny that the approach to Auckland airport is over water too:

So what I think we see in the video (particularly the one Phage posted) is the plane is coming in from a southerly direction, then turns to the east onto it's final approach, this could possibly place the person filming it somewhere near Titirangi

**EDIT: What Phage said!
Am I allowed to say great minds think alike?

**ANOTHER EDIT: I believe the footage was taken from Green Bay Beach:

36°55'53.86"S 174°41'23.21"E

Thoughts?

[edit on 22/1/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

Also planes move they dont hang like that.

Ever seen an airplane at night that is headed right for your direction or even straight away from you? It sure seems to just "hang like that".... Untill it either gets close enough that you can see it better, or it turns...

So it is very possible for it to appear to just float in mid air... In other words, just because it looks like it is, does not mean that it is...

Now I am not saying that it is in fact an air plane but at the last few seconds if you look closely, It appears you can see blinking beacon lights on the edge of the "wings"... Which would signify a man made craft....

[edit on 22-1-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just thought I would add further to my above post.

Using the Auckland approach map that Phage provided from HERE, we can plot the aircrafts flight on google earth by using the GPS markers (BEDIN S37 05 07 E174 42 44 and SADEM S37 02 11 E174 41 29).

Which can be seen here in red:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19d281a73e09.png[/atsimg]

The green is the rough field of view from the filmmakers location, Green Bay Beach.

As we can see the plane would be moving off slightly to the filmmakers right, this reflects what we see in the video.

Video again for clarity:

We then see the plane banking off to the left (east) as it makes it's final approach and where the footage is cut off.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
reply to post by enca78

I know exactly what it is, and I don't care if these other people say it's an airplane.

I just have to ask, did you see the rest of the video Phage posted showing the airplane which was edited out of the OP video?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I see an aircraft , looking headon, landing lights , in a gradual slight bank to the right. A few instances of flashing strobe lights and possibly port/starboard lights.

Possibly on final or recently took off, hard to tell, however with all those visual clues, and nothing but slow/progressive and consistent flight, you gotta drop this in the jet aircraft pile.
IMHO

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It looks really believable but I dunno maybe... I have actually seen 1 ufo in my lifetime which is pretty cool but I didn't have a camera with me and It was silver and cigar shaped... could be reptilians again.... and it could just be a water tower. Heh...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhines
reply to post by Phage

Yep, that is 100% an airplane.

Didnt you hear what mr "know it all" said? Anything that says "100%" it isnt...

So now you just created a stupid paradox and I wont be able to sleep. If it says 100% UFO its not a UFO... you say its 100% a plane, I'm not stupid... wont fall for that again, so its not a plane...

Now... what Identified Flying Object (cant be UFO) is not a plane?

Is anyone 100% sure that maybe its a helicopter... I mean, I just want to rule out the possibilities...

We do know its a IFO tho... is anyone sure that that thing is an Identified Flying Object?

Cause according to "mr 100%" there, if you are 100% sure thats identified then the paradox will liquify my brain matter...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
** disregard **

What kinda jerk shows ALL THAT and deletes the last 10 seconds showing it's clearly an airplane... loser.

or...

From a Psychological point of view: you watched what you thought was a UFO for 3 minutes, then, upon being disappointed it was actually an airplane you didn't know how to express your feelings. So, you reacted with passive agressive tendancies to make everyone feel what you did by posting a "UFO video." Maybe just talk to someone next time.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's alleged (in the original video) to be filmed in Auckland (any beaches on the north side of the bay?). That being the case it looks like the plane would be flying northwest toward the camera (appearing stationary) before making a right turn to final approach.
www.aip.net.nz...

[edit on 1/22/2010 by Phage]

Ah ok, I was born and grew up in the Northshore area of Auckland... heck Aucklands got hundreds of beachs, bays and inlets

Heh yeah Chadwickus pretty much has it, the guy was looking towards the Auckland airport, sheesh... i mean you can easily see the wing lights on the object in the zoomed in segments, but the location and filming direction just pretty much confirms its a plane coming around and preparing to land.

If the video taker/uploader did edit his vid to hide tell tale signs its a plane, then the guys a complete disgrace. If hes a new zealander, then he's even more of a disgrace.

Thing is this threads gonna end up a mile long with back and forth arguing about why it is or isnt, even when the evidence is pretty clear for it being a plane. Which goes to show people grab at anything... which plays right into the hands of the hoaxers or filmmakers trying to play off a tricky piece of footage for a few minutes of fame and a hit count for their Youtube vid.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
What amazes me more than this obvious video of an aircraft, is the amount of people on this forum that actually believe this commercial jet-liner is something else. Even with the lighting characteristics, flight pattern and shape, people fail to concede to standard logic... Even more amazing are the ones who have really created a fantasy world for themselves and will tell you that the Aliens are using regulation navigation and collision lighting to blend in, just like that nut-job Allison.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Jocko Flocko]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by enca78

You know, it should be said that this same thing has been seen and recorded on video ALL over the world.

Same exact thing, the colors, the shape, the morphing movement. Eerie.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Very nice work guys. I'm disappointed I wasn't around at the beginning!

This effort reminds me of my one of favourite ever pieces of debunking/analysis/call it what you like. Not because it is humorous, nor because the original footage was even slightly convincing.. Just the level of thoroughness! It was this page on the Mexican Air Force UFO debacle (which I believe is still being promoted by the laughable Jaime Maussan..)

www.alcione.org...

It sorta looks a bit like a tinfoilhat page at first glance - note that it goes on for miles... but the work this guy put in to absolutely 100% identify the flares is just astonishing. And that is just one of several pages...

When I first saw that Mexican AF UFO video, I could not believe that the pilots were actually mistaking those very obviously ground-based lights for something moving - I still can't...

Also reminds me a little of Michael Lee Hill and his UFO's - the ones coming in to land at Cleveland Hopkins Airport....

I love a good mystery, but the stream of videos like this is almost overwhelming.

One good thing, I guess, is that at least a few more poeple are becoiming educated on such things as what aircraft really do look like around airports, what lens flares are, what bokeh is, etc..

..and how easy it is to mislead, be it deliberate or not.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
PS - I just watched the full version. Of course it's a plane - if your screen is properly adjusted you can see the aircraft in profile at 2:55 and 3:13.

And a few tips for similar challenged videographers.

1. Get a tripod or lean on a tree.

2. TURN DIGITAL ZOOM OFF
(as soon as you see those lovely squared off fuzzy shapes, you know you are looking at uselessly multiplied garbage).

2a. Zoom SLOWLY.

3. Use MANUAL FOCUS, and REFOCUS as you zoom.

4. Use a decent video camera
that doesn't have ludicrous sharpening/poor compression quality (the dark edges at left and right).

5. Don't change the exposure or other major settings without giving details and explaining why.

6. Don't stop videoing before the aircraft lands. That's a dead giveaway..
(That one comes with a special hi to Michael Lee Hill!)

(Rant ON)

Now, I would really like those who stridently said that it was impossible for a plane to look like this, to come back and explain themselves. I live near an airport and see this all the time - if necessary I can post similar footage of planes 'hanging' like this, then peeling off - but frankly, there is plenty of similar footage all over the place..

I find it astonishing how people will glibly assert something on topics they have little or no experience with. Instead of sitting at your computers, maybe some of you should actually go outside and watch the skies a little more? Find a busy airport, go there in late afternoon, and make sure you drive around and see what happens when you are near the flight approach path (which is not necessarily in line with the runway..)

What exactly do you think the plane will look like as it comes straight towards you, very slowly descending?

(Rant OFF)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join