It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christie's drops human skull from auction

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Initial Press release for item

The item was described on Christie's as:

A Skull-And-Bones Ballot Box, 19th century Among the more unusual items the sale is a 19th century ballot box in the form of a skull and cross bones inscribed with the name ‘THOR’ that is believed to have belonged to a member of the Skull and Bones Society, one of the oldest and most prestigious secret societies in the United States (estimate: $10,000-15,000). The ballot box is offered with an accompanying black book embossed with the name ‘Edward T. Owen/1872’ on the front and the numerals 322 on the back and lists society member names from 1831-1877, as well as a selection of approximately 50 photo portraits. As an artifact of the 19th century-era society – when member names were routinely published by the society itself – the ballot box and documents offer a rare glimpse into an organization now shrouded in secrecy.

The society no longer releases a list of members, but I would take a guess that perhaps it made its way to Christie's through the descendants of Mr. Edward T. Owen.

I did manage to locate this

According to Christie’s, Owen graduated from Yale in 1872 and later became a professor of French and linguistics at the University of Wisconsin. The seller’s name has not been released, and the person has been identified only as a European art collector.

The above article goes on to say that it would not be Geronimo's skull as that was "rumored" to have been taken in 1918, so I gather this may have been the original and had gone missing, thus the need for a replacement.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
"Christie's drops human skull from auction"

Did it break when they dropped it?

Anyone considered that they didn't belong to the Order of Skull and Bones in the first place and were fake? (real but not in origin or use)

Maybe that is why they were withdrawn and maybe by the request of the Order of Skull and Bones themselves.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I wouldn't be so bold as to say it was disproven decades ago, his great grand son only sued the club last year for their return. I'll snoop around and see if I can find the lawsuit, or if anyone else can get it faster it would be grateful.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Why would anyone believe what an occult group would say? I'm sure it was hard to make a case but I'm also sure that just becasue a court of law wont hear a case doesn't make it true. Also considering how many judges are Masons and S&B. Justice is for the Elite or like our SCOTUS has recently revealed in its new opinion, the highest bidder.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
It is interesting to think about who owned it, is it real or fake, why would they sell it and why was the auction pulled.

But the real reason for the publicity is to send a message THE BALLOT BOX IS NO LONGER FOR SALE.

The enemies of America did a master job of rigging the last election. The appeal to all the disenfranchised people and the pipe dreaming youth was just a stroke of genius in this day and age. The suckers ran to the voting booth to create this change they thought would be worthwhile. Boy were they ever wrong, misled and simply ignorant of the threat.

It's a shame Americans don't always know what is good for them. Luckily America knows what is good for Americans, and She knows how to accomplish it.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
I wouldn't be so bold as to say it was disproven decades ago, his great grand son only sued the club last year for their return. I'll snoop around and see if I can find the lawsuit, or if anyone else can get it faster it would be grateful.

The rumor that Bonesmen stole the remains of Geronimo was officially outed in 2006, when a letter dated 1918 was discovered in Yale's library. The letter was probably a hoax, as well.

Alexandra Robbins, who wrote “Secrets of the Tomb,” an exposé on Skull & Bones (even though she's not and never has been a member and has never entered "The Tomb" where Bonesmen meet), took it upon herself to spread the unsubstantiated rumor that Bonesmen stole Geronimo's remains.

Frankly, Robbins doesn't know dick about the Bonesmen. She made some phone calls to Skull & Bones members (who are sworn to secrecy), which was the basis for her book. Right. As if Bonesmen are going to divulge their secrets to a snooping girl.

Anyway, the Skull & Bones fed Robbins a line of BS, and she published it, and Geronimo's descendants subsequently brought a lawsuit last year, even though Yale and everybody else officially denies the story.

CNN: Geronimo's Descendants File Lawsuit Against Yale and Others Over Unsubstantiated Rumor.

They should be suing Alexandra Robbins for publishing hearsay. Yeah, she really looks like a hardened journalist, right?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b948000efc0c.jpg[/atsimg]

— Doc Velocity

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join