It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Rules That Mass Surveillance of Americans is Immune From Judicial Review

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Here's a scary thought..... Do they now control the Military? FBI? Who is protecting who? It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house.

This should be a wake up call to everyone. months ago I made a thread...where I finally began to see it. yes, I was misguided before then, and I know it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Who is they? The elite that control the world?

The U.S. Military is a corporation, and just like all corporations they love profit, I need not say more about the Military.

The FBI is a federal government agency and is of course controlled, just the like the CIA is.

And now addressing the main issue in the thread, well maybe a few more months of pain the people will actually do something, until then, drink beer.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
What do you plan to do about it? Who do you think should lead the charge against these lunatics? They hold the main source to all of America's minds, Television. The biggest news companies are all friends and most likely own shares in other smaller companies.

The key is to have lots of entertainment so the people don't care about real news. That is why Athletes get paid $50 million for 5 years, to keep you guys busy and in a zombie like state.

You guys must seriously do something soon. Because there will be future false flags against the people. This won't stop until you guys round people up and make a change. You don't need a revolution, what you need is 1/2 a million people in front of the white house demanding change.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

India is considered an "extensive surveillance society" -- the second worst. The U.S. is called an "endemic surveillance society", which means we'll get sent to the FEMA camps just for our Google searches.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
We can't even get our courts to uphold the 4th amendment.
Still think this guy has your best interests at heart? Still think he's not Bush's third term?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I authored a thread a while back in a drunken stupor.
Now I know why I did so.
The thread was called "Radio Silence?"

Meaning, right about now is the time for everyone to really watch what they say.
I have been doing it for a while now. Sure, it is okay to voice your opinions, but be sure not to do it too much. If you must, just do it in passing. then go on to the next subject.

For myself, I stay AWAY from the subjects that really get me going anymore, much like this one.
That doesn't mean that I don't care about this stuff. On the contrary, this subject right here is the most important that has ever been penned on ATS, as far as I can tell. Especially on the heels of the SCOTUS' decision yesterday about campaign finanace reform.

This is officially a fascist nation. No if ands or buts about it.

Be careful about what you do next. Be smart.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by JayinAR]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
America is under assault. TPTB are engaged in their blitzkrieg.

Time is on our side though. There is an awakening, and shortly it will reach the necessary critical mass.

TPTB can be brought to their knees. Boycott as many corporations as humanly possible.

Imagine an experiment, where one day Americans agreed to not spend a nickel on Walmart's cheap Chinese garbage. People would quickly get a feeling for the raw power of their collective mind, and their collective actions.

It’s the people who hold the handle with which to apply leverage, and not the corporations / governements. Take out one corporation at a time, through cooperative national boycotts. It really shouldn't take that much pressure, before seeing TPTB's begin to buckle.

BOYCOTT CORPORATIONS!

Have I now qualified to be put under surveillance, for exercising the "right of free speech?" Ask me if I care?TPTB have spit in my face, and now it's time for me to spit in theirs.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Here in the US the military we see are pawns the real power is black and there purpose is still unknown.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wizardwars

Heh, their purpose isn't unknown.
They are a cabal of fananciers who have determined that they can enslave the entire population through control of money.

The framers of the US constitution warned us explicitly about these types of people.
Problem is, nobody ever called them in check. We have ourselves to blame.

Now is the time to realize what they are up to and avoid their checkmate.
Now is the time to play an aggresive defense.

I'll leave it up to each individual as to how that is done, because OFFICIALLY at this point, you have no option.
They are watching, and they don't care that you know they are.

We are legion.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I posted about this yesterday here guess I put it in the wrong place, no one noticed.

that's why we are IN this mess, NO ONE NOTICED

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You know what (this is entirely off topic and I apologize mods)?

I just spent the last few minutes bantering with my daughter over her dress-up clothing. Amazing! There is a whole entire boat-load of SH_T going down in this world right this instant and there are many who are waking up to it.

I would ask each and every one of those people to ask themselves one question... What do your children think of this?
Answer... They don't. They are innocent!

WE can't allow this crap to carry on to them! They know nothing of corruption. They know nothing of corporate greed against the betterment of all!
They know nothing of thousands of lives lost over a "resource" that is obsolete.

All they want to do is look pretty in a princess outfit.
And it infuriates me that i feel doomed to pass his # on to her.

Over and out.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Very well said.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

All they want to do is look pretty in a princess outfit. And it infuriates me that i feel doomed to pass his # on to her.

I'm with you Jay....

My daughter's future....and your daughter's future....is basically crap. I've said this in a few other threads...in the end ideology does not matter.

Family matters. I care about my kid and I don't care what I have to do to take care of her....if it comes down to a choice...it will always be her...ALWAYS.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I'm with you, brother.
This is why I have said that it is time NOW to be very *smart* in what you say.

Wouldn't it be something to just go silent?

Silent but not deaf.

The calm before the storm can be deafening in and of itself.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
I authored a thread a while back in a drunken stupor.
Now I know why I did so.
The thread was called "Radio Silence?"

Meaning, right about now is the time for everyone to really watch what they say.
I have been doing it for a while now. Sure, it is okay to voice your opinions, but be sure not to do it too much. If you must, just do it in passing. then go on to the next subject.

For myself, I stay AWAY from the subjects that really get me going anymore, much like this one.
That doesn't mean that I don't care about this stuff. On the contrary, this subject right here is the most important that has ever been penned on ATS, as far as I can tell. Especially on the heels of the SCOTUS' decision yesterday about campaign finanace reform.

This is officially a fascist nation. No if ands or buts about it.

Be careful about what you do next. Be smart.

Fascism can only succeed as a form of government in an atmosphere of fear and in an atmosphere of intimidation.

Ultimately things end badly for everyone in a fascist nation by going along with it and taking the path of least resistance.

Not only did the fascist in Nazi Germany end up ultimately being defeated and punished, but so too did just about everyone who took the path of least resistance.

Americans have never traditionally been about taking the path of least resistance, nor have we traditionally been a people who hang out waiting to be rescued.

Traditionally we have been a very brave people for the main ingredient om freedom is bravery.

What the War on Terror has really been about is not protecting us from some random act of premeditated violence without warning. Rather its been about teaching brave Americans to be afraid, to learn how to live in an atmosphere of fear and distrust, and to accept that in the eyes of the Law, and in the eyes of Big Brother that each and everyone of us has the potential to be such a threat that each and everyone of us must become subject to invasions of our privacy and liberty and in a way that each and everyone of us is being taught to want to see done to each and everyone of us.

Ultimately we each must decide our own course, but I for one will not be silenced, and I have lived my entire life by paying dearly at times for my refusal to shut up and sit down in the face of those in authority wielding it poorly and maliciously and at times even evilly.

I would rather be frightened of myself, frightened of my own propensity to confront and challenge and stand tall in the face of the oppressive than I would to be frightened of the oppressors and worse yet everyone and everything.

I do in fact scare myself to no end. I never know what I will do next, because the fact of the matter is I will rise to any occasion no matter how potentially difficult or dangerous.

I refuse to be frightened of anyone or anything except for me being frightened of myself.

Frankly though, tyrants, despots, bigots, and the oppressive and those who would misuse the authority and trust and faith others put in them do have very good reason to be frightened of me.

I am in fact quite proud of that, defiantly and happily so.

It is better to die a free man on your feet than to live as an enslaved one upon your knees.

You see my friend Jay a brave man dies but one death, while a coward suffers them again and again and again a thousand times over.

I am a free man, and woe to any other man, who foolishly imagines that they can take my freedom away or stand in my way of enjoying my freedom.

I am after all an American, and the America I was born into is the Home of the Free and the Brave.

[edit on 22/1/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wizardwars
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Do you think that posting on a site like this could get you targeted for surveillance.Not that I care anyway I want them to know how I feel. I refuse to live in a police state.

It depends entirely on the content of your posts and their ability to identify you.

Despite any claims to the contrary there is NO such thing as online anonymity.

That assumption has left a lot of people quite vulnerable.

If you have no regrets about anything you've posted here or elsewhere online then it is likely that you have nothing to fear.

Once targeted, surveillance of an individual usually means they have already decided they are going to arrest you, convict you, and/or simply make you shut up.... Or else...

It is rare... but it DOES happen.

However, if you either have leverage against them, or have nothing to lose, or as in my case, BOTH! Then you really have nothing to worry about.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It's smart of government to be doing business with corporations for things like this, instead of directly doing it themselves.

Because they're people, corporations have privacy rights. Unlike the government. That means they can keep secrets, even in court.

Read closely several of the recent laws protecting 'telecom privacy'. You'll see they do a much better job at protecting corporate records from being supeoned than they do at preventing private citizens from being monitored.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I applaud your semtiments, Proto. But I think you misinterpret mine.

I am no coward!
In fact, I mean to create an ends to this madness!

I am in fact, more dangerous than most (this is what I mean to avoid)...

Everyone knows the danger. We are all here. We see the reports.

What I'm saying is that now the time is to nod and say.. "okay, thanks for the report. They are in the wrong and one day they will be cast assunder. Afteral, that is the scripture they justify through proxy, right?"

Sorry to be cryptic.
I am no coward.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

"It is smart of Governments to be doing business with corporations like this."

Nice to hear that, "Debate Champion."

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I think this is a bit of an overreaction. I doubt anyone really cares that much about what you do in your private life. Unless you're wealthy, famous, or a celebrity.

When you really think about it, it's overwhelmingly cost prohibitive for the government to keep tabs on us. Do you realize how much time and money it would cost the NSA to profile the 300 million or so people in this country?

I'll admit that the NSA has the potential and capabilities to do so but not the time and manpower.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join