It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamond oceans now thought possible on Uranus and Neptune

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This battle has been going on for a couple years now within the space research community about whether it rains diamonds and such. It is believed now that both of these planets have oceans of diamonds, which also could account for the odd magnetic pole situation on Uranus.Discovery News

[edit on 22-1-2010 by djvexd]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is fascinating, thanks for posting.
I had read somewhere that they thought Neptune had huge oceans of liquid water on it and I am sort of disapointed that now looks very unlikely, but its still an interesting article. Thanks. S n F

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I am still trying to wrap my mind around what a sea of diamond would look like. To be honest I never knew that diamond could liquefy. Learn something new every day.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I guess an invasion force will land and take all the resources then

ah well it's cool anyway.. now give us a rain of hot women!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
That is way cool! Just shows how little we know and how much there is to learn. Thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Thanks for the link. I'm thinking about joining NASA just to be able to get as many diamonds as I can bring back. I'll be rich I tell you, RICH!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Assuming DeBeers doesn't get there first. But I was thinking could massive diamond deposits really cause a magnetic disturbance as they are speculating? I didn't know diamonds were able to affect the magnetic fields.

new topics

top topics

join