It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good News... You’re all mentally ill

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
OK finally some god damn good news for once..... Your all mentally ill!!

www.infowars.com...

A man standing on a street corner with a sign reading “the lizard people rule you all,” or, “my neighbors are spying on me for the government” isn’t likely to get many supporters.

But give that man a Web site template, or let him produce some slick videos on YouTube and, lo and behold, he may have thousands of people across the world supporting him.

Such is the story of several extraordinarily popular conspiracy theorists and theories online today.

Take the victims of gang stalking — a subculture of people who think their friends and neighbors are all secret government spies ready to turn them over to the authorities. The movement has recently spawned gang stalking support groups, forums and advice Web sites.

I know this is from 2008 but it gave me a good laugh that they are actually posting stuff like this about people like us (I prefer to call us Aware instead of mentally ill btw
)

I laugh at all those who think we are crazy just because we are aware and don’t believe what we are told.

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Rising Against]

[edit on 22-1-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hmm, well considering I don't believe whole heartedly in any conspiracy theory, from alien reptile middle earth dwellers, to the NWO...I guess I am sane enough.

I do however entertain well put together theories...never as fact, but sometimes as possibilities depending on how the evidence is laid out...so, I could be potentially susceptable..

however, if there are clearcut facts no matter how you look at it, peer reviewed by neutral agencys, then I will believe...however, it is no longer a conspiracy at that point anyhow...its just a simple fact...like the conspiracy that milk we drink from the store comes from cows...not a conspiracy...just a simple fact.

whew..

believe nothing, but investigate everything...good enough motto to live by.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There is a big element of truth to this!
Before the internet people would write out their "theories' manifestos or whatever, and either leave them for people to find or frequently staple them to fences or telephone poles! When you saw this stuff hand written, it defiantly
smacked of craziness! Some web sites are still like that, but with so much slick software out there, some really insane stuff is presented on a very visually pleasing manner.
People do tend to believe things they read on the internet, no matter how nutty it is!

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The only thing worse than believing everything the Governments say, is believing everything conspiracy theorists say. "Theory" being the operative word here. Its up to you to look at the evidence and make up your mind.

My own family think im a little crazy for going on these sites, because they assume that i believe everything i read on them.

Lable me crazy if you want i dont care. Your the one who end up with a sore head from the wall.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

My own family think im a little crazy for going on these sites, because they assume that i believe everything i read on them.

haha mine do as well its like

just because im interested in this stuff it doesn’t mean im craazzy

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Im sure we are not alone. Only yesturday i had a similar conversation about how. When people hear the words "Conspiracy Theorist" They automaticly think loony!

Its got a lot to do with how we are portrayed in the media.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

I know a few people who are like that, I say i come onto this site and what it's about and they are always wondering why i would possibly want to come on here, let alone keep coming here.

Oh well, If people think i'm crazy because i come on ATS so what!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

In psychiatry, a belief is considered delusional if all of the following are true:

• certainty (held with absolute conviction)
  • incorrigibility (not changeable by compelling counterargument or proof to the contrary)
  • impossibility or falsity of content (implausible, bizarre or patently untrue)

Plenty of ATS members habour beliefs that clearly and easily meet those three criteria, rendering them delusional.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Honestly, the longer I'm here the more I'm convinced that some people who come here actually are mentally ill. Not everyone, but quite a few. It's the people who are mentally ill that make the world think we all are because they are the most vocal.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
The strange thing about coming on ATS, is that it has made me less of a conspiracy theorist and more of a sceptic, which i think is a good thing. There are some really smart people on here, many of whom are sceptics that have really shown up the flaws in many a conspiracy posted. I'm now of the belief, not everything is a conspiracy, but that's not to say some conspiracies exist, because that in my mind they most certainly do Just not on the whole Holloywood blockbuster level.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
here we see a classic example of how the government uses the media to discredit any skeptics, conspiracy theorists, truth-seekers aka anyone who doesn't immediately fall in line with what they are told by the people in charge.

if someone raises an issue, or takes interest in an issue where the government is lieing or suspected of lying, then what better way to cover your own back than calling them mentally ill? hence why all conspiracy theories or ufo believers are instantly considered "wackos" or "nutjobs". it instantly discredits anyone who believes in conspiracy theories, regardless of any factual (or lack of) evidence.

a perfect example of this is david icke. before writing his books he was a well respected TV presenter. the media turned him into a "lunatic" overnight, thus tainting public opinion. It then follows that anyone who shares similar (or any alternative views) is the same as david icke and they are instantly tarred with the same brush.

in my opinion it is mentally ill not to question things.

edit: spelling

[edit on 1-2-2010 by pangaea]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by pangaea

No, if someone acts in way indistinguishable from someone suffering from a mental illness, they get called mentally ill.

Don't think it's some conspiracy in itself, as that kind of proves the point.

There's questioning things, and then there's questioning things for no good reason. If you don't use critical thought, which I've yet to see a conspiracy theorist use, you're acting irrationally, and quite possibly mentally ill in some way or another.

[edit on 1-2-2010 by davesidious]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

perhaps i should have made myself more clear in my previous post as you seem to have missed my point.

i visit this website (and though i am new to register, i have browsed for a few years) to find the people who DO use critical thought and factual evidence to back up their claims. everyone else gets ignored. you are probably right, alot of people on here are mad,

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pangaea

It is good news because labeled as a nut case you can instantly fly under the radar and cover your tracks with a simple insanity fork.

Tesla was considered insane by many, but for those that take the time to consider his perspective and accomplishments you come to a different conclusion. As with any world class troll that is labeled, the label usually ends ends up revealing more about the person labeling.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Its one thing to consider Reptilians in ancient Mythology and ponder the possible Extraterrestrial origins of such Myth or to philosophize about the vibratory nature of Reality and with that the possible manipulation of energies by Reptile-based entities or even to consider hidden forces of Reptile-Mentalities trying to pull the strings for the worse.

Its another thing to go around selling this as absolute fact and barking at anyone who dares suggest the mundane. Thats completely Delusional.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I definitely think a LOT of regular ATS users are schizophrenic (at best).

There's that guy that claims he can cure cancer by touching people and that god sends him messages via rainbows and that Aliens blew up the WTC.

That's not aware... that's sad.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Look, mankind is ill, the planet is ill, the dams system is ill. So how the # can we not be ill he?!

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

It can be argued, that as there is no evidence Tesla did anything other than his more mundane work, to assume that he did actually achieve his more surreal (and undocumented) claims, is also delusional. You can state it as a possibility, which is true, but to speak of it as a fact is straight-up delusional.

And if people think you're mentally ill, no one will listen to you.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

I agree, some just post any crazy thought they have and those same people seem to believe it witout any proof what so ever.

Shame that all conspiracy theorists get labeled crazy because of a select few.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

From my experience on ATS, that describes the majority, not the minority.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join