It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grayson: Fight now or ‘kiss your country goodbye’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
But until idiots like Beck or O'reilly tell the sheep their is a problem, they have no clue.

Have you even seen an episode of Glenn Beck? It's a solid hour of him telling viewers there is a problem with the U.S. government.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by Guidance.Is.Internal]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Guidance.Is.Internal

There is no chance of them watching anything that is even remotely against there views.

It is almost funny the rhetoric that comes from the "supposedly" enlightened.

I was watching the Ed show the other day when he had the Propaganda Minister Gibbs on. Ed kept asking him if the health care bill was going to do anything but give money to the insurance companies. It was actually kind of funny watching it. One thing about Ed, he did keep hammering him.

You have to watch all of them and think they are all either lying or holding back some truth. Then apply it to what you see in the real world.

You cannot tell the radical left anything, they are right and you are wrong. Even if you tell them the sky is blue, you would still be wrong.

I do not even know what to make of it anymore. Logic has gone right out the window.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
A couple vids on the matter:

Grayson on Olberman:

Thom Hartmann

Other than McCain, the left-wing seems to be the only ones railing against this, so what's this about the "radical" left being mistaken? The vast majority of politicians and media are very very far from radical left. The radical left, I've found, is correct/intelligent far more often than the radical right. What have O'Reilly/Beck said? I wouldn't be surprised if they supported this fascist decision with some kind of doublespeak that makes them LOOK like they're fighting the system when they're really all for it...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHierarchy

You can see the double speak and hypocrisy right here on this thread.

Their ideology has gotten in the way of common sense.
They see what is happening but they just can't admit that the neocons and the PNAC is still in operation and leading us to corporate fascism.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Here is President Barack Obama's campaign finances.

Obama Top Contributors

University of California $1,591,395
Goldman Sachs $994,795
Harvard University $854,747
Microsoft Corp $833,617
Google Inc $803,436
Citigroup Inc $701,290
JPMorgan Chase & Co $695,132
Time Warner $590,084
Sidley Austin LLP $588,598
Stanford University $586,557
National Amusements Inc $551,683
UBS AG $543,219
Wilmerhale Llp $542,618
Skadden, Arps et al $530,839
IBM Corp $528,822
Columbia University $528,302
Morgan Stanley $514,881
General Electric $499,130
US Government $494,820
Latham & Watkins $493,835

Here is a breakdown of the industries that donated to BO-

Industry contribution breakdown

1 Lawyers/Law Firms $43,071,129
2 Retired $42,934,278
3 Education $22,915,462
4 Misc Business $16,558,999
5 Securities & Investment $14,808,875
6 Health Professionals $11,716,570
7 Business Services $11,453,341
8 Democratic/Liberal $11,234,271
9 Real Estate $10,395,123
10 TV/Movies/Music $8,966,774
11 Civil Servants/Public Officials $8,775,628
12 Computers/Internet $8,497,422
13 Women's Issues $6,906,664
14 Misc Finance $6,390,199
15 Printing & Publishing $5,973,558
16 Other $3,661,324
17 Hospitals/Nursing Homes $3,335,944
18 Commercial Banks $3,244,103
19 Non-Profit Institutions $2,962,445
20 Construction Services $2,917,605

Even with the laws that have been declared unconstitutional, it seems the last campaign certainly had enough contributions from corps.

Hmmmmm

Can anyone say HYPOCRISY?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Avenging Gecko.

I'm tired of hearing about the PROGRESSIVE MOVEMENT. ALmost everyone on here posting this stuff is just spewing out crap they heard on GB's show.

It's amazing isn't it? Glen Beck spend each day hammering the 'progressive movement' while over 17 million have no jobs...millions are losing their homes. He's trying to quell what should have already happened.

He's trying to convince people that the wealthy should keep their money ev en though MILLIONS are hurting.

That is all he is doing. Read between the lines. His SILENCE on the supreme court ruling proves it.

Country was just sold to China and other foreign interests/corporations...yet he's talking about Progressive's and CHairman Mao.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by David9176]

Glen Beck Worships the Rich. He literally weeps on the air,when in their presence of their Magnanimous Greatness.
It is quite a site to see.
Politics is Personality @copyright RRokkyy

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
The 1st Amendment.

"Congress shall make no law .... abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; ....."

Now that you have read this, tell me what you don't understand?

This is so simple, I am amazed and thankful the Supreme Court got it right!

Maybe its not so simple.
There is a difference between the freedom to speak your idea and the freedom,meaning ability, to publish it over various forms of expensive media.
If you have to spend money for your speech, millions of dollars for TV time, then it really isnt equally free for everyone. Then only the rich, groups, or corporations can afford it. The common man is disenfranchised.

Should a billionaire be allowed to outspend everyone else in supporting a candidate he likes? Is that what this ruling will allow?
The goal of the right has always been to turn money into power and power into corruption.
It is certainly not clear that the intent of the constitution was to take Freedom of Speech away from the poor and give it to the rich.

The poor have no way to be heard.
Scotus,"Let them buy million dollar TV time (cake)."

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I may get flamed for this and that's fine. But IMHO it's over. It's been over for a long time for America, and 9/11 sealed the deal. In 2008, we got fooled again. The only thing I feel that I can do now is spend my time helping my family on the reservations. This is not the country my grandfather fought and died for.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by Avenginggecko

Avenging Gecko.

I'm tired of hearing about the PROGRESSIVE MOVEMENT. ALmost everyone on here posting this stuff is just spewing out crap they heard on GB's show.

It's amazing isn't it? Glen Beck spend each day hammering the 'progressive movement' while over 17 million have no jobs...millions are losing their homes. He's trying to quell what should have already happened.

He's trying to convince people that the wealthy should keep their money ev en though MILLIONS are hurting.

That is all he is doing. Read between the lines. His SILENCE on the supreme court ruling proves it.

Country was just sold to China and other foreign interests/corporations...yet he's talking about Progressive's and CHairman Mao.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by David9176]

Goes to show there is more than one way to get MOAED

What gets me is he went to great lengths to describe how this will unfold, step by step,
creeping and lurking relentlessly. But now that we have been air dropped right onto
the center of Moas lap... well the crickets are deafening

"Hey everyone! Uncle Moa is giving Knee Horsy rides at the capital building and believe it or not he doesn't smell so bad after all! He give my son a led Transformer cookie, for free!"

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

So what says you???

Have you figured out a way to rosy this up?

I really hope not

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

The Dems better back off on the foreign angle.

It may end up burying Obama.

I don't know if you remember the statue of Obama built over in Indonesia.

I still have that info buried somewhere in one of my HD's.

It seems foreign money donations can be traced to his campaign.

There is a stipulation in campaign donations that anything under $200 does not have to be declared on who donated it.

McCain handed over ALL the names of donations, Obama has a list that is HUGE on the

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

The Dems better back off on the foreign angle.

It may end up burying Obama.

I don't know if you remember the statue of Obama built over in Indonesia.

I still have that info buried somewhere in one of my HD's.

It seems foreign money donations can be traced to his campaign.

There is a stipulation in campaign donations that anything under $200 does not have to be declared on who donated it.

McCain handed over ALL the names of donations, Obama has a list that is HUGE on the

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Forget about the politicians for a minute

Do you think it is good for America to allow unlimited and unfettered ability of ANYONE FOREIGN or not to fund our political electoral process?

First, it still is not unfettered, I have to read through all the pages of both the dissenting and the majority opinions. A lot of people are making way off base assumptions on the case and the causality related. As for what I would want, how about there being a maximum level donation for all corporations and people to advertise. I would suggest this for campaigns also and disclosure of all people that have donated. Like I said, Obama has some big explaining coming on foreign funds.

I mean can a Chinese, Russian or Saudi shell corporation now come into the American market and up the AD buy in game hundreds of millions, Billions, tens of Billions
under the guise of free speech?

What is worse for the country right now is the two party strangle hold on the voting system. There was actually a town that wanted to get rid of party affiliations but the government would not let them. Does that not scare you more? Take the Representative race in NY I think where the people were going to elect a third party candidate in, until the RINO dropped out and endorsed the Democrat. There is absolute collusion and corruption happening between the two Mafia Parties. Vote for the woman/man that promises constitutional governance. Want an amendment, then start pushing.

I really think this goes beyond left and right implication wise. I would bet ALL my possessions and money right now (if possible) that ZERO founding fathers would
agree with allowing instruments of foreign governments direct manipulation of
the seating of our politicians, I wish we could do that because I would be rich and would take some of you f#@!#!@s on a drinking binge that would melt your face.
Then I would buy some politicians

I keep reading between the lines on many of these posts and what I hear is, do nothing, by providing solutions that are not realistic or practical, therefore nothing.
There is not much we can do except vote for honorable and trustworthy people. Plus, all party affiliated people need to vote out all incumbents until they get the message. This coming election has to be anti incumbent and third party all the way. We need to destroy the Two Party creature from hell.

You know you can still be who you are and preach what you believe, selectively,
you are an individual as you know, just because it is premised upon your non government interference notions does not mean it is fundamentally good in every instance... I learned that concept from people like you, great lesson for me, just reminding you, thats all.

I am actually a very straight forward guy. This country has one chance left. If we do not get our act together, the fall elections will be the last elections.

Heck, if we even make it to the elections this fall. This decision was used to implement more division. This kind of stuff just does not happen by coincidence.

A friend and I were trying to come up with what they were going to do to stop the momentum of the election of Scott Brown. Got to give it to the men behind the mask.

Perfect timing. I should do some research on how long this stuff was being worked on of how long it was sat on.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Forget about the politicians for a minute

Do you think it is good for America to allow unlimited and unfettered ability of ANYONE FOREIGN or not to fund our political electoral process?

First, it still is not unfettered, I have to read through all the pages of both the dissenting and the majority opinions. A lot of people are making way off base assumptions on the case and the causality related. As for what I would want, how about there being a maximum level donation for all corporations and people to advertise. I would suggest this for campaigns also and disclosure of all people that have donated. Like I said, Obama has some big explaining coming on foreign funds.

I mean can a Chinese, Russian or Saudi shell corporation now come into the American market and up the AD buy in game hundreds of millions, Billions, tens of Billions
under the guise of free speech?

What is worse for the country right now is the two party strangle hold on the voting system. There was actually a town that wanted to get rid of party affiliations but the government would not let them. Does that not scare you more? Take the Representative race in NY I think where the people were going to elect a third party candidate in, until the RINO dropped out and endorsed the Democrat. There is absolute collusion and corruption happening between the two Mafia Parties. Vote for the woman/man that promises constitutional governance. Want an amendment, then start pushing.

I really think this goes beyond left and right implication wise. I would bet ALL my possessions and money right now (if possible) that ZERO founding fathers would
agree with allowing instruments of foreign governments direct manipulation of
the seating of our politicians, I wish we could do that because I would be rich and would take some of you f#@!#!@s on a drinking binge that would melt your face.
Then I would buy some politicians

I keep reading between the lines on many of these posts and what I hear is, do nothing, by providing solutions that are not realistic or practical, therefore nothing.
There is not much we can do except vote for honorable and trustworthy people. Plus, all party affiliated people need to vote out all incumbents until they get the message. This coming election has to be anti incumbent and third party all the way. We need to destroy the Two Party creature from hell.

You know you can still be who you are and preach what you believe, selectively,
you are an individual as you know, just because it is premised upon your non government interference notions does not mean it is fundamentally good in every instance... I learned that concept from people like you, great lesson for me, just reminding you, thats all.

I am actually a very straight forward guy. This country has one chance left. If we do not get our act together, the fall elections will be the last elections.

Heck, if we even make it to the elections this fall. This decision was used to implement more division. This kind of stuff just does not happen by coincidence.

A friend and I were trying to come up with what they were going to do to stop the momentum of the election of Scott Brown. Got to give it to the men behind the mask.

Perfect timing. I should do some research on how long this stuff was being worked on of how long it was sat on.

We shall see, if this is the end I am ready as I will ever be... But if it is not truly inevitable I do not want to sit back waiting for the cow to milk, I shall behave like
it is just the beginning. Funny you discussed Brown, a friend of mine has a theory
that it was a move to redistribute the rage when the TEMPERS get to hot, in order to keep this whole thing going, make people feel like they have a choice, much like BO's
campaign and election.

I am actually of the mind the goal is not to rock the boat with any major tyrannical authoritarian moves, because at that moment the mirage will be come apparent in all its splendor. Game on, money stopped flowing, people stop working as the wizard has been discovered and start fighting something tangible.

As it is now something is off but we cannot put our fingers on the SPECIFIC culprits, is it a secret society, greedy Elites, politicians, Mexicans, Chinese, Liberals, conservatives, corporations, welfare recipients... In this fashion we still work, produce,
300 million of use pay our bills that finance our captors agenda's, we fight each other
and do their dirty work. A man digging a ditch is impoverished, while the man telling him how to dig the ditch is well to do, doing nothing. The irony in the last one is great,
it is a symptom of our freedom and a symptom of the worlds disfunction all rolled into one.

In this case it is said to be a matter of free speech, but when applied with some very clever do nothing can do, can systematically develop a method to hoard and control
all modern methods of free speech. All one has to do is increase the ad buy in price by hyper inflating the BUY IN PRICE, which would effectively lock out anyone lacking
princely sums of money. Pass some NET control act (probably with the word FREEDOM in IT). Saturate the market with campaigns and disinformation, the likes of which this world has never seen. Fund both side, all sides, ensuring a victory anyway, since you control all the sources of information sacrifice one candidate for drama/VICTORY, then pass legislation to better the cause, repeat = fascism

FREE SPEECH DENIED - well not really, you can talk to yourself all you would like, so technically you still have free speech... But your balls
have been severed just the same, teeth sanded down to the gums... Like a #zu on fire could be technically referred to as a hot dog.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A rather devious thought has entered my mind:

Since the SCOTUS has advanced the idea that corporations are able to have direct contributions to a candidate as an extension of freedom of expression/speech like an individual has under the First Amendment; does this mean that corporations are now as legally actionable as individuals?

By that question, I mean that an individual can be sued for causing undue stress for doing something along the lines of brandishing a weapon, yelling fire in a crowded theater and other such panic inducing things.

So I must now question are companies such as Goldman Sachs able to be sued for the undue stress and unstable work environment that I and others have been living under this past year. I have been laid off from Jan 08-Mar 08 and now my hours have been cut down quite a bit at this minimum wage job that I took in order to just be employed.

I think $40 billion (heck I'd settle out of court for $400K plus whatever the shyster wanted) is a fair settlement and I am sure I could find a jury of twelve that would agree seeing how they could get into the act as well. Surely there is a lawyer unscrupulous to take cases for a modest percentage of the settlement of multiple cases.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

This decision does not allow for direct campaign donations to be increased.

This decision has to do with independant advertisement.

Everyone please read the McCain Feingold bill.

Here it is-McCain Feingold Bill

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Leaving the Constitutionality of this decision aside, the judges that made their decision knew that this decision was going to be made months before they had to make the decision, and did alot of study to come to their decision.

They made the right decision constitutionally, but that's where it stops, because that is all they are entitled to make decisions on. It's also an unfortunate thing to realize... that they DID consider the possibility that American National Security would be threatened due to foreign influences involving themselves, but they weren't required to consider that legally, because it's political conjecture and not, once again, a prerequisite for their duties.

Now, it's up to Congress to amend the constitution, reflecting this issue.

In retrospect, there needs to be an organization created out of necessity due to the breech of National Security this creates, that will be responsible for recieving campaign contributions of all registered candidates and then making them public record.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Ahabstar

This decision does not allow for direct campaign donations to be increased.

This decision has to do with independant advertisement.

Everyone please read the McCain Feingold bill.

Here it is-McCain Feingold Bill

And as legal precedent has been set a whole other set of clauses and sub sections have been voided via the precedent, this is a direct sub claus effected as it can be sourced to issue at hand

``(c) Limitation.--The committee shall not accept any donation from
a foreign national (as defined in section 319(b) of the Federal Election
Campaign Act of 1971 (2 U.S.C. 441e(b))).

Then to be differed to this piece amending 1971, as this section has been castrated,

section 319(b) of the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 (2 U.S.C. 441e(b)))

As you shall see foreign nationals can, per this decision donate to PAC'S, Participate in our electoral discourse by making the appropriate filling, spend unlimited money in this fashion and may do so unfettered in accordance with the 1st amendment, and via American usurpers who can do the front office facade, best way to hide intent.

So I cannot wait to see 15,000 ads from AMERICAN (CHINESE) ALLIANCE FOR FREE TRADE alleging candidate B has molested a 15 year old boy the day before the election, just because he aims to repeal NAFTA. Of corse injunctive measures may take a day or two to process, meanwhile corporate shill candidate A who has secretly agreed to increase imports and decrease exports and gets elected because
candidate B has "just been found out" to be a child "molester".

Hell of a way to clean up our already squeaky clean elected if you ask me.

Of course candidate A has some knee pads to put on when he takes office, but hell
he's a fooking senator now, tis the price we pay...

This is a race to the absolute bottom, if you want less government you ain't gonna get it this way, the favors and pork are going to go right of the charts, any semblance of truth are going to be replaced with once again, will bending manipulation paired with reciprocal government expanding legis...

anyhow you can count me out dude, this is so much like A BRAVE NEW WORLD it is
amazing, I don't know if I am that brave yet.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Our Tariffs are going to disappear. The one tax that isn't enforced on American citizens is going to disappear.

But it's ok!!!!!!!!!

We must PROTECT international corporations. I love China and Chairman Mao! Mussolini is my hero!!! I love the Saudi King!!

It's definitely a given that our government will shrink and corruption will end.

God Bless the USA!

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
yea you americans realise sam sung sony etc all can donate who will help em out

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join