It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The weirdest dream of all time...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Last night I had a dream which seriously blew my mind...I wish I could have written down exactly what happened right after I awoke instead of waiting a few hours...because I've forgotten a lot of important bits...anyway...I read a thread a little while ago where someone proposed some dreams were alternate realities...and I didn't believe that to be true...until now...

The dream starts off with me on a commercial jumbo-jet...I've never been on a airplane before so I don't know why I would be...anyway...I was sitting next to an Asian man and we were having a very enjoyable conversation...we seemed to really get along well...probably better than anyone I've ever met...now this is important: This part of my dream(s) was very hazy...not like one of those really vivid dreams...

Than I seemed to move onto another dream...but this dream was extremely real...beyond anything I've ever experienced before...I literally felt as though I was living and experiencing true reality...and this dream wasn't nice...because I was in prison...and my family came to visit...I remember this dream went for a long time...it felt as though the hours in this cell by myself were building up...at what seemed like 5 hours alone and confined to this cell...something in my head clicked...and I don't kno why...but I sorta thought...this has to be a dream...I must be dreaming...this can't be real...even though it felt so real and I literally felt like I was going to rot in prison forever...what I did next, was I tried to awaken myself...even though I had no real idea I was asleep...I can't possibly explain it...but I'm sure a lot of people here can understand what I mean, when I say, I sort of pushed on my brain to wake up...put pressure on it, sort of squinting my eyes and shaking my head slightly...it's almost impossible to describe what it feels like...

The next thing I know, I apparently did wake up...but not really...I had just moved into another dream/reality...and I couldn't remember the prison part until I really woke up...this one was just as real and convincing as the last one...but it literally seemed to last for days...I remember spending hours with my friends and even attending a party...and I remember most of the night...the next day we went down to a nearby river for a swim...this part of the dream was so insanely long...I can't for the life of me remember...but something bad happened down at the river...and I did the same thing...I tried to wake myself up...now normally when something bad happens in a dream I wake up...but this was not the case with this set of dreams...and what's more suprising is the fact that my effort to wake myself up didn't actually wake me up but sent me into another dream...I've never had that happen before....

Anyway...once again...this next dream was amazingling real and vivid and had me convinced I was experiencing true reality...again, couldn't remember any of my past dreams...and this dream lasted perhaps 1-2 days...I can't remember exactly what happened in this dream...but I know, in a totally believable set of events, it led to me being on an airplane next to an Asian...but this time it wasn't hazy at all...I remember talking for maybe 10 minutes after we took off...when suddenly something went wrong and the plane started to go down...we inevitably crashed hard into the ground...the next thing I remember is that I was being dragged out of a wreck and heard people saying I was the only survivor...I once again tried to wake myself up hoping it was all just a bad dream (remember, I didn't even remember I did this in the past dreams)...I woke up for real this time...suddenly everything started to pour into my head...all those dreams and how they linked together...and it was the weirdest feeling ever...

What makes this even more interesting, is the fact that I used to be a criminal and I probably could have ended up in prison if I didn't get into conspiracy theories and begin expanding my mind and become a more spiritual person...I could also be hanging out with friends all the time and attending awesome parties if it weren't for the same reason...I'm sure I've missed a lot of important parts of these dreams that may have importance...because I know the effect this dream had on me was crazy...when I woke up for real...I wasn't even sure if it was real...I couldn't tell if I was still dreaming...and it totally screwed with my mind...I wasn't sure if I'd just moved into another dream like the previous attempts to wake myself up...

EDIT: Oh...btw...this whole set of dreams which seemed to last for like a week...was only about 6 hours in real life...

[edit on 22/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It could have been a parallel universe you experienced. You had made a life altering decision that changed your future and maybe you had some kind of cross over to see what could have been. Maybe that was your future basically collapsing. Parallel universes rise and fall every second of the day because decisions are being made.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

look at lucid dreams. That is what you had. Like I said in the other thread, we have no idea how most of our brain works. Dreams are a way of exercising the parts of our mind that we don't use everyday. Some people even claim to be able to control lucid dreams. Do some study on that and also look into what dreams mean. I don't think anyone can say 100% what they represent, but there are some interesting theories out there.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sorcha Faal

look at lucid dreams.
I have actually done a little research into it...since I used to have lucid dreams all the time...but not for years until that dream (well there was one other a few years ago)...

Some people even claim to be able to control lucid dreams.
Well it shouldn't just be a claim...I could do this when I used to have lucid dreams all the time...and I got better with practice...I thought a lot of people could do this...you essentially need to become aware that you're dreaming without waking your self up...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I would think that if you could control this to the extent of remembering what happened and controlling what happened is highly desirable. I envy those who can. Reality kind of sucks. But I suppose if I could control lucid dreams at will, I would be a worthless member of society since I would sleep all the time.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Your brain is electrical which means there are electrons running around. There is this thing called quantum entanglement in which that electron has a corresponding electron just like the first in another place! You are in two places at once! This is in your mind of course not your whole body.

According to the relational interpretation of quantum mechanics, first proposed by Carlo Rovelli[23], observations such as those in the double-slit experiment result specifically from the interaction between the observer and the object being observed, not any absolute property possessed by the object. In the case of an electron, if it is initially observed at a particular slit, then the observer/particle interaction includes information about the electron's position. This partially constrains the particle's eventual location at the screen. If it is observed not at a particular slit but rather at the screen, then there is no "which slit" information as part of the interaction, so the electron's observed position on the screen is determined strictly by its probability function. This makes the resulting pattern on the screen no different than if each individual electron had passed through both slits. It has also been suggested that space and distance themselves are relational, and that an electron can appear to be in "two places at once" — e.g., at both slits — because its spatial relations to particular points on the screen remain identical from both slit locations.[24]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ViperFoxBat

This is in your mind of course not your whole body.
Every atom in your body has electrons...so why just the mind?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I'm very fascinated by dreams that last a very long time. Thanks for sharing the story. I've had dreams that seem to last hours... but never longer than what I'd actually been sleeping. I don't think what happened in the dream itself was all that unusual... just the fact it lasted so long with such clarity.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

I'm very fascinated by dreams that last a very long time.
Yes, I find this aspect of dreams very fascinating...why does our brain experience time differently whilst sleeping? Your brain and your thoughts still seem to operate at the same speed. Imagine if you could utilize this effect in some way...for instance...you could get twice as many math problems done in a dream, compared to a person doing them awake...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperFoxBat
It could have been a parallel universe you experienced. You had made a life altering decision that changed your future and maybe you had some kind of cross over to see what could have been. Maybe that was your future basically collapsing. Parallel universes rise and fall every second of the day because decisions are being made.

en.wikipedia.org...

I really don't know what to say. This quote ^ has changed how I view things. I'm now re-thinking events, and taking them in from a completely different perspective.

I shall also re-read Flashforward.

Thank you =)

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
How do you know this isn’t the dream and the other reality?

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Imagine if you could utilize this effect in some way...for instance...you could get twice as many math problems done in a dream, compared to a person doing them awake...

Wow, this is an interesting thread. I share many of your ideas.

Yes, sometimes in my dreams, I solve and work out problems that relate to the real life. It is really cool and I think some people might know what I mean.

The quote "take a night to sleep over it" really makes sense.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

[edit on 23-1-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

You might want to explore Delores Cannon's Books.

One possible theory is that at any one junction in our lives there are several options. We "here" in this dimensional "reality" go one way but there are multiples of us living simultaneously in parelle worlds that may have chosen different options. We are creators of realilty and even a thought can produce form

Just theories.

I've experience the exact same thing as you in many of my dreams. Sometimes I'm me but I don't even look like me but I know I'm me

Hope you find this article helpful.

Scientists are slowly finding that we travel in our dreams into parallel universes or oceans of multiverses where different things are happening with us – what and who we know and our environments.

In dreams we migrate to the multiverse and go on an incredible journey.

As the world turns, billions of people and perhaps also animals make these interdimensional journeys. These journeys produce traces, be they electrical or of some substance we cannot physically measure. All combined, the traces our journeys make as we pass through billions of parallel universes create a form, a collective shape, giving the multiverse existence.

The similarities in brainwave patterns between waking life and sleep imply that on certain levels the brain may be functioning in similar ways, the most notable similarity being that we are conscious in both states.

In both states we are receiving sensory input, though in the case of dreams, the origin of this input and the organs involved in its reception remain cloaked. We are compelled to dream so that we can be part of this other much greater world which spans and in some way bonds all parallel universes.

Researchers have shown that in early childhood – even in the womb – infants have a very high proportion of REM sleep.

Perhaps our consciousness originates from this other existence. That may explain why consciousness is the most elusive and ethereal of forms. An understanding of the chemical and electrical processes occurring in the brain does not add up to an understanding of the nature of consciousness.

Dream research will produce more data to hypothesize about, but it will never give us an insight into the astounding multiverse of which our dreams form a part.

SOURCE: India Daily
www.mindpowernews.com...

[edit on 23-1-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by D1Useek

Your mind is twisted just like a pretzel...........really good post!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm pretty well convinced that our consciousness is shared across time and distance, and that our dream state is like an old "party line," a telephone system in which you could pick up the phone at any time and listen to what other people were talking about all over town.

I've had recurring dreams for years that take me back to the same locations, with the same cast of characters (whom I've never met in this reality), and a continuing story line... It's like watching sequential episodes of some particularly weird reality series. Sometimes these dreams occur every night, picking up where they left off the night before. They go on for weeks, even months.

Finally these sequential dreams reach a point of resolution, I guess, and I'm "released" to go enjoy another series of dreams.

Really bizarre, but I've gotten used to it.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Have you ever woken IN your dream and recalled what you were dreaming
while asleep in your dream??
In that dream I awoke in the back seat of a car on a gridlocked freeway and the sun was so hot on me I was sweating and felt the heat and sweat as I sat recalling what I'd just been dreaming! (This is nowhere near my most vivid or realistic dream just one example...)
So yeah...I definitely believe we visit other timelines/ realities!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

You might want to explore Delores Cannon's Books
I might do that...that quote you provided was talking about ideas I find extremely intriguing...thanks for the input.

reply to post by Doc Velocity

I think I used to have dreams similar to that...I would often have dreams which continued on from the last night after night...but I don't seem to do that anymore...it's to bad...it was quite enjoyable...

reply to post by SmokeyDawn

Have you ever woken IN your dream and recalled what you were dreaming
while asleep in your dream??
It's possible I may have...in fact, I seem to remember I have done that before...but I can't remember any of the details...that'd have to be one of the weirdest things...but I guess that's pretty much what I was doing in this set of dreams...because I'd force myself to wake up but I wouldn't really wake up...I'd only wake up from the dream I was currently having...and I did that like 4 or 4 times...it was a dream inside of a dream inside of a dream inside of a dream...

[edit on 24/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Check out my thread on dreams/dimension jumping, ... I think you will find our experiences similar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-1-2010 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

That was an awesome story, and had many similarities to mine. It makes one question the true nature of reality when things like this happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

That makes me think... If I was the last person on the planet, would I still dream?

edit: goodnight!

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Wookiep]

top topics

join