It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone tell me what this was?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
ok...I was just watching TV and my window is right next to my TV...and suddenly what appeared to be a tall white figure moved past my window...I thought it was a guy wearing a white shirt at first...but the thing is...outside my window is a wooden porch/veranda and i didn't hear any footsteps when I know I should have...the thing that's makes this even more weird is the fact that I live out in the country and can hardly see my nearest neighbor...not to mention it's currently midnight here...when I seen this ghostly white figure move past my window I literally felt fear shoot through me...it is quite shocking to see a tall white figure move past your window at midnight...I went outside after a little while and looked around but didn't find anything...and it gets even weirder...RIGHT after this figure moved past my window, a MASSIVE, and I mean MASSIVE (probably as big as my hand) spider crawled up my window...I thought bugs were going to start crawling out from everywhere or something...it was quite a disturbing, but brief occurrence...

Has any experienced something like this or know what it might have been? As I'm worried something might happen...I had the weirdest dream you could ever possibly imagine last night and I'm convinced it had meaning...

PS - I believe I have witnessed a ghost once before, when I was a child, which instilled the same type of fear I felt when I seen this thing go past my window...

[edit on 22/1/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

what did you watch on TV last night? Your imagination will manufacture all kinds of things to perpetuate the feeling of fear. Adrenaline is addictive. As for the massive spider, he is real. kill him.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Sorcha Faal

I assure you, this WAS real...I'm 100% certain...never in my life have I hallucinated or seen something that wasn't really there...never...my brain just doesn't do things like that...I know what I saw...this thing was there and it went past my window...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I meditate quite a lot and I recently caught something (an awareness, a thought) while I was 'out there'. The 'awareness' is that if you've been feeling fearful lately, hold onto your hats because it's only going to get worse. How you handle it what's important.

Try not to experience things with any reaction within the Fear aspect. Adopt instead the Love aspect: childlike curiosity, joy, amusement, compassion, etc. For example, the spider has long been a friend in households of yore. The spider reduced insect infestation. A house with lots of spiders was healthier.

If it were a ghost walking past your window, you could have just thought in your head 'Hello! Can I do something to help you?' or 'Are you delivering a message?' or some such. There is no reason to experience anything with fear. Change your perspective and all things become at the least tolerable and at best they are miracles. Give yourself the chance to change.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
What kind of TV is it? Was the lights on or off?
If the lights where off the brightness of the TV will cause you to have a peripheral figure.

Did you look straight at the object? If so did it go away?
and when you looked back at the tv did it reappear?

It might just be the mind playing tricks on you. now if you see it again and again. well you might have something there. keep a camera near by and try to document this apparition.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

I assure you, this WAS real...I'm 100% certain...never in my life have I hallucinated or seen something that wasn't really there...never...my brain just doesn't do things like that...I know what I saw...this thing was there and it went past my window...

no offence, but 100% certain? it's not a bad thing. it happens to everyone. We have no idea how most of our brain works. So you really think you saw a ghost/alien/insert your boogy man here? What do you think it was? If it was a person, you should have heard footsteps.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by rdz24

What kind of TV is it?
One of those huge tube-TV's (work on electrons and fluorescent screen)

Was the lights on or off?
It was on...and the TV faces away from the window...the TV is right next to the window, so I can look straight out the window or straight at the TV.

Did you look straight at the object? If so did it go away?
Yes, I noticed something moving straight away since my TV is so close to the window, I immediately looked straight at it and watched it move past my window. Yes, it went away, it walked right past.

and when you looked back at the tv did it reappear?
No, it hasn't reappeared yet...I keep looking out my window because I'm a little paranoid...but it hasn't come back...I have watched TV in this same room for at least 3 years now, and I always notice something moving outside, but it's always a person who I know should be there. I also always hear their footsteps. And I've never seen anything weird like this go past my window before...I also know a reflection when I see one...but this things was really outside of my window...it was there...

reply to post by CosmicEgg

There is no reason to experience anything with fear.
Yep, I know exactly what you mean, and I fully agree...but it's just sort if a reaction I couldn't help but have seeing a tall white figure move past my window in the middle of the night you know? It was a little freaky...just an impulse reaction really...fear hit me instantly...

no offence, but 100% certain? it's not a bad thing. it happens to everyone. We have no idea how most of our brain works. So you really think you saw a ghost/alien/insert your boogy man here? What do you think it was? If it was a person, you should have heard footsteps.
lol...well 99.9999999% certian...I'm telling you...something went past my window...I watched it move past my window...and I was not seeing things...I know I wasn't...this thing was most certiantly there...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It might have been a tall white. The other parts to this video are on Youtube.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ViperFoxBat

I actually thought about that possibility briefly...I think it was either an Alien or a ghost...I don't think it was human...and I'm certain it was there although there's obviously no way of proving that...but I know I'm not insane and my brain wouldn't create a hallucination like that...it wasn't any sort of optical illusion or light mirage...either I am going insane or something was there...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Just because you've never experienced a hallucination doesn't mean you won't. Everyone's brain is capable of it contrary to your opinion. And people who do experience hallucinations at some point had never previously experienced one. One question, where do you live, because the spider is easily explainable. As far as the white apparition, it could have been a spirit but lets examine other conventional scenarios. Matrixing is the most likely, in other words your brain automaticly seeks to find familliar shapes or patterns in complex shapes, patterns or colors. So if fog, a swarm of insects, mist, or an owl flew past your window if you couldn't properly discern what it was because you saw it in your peripheral vision or it moved to fast your brain turns it into something familliar. Secondly someone could have been casing your house for a potential robbery and was sneaking around on your porch. The least likeyl scenario, imho, being as you aren't sure you ever saw a spirit before, would be something paranormal. There are many large spiders in the US, and people always overestimate the size of objects that they see breifly.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

The spider wasn't odd at all...I live in Australia...it was the timing of it...it appeared just after the white figure moved past my window...and as for it just being my eyes trying to make something out of a mundane thing...it's not likely...I don't know anything that could possibly cause that effect...

fog/mist - We only get that in the mornings, particularly after cold nights, it's not like the US where fog/mist just seems to be everywhere...and the chances of fog/mist drifting past my window, which is under a sheltered roof, is highly unlikely...never seen such a thing...even if we do get fog/mist in our yard, it's extremely hard to see unless you're a good distance from our house. We simply don't get concentrated clouds of mist/fog/gas out here.

a swarm of insects - Very unlikely, this think looked solid, I couldn't see through it, and it had a smooth and uniform white surface/texture...the bugs would have to be smaller than grains of sand and flying so close together they'd be touching...and I've never seen such an insect swarm over here.

an owl - Hmmm...no...I've explained that I got a very good look at this thing for a few seconds...and it was VERY large...it had a tall, but vague human figure...and didn't look like mist or bugs...the best way to describe it...would be like...if you spray painted someone white I guess...but then used the blur tool on photoshop to remove the defining outline of the figure a little...I guess you could say it looked like a tall white, blurry blob moving past my window...but not blurry as in fuzzy...as in a smudge sense...there was no pattern, small holes, or grain to the texture...it was a smooth solid but blurry white...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Again a potential robber casing your house. Arbitrariy homelsss person looking for shelter. And again your brain making something seemingly familliar or recognizable out of the mundane is called matrixing.

As far as the fog. Are you near a water source? River, strream, lake.... As far as fog in Australia, lol. As far as fog occurring in the morning more than at night thats not the case. Fog usually appears at night time because of something called radiational cooling. During the day, the Earth's surface experiences daytime solar heating. The air above the Earth's surface is heated as well, and the warm air holds more moisture. When dusk occurs, radiational cooling takes over, and the Earth's surface cools down along with the air above it. If enough cooling takes place, the air temperature is cooled to the dew point, and fog forms because the air is saturated.

That's how radiation fog forms though. You can also have advection fog and precipitation fog, which form differently, but have the same idea in mind: cool the air temperature to the dew point or fill the air up with enough water vapor so that saturation occurs.

Now I've been fortunate to spend a great deal of time in Australia and I've seen my fair share of fog. I never noticed any difference between Australia and similar arid areas of the US as far as fog frequency.

I fund it funny that your eager to debunk rational explanations yet you seem apprehensive about putting the alien/ghost thing on the back burner in favor of a conventional explanation.

Let me ask you this you say you know it wasn't an optical effect, mirage or a hallucination? How exactly is that? You say your not insane and your brain wouldn't do that. Everyone's brain is capable of it. And while I think it's more likely its an optical effect, but do insane people ever know they are insane? No. If they do it's not insanity. Nor is a hallucination indicative of a mental illness.

Here's the thing if I tell you I see something that looks like a white figure outside and I'm more ready to say it's an alien than even explore the possibility that it's something conventional, how would that sound? It would sound like I want it to be paranormal/otherworldly. The fact is all of these things you so readily rule out, you can't logically eliminate. And they are far more likely than it being an alien or a spirit. Even the most ardent paranormal enthusiast will tell you that. Without a picture it's easy to debunk. WIthout you even allowing the possibility of a conventional explanation it makes it easier to debunk.

And again I'm not attacking you. I'm offering alternative, more logical theories than the alien/ghosty thing. And I absolutely believe inghosts andextraterrestrial life. I prefer to make sure I can rule out the obvious before making the assumption that its paranormal.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

It wasn't fog dude...in all my years of living out here never have I seen a concentrated cloud of mist/fog move through my yard...not once...the place you're most likely to see fog/mist at night is in town or on the roads...and my house is surrounded by open fields...not to mention, it simply didn't look like any fog to me...it didn't have a gaseous appearance, and appeared a solid white....I'm not saying it wasn't gas because I want to believe it's an alien or ghost...I couldn't really care less...I'm saying that because I really don't think it was gas.

As for the sanity side of things...I very well could of had a brief hallucination...or even be insane...but I very much doubt...who knows...I just think it's an easy way to dismiss someone when they claim they witnessed a UFO or Alien, or even that they got abducted...I truly believe what I saw when I looked out that window, was there...there was something there...whatever it was I'm not sure about...but I believe something was there...and I'm not even going to think about questioning my sanity...because that's how people lose their sanity...I have confidence in the strength and integrity of my mind, and I will never let that fade...I know what I saw...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You did get up and pursue it with a camera right? Did I read that correctly?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It was us.
Do not fear.
We will come again...

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Have you ever read any John Connolly ...in particular 'The Killing Kind' ... the tall figure and huge spider reminded me of Mr Pudd.

If you haven't read the book ... and this is not a psychological thing because of reading said book ... then maybe not a good idea to rush out and buy a copy to read now!

>>> On a more serious note ... have you had any experiences there before ... or is this the first time ?

Woody

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

You did get up and pursue it with a camera right?
Hah...no freakin way...that's just asking for a horror movie scenario to unfold...running out into the night at midnight chasing some weird thing which moved past my window...

reply to post by woodwytch

Have you ever read any John Connolly ...in particular 'The Killing Kind' ...
Nope...never read it...what was the tall figure in it? And what did the spider have to do with it?

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
CHAOS, thank you for the post. I would suggest that around the same time and maybe the same day of the week, turn off all surrounding distractions and go outside by the window, not right up on the window and just sit and observe. Worth a try. Be interesting to hear an update. And again, thank you for the post. = )

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

The tall figure was Mr Pudd (strange creature) and he bred spiders of all kinds ... but you don't want to know beyond that trust me.

Woody

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

It wasn't fog dude...in all my years of living out here never have I seen a concentrated cloud of mist/fog move through my yard...not once...the place you're most likely to see fog/mist at night is in town or on the roads...and my house is surrounded by open fields...not to mention, it simply didn't look like any fog to me...it didn't have a gaseous appearance, and appeared a solid white....I'm not saying it wasn't gas because I want to believe it's an alien or ghost...I couldn't really care less...I'm saying that because I really don't think it was gas.

As for the sanity side of things...I very well could of had a brief hallucination...or even be insane...but I very much doubt...who knows...I just think it's an easy way to dismiss someone when they claim they witnessed a UFO or Alien, or even that they got abducted...I truly believe what I saw when I looked out that window, was there...there was something there...whatever it was I'm not sure about...but I believe something was there...and I'm not even going to think about questioning my sanity...because that's how people lose their sanity...I have confidence in the strength and integrity of my mind, and I will never let that fade...I know what I saw...

I understand you don't think it was fog. Which goes back to the matrixing thing. Hell it's happened to me and I am well aware of the phenomenon. I've sworn up and down I've seen something only to go back and debunk my photo because it was something innocuous that my brain manufactured into something more familliar because I didn't process the image properly.

Here's the thing, I'm not dismissing your claim at all. I'm not just arbitrarily going, "This guy is nuts and had a hallucination or a psychotic break". You say your not sure what it was but you destroy every rational explanation offered. You believe something was there which implies you saw something white. I 100% believe that. You seem really concerned about losing your sanity too. And again it could have been an actual person.

Accept nothing and question everything. You say you want to find out what it could be because you aren't sure what it was. I'm trying to assist you with that. The problem is even though you even state you aren't sure what it was that you won't entertain any ideas of what it could be that don't mesh with your own theories. I wasn't saying it was fog, I was simply entertaining the possibility.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join