It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate Dental Hygeine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Because of a busy schedule, I did not brush my teeth for 2 days. In that time period, I was not functioning fully. But then I brushed my teeth and felt way better. I am now chewing gum and I feel great.

I was wondering if any of you had any alternative dental advice let's say if Fan gets hit by something brown.

Any herbs or tinctures you know that promote good dental health?

How about something other than a toothbrush and toothpaste?

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I found this article with a few good suggestions.

Herbal Care of Teeth and Gums

And it appears and apple a day will at least keep the dentist away.
Apples. Natures Toothbrush

I take really good care of my teeth, floss, brush at least 2x a day and avoid sweets(this is the key, especially sweet beverages) and I have not been to a dentist in 10 years and have experienced no problems. I dont want to start a new conspiracy here but dentists have an agenda.

Lets see, a little spot of decay, dentist drills out a huge hole, then fills it with mercury amalgam. Providing you with a mouth full of toxic material that needs care, repair and attention. If the filling falls out, you now have a large hole in your tooth that will facilitate even more decay. Yes, I'm anti-dentite

Hope the links helped. Ignore my rant if you wish

[edit on 22-1-2010 by iamcamouflage]

[edit on 22-1-2010 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Avoiding sugary items is obviously the easiest way.
If you are foraging for your food, that should be pretty easy to do. And as long as you don't have any existing dental problems that could flare up it should be enough to protect your teeth.

Dental records from ancient burial sites throughout Britain show that most people had their teeth for their entire life, right up until sugar was introduced. But it did birth a new industry - dentistry. lol

If you are subsisting off of pre-packaged items however I guess it would be a good idea to ensure that are low on sugars (or free of them) or else ensure that you include some toothpaste in your jump kit or 'looting'.

Running a google search on "herb dental" returned this page, which includes a wide variety of plantlife that can help out. It largely depends on the area of the country you will find yourself in post fan hitting

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
You can brush your teeth with a finger and baking soda.

Colloidal silver works great as a mouthwash / anti-bacterial.

That's about all i can think of.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I've read that good quality oulong or loose green tea strengthens tooth enamel.

I have been drinking it for years and went back to dentist after a ten year absence no cavities. Mind you I brushed everyday. Not sure if there was a correlation but there are so many other benefits of green tea... I drink a large pot every day.

Look for a good quality tea, it makes a world of difference in the taste and most likely the medical polyphenols, anti-oxidents and tannin makeup.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Hello Solar,

The Australian Aborigines use burnt sticks from the fire to chew on,The charcoal
is abrasive for cleaning and also has some germ killing properties,

If you have it, a light mix of peroxide in some water will generally take care of the nasties and you can chew on some grasses and leaves to scrub your teeth making sure that they are safe to do so of course.

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Settlers in the american frontier used to soak dogwood twigs in whiskey to chew to clean their teeth.

Also horsetails (Equisetum) have a high silica content for a harder cleaning. May remove enamel if you brush too hard as this is what you can use to scour pots with as well.

new topics

top topics

join